Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Dealer C8 certified service list ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dealer C8 certified service list ?

    Just for fun, I drove our C8 into a nearby chevy dealer and asked the service manager if the dealership was GM certified of the C8. He said Yes. When I asked about the C8 dealer certified process, and how much the required C8 special tools package cost, he had no clue, and that was when the tap dance started. Can the forum start a list of C8 certified C8 dealers? is this a good idea? Your thoughts.

    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

  • #2
    The answer to your question as to tools is that a dealership can not work on nor sell a C8 unless they have purchased the C8 specific tool package (total cost of $1,454).

    Interesting to review them one by one. The most expensive one, a tool we expected to be on it, is a specialized “transmission support/service feature” (a cradling jack @ $441), e.g., a DCT transaxle is a costly piece. Then there is a manual park release wrench at $331; also required for such work is the $57 “support mount transmission table.” Another major one is the $200 “engine support fixture adapter.” All of these things we are not surprised to see for servicing a mid engine vehicle.

    The rest are 10 more minor tools costing a total of less than $400 collectively.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe I saw something on Chevy website where you can type in your zip and get a list of certified dealers in your area. How accurate it is I don’t know.
      Mesa, AZ.
      AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM (via ACS Composite), 5ZC, FE4, RCC

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks AZ Desert Dog. We appreciate that reminder, and here is the link you were referring to:

        https://www.chevrolet.com/certified-...dealer-locator

        HOWEVER, even when I type in dealers I positively know are Corvette certified, it does not come up with them on that list. So, FWIW.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought that a C8 certified dealer had to send 2 people to Spring Mountain. Did that change? Also, for me, its not the cost of the tool package that the C8 dealers must have , but if they purchased it.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
            I thought that a C8 certified dealer had to send 2 people to Spring Mountain. Did that change? Also, for me, its not the cost of the tool package that the C8 dealers must have , but if they purchased it.
            The Spring Mountain training was delayed because of Coronavirus. I'm not sure if it's started up again or not, but a lot of dealers weren't able to get training before they started delivering them.

            The other issue with this requirement is that a dealer might have a trained C8 mechanic today, but if he quits tomorrow there's really no way for GM to know. Or for the consumer.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

            Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

            Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

            Never grow up - It's a trap.

            Comment


            • #7
              I can attest that the Certified Dealer Locator software link above did, indeed, get a correct hit on the Chattanooga dealer, Integrity Chevrolet, has one, and possibly, two great C8 technicians. They work on all years of Corvettes and other hi-po vehicles. They do get backed up. I waited through three Corvettes (C7s) the last time I had a clogged injector on my C8.
              U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
              2020 Coupe, ELB, 2LT, performance exhausts

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                Just for fun, I drove our C8 into a nearby chevy dealer and asked the service manager if the dealership was GM certified of the C8. He said Yes. When I asked about the C8 dealer certified process, and how much the required C8 special tools package cost, he had no clue, and that was when the tap dance started. Can the forum start a list of C8 certified C8 dealers? is this a good idea? Your thoughts.
                If you do a "find dealer" search on the Corvette page you will see some dealers listed as a "Corvette Signature Dealer" That would be the ones that are certified ..

                Waiting @1375 with Kerbeck: 2021 Corvette Stingray -2LT coupe -Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, Natural interior FE2 - NPP - E60 - EYK
                Deposit 11/10/20, 2000 3/18/21, 3000 3/23/21, TPW 8/23/21

                Comment


                • #9
                  $1400 for tools is actually not to bad (for special tools). In an addition to the special tools John mentioned, the dealer also is required to have at least one technician who has completed all of the Corvette related training.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just to put my two cents worth for this post-would like to know which Chevy dealers are good and bad for service.
                    Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

                      The Spring Mountain training was delayed because of Coronavirus. I'm not sure if it's started up again or not, but a lot of dealers weren't able to get training before they started delivering them.

                      The other issue with this requirement is that a dealer might have a trained C8 mechanic today, but if he quits tomorrow there's really no way for GM to know. Or for the consumer.
                      Very true and that is why we as consumers, as for most of us our C8 iOS of the most expensive purchases we have made, do our due diligence first. As I often note we do not automatically go to the closest restaurant, the closest dentist, or hire the closest CPA, but instead we do research, ask our trusted friends, etc. I now drive buy four Chevy dealerships to get to my outstanding Corvette Tech/dealership (driving 90 miles each way to get to them).

                      Here’s a one way to start down that path:

                      https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ing-department
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Buying the tools is one thing. Knowing how to use them is another. I have decided that, for a C8 HTC, I will drive the 100 miles to MM and enjoy the sights and sounds of Nashua as the car is serviced.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by John View Post

                          Very true and that is why we as consumers, as for most of us our C8 iOS of the most expensive purchases we have made, do our due diligence first. As I often note we do not automatically go to the closest restaurant, the closest dentist, or hire the closest CPA, but instead we do research, ask our trusted friends, etc. I now drive buy four Chevy dealerships to get to my outstanding Corvette Tech/dealership (driving 90 miles each way to get to them).

                          Here’s a one way to start down that path:

                          https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ing-department
                          I'll be driving ~50 miles one way to the dealership I'll be getting mine serviced at, a top 25 Corvette dealership and the largest in Louisiana by far.
                          On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

                          2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

                          Comment

                          MECF_728x90_bottom

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X