MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Dealer C8 certified service list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer C8 certified service list ?

Just for fun, I drove our C8 into a nearby chevy dealer and asked the service manager if the dealership was GM certified of the C8. He said Yes. When I asked about the C8 dealer certified process, and how much the required C8 special tools package cost, he had no clue, and that was when the tap dance started. Can the forum start a list of C8 certified C8 dealers? is this a good idea? Your thoughts.

3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

The answer to your question as to tools is that a dealership can not work on nor sell a C8 unless they have purchased the C8 specific tool package (total cost of $1,454).

Interesting to review them one by one. The most expensive one, a tool we expected to be on it, is a specialized “transmission support/service feature” (a cradling jack @ $441), e.g., a DCT transaxle is a costly piece. Then there is a manual park release wrench at $331; also required for such work is the $57 “support mount transmission table.” Another major one is the $200 “engine support fixture adapter.” All of these things we are not surprised to see for servicing a mid engine vehicle.

The rest are 10 more minor tools costing a total of less than $400 collectively.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I believe I saw something on Chevy website where you can type in your zip and get a list of certified dealers in your area. How accurate it is I don’t know.
      Mesa, AZ.
      AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM (via ACS Composite), 5ZC, FE4, RCC

Comment

Thanks AZ Desert Dog. We appreciate that reminder, and here is the link you were referring to:

https://www.chevrolet.com/certified-...dealer-locator

HOWEVER, even when I type in dealers I positively know are Corvette certified, it does not come up with them on that list. So, FWIW.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I thought that a C8 certified dealer had to send 2 people to Spring Mountain. Did that change? Also, for me, its not the cost of the tool package that the C8 dealers must have , but if they purchased it.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
            I thought that a C8 certified dealer had to send 2 people to Spring Mountain. Did that change? Also, for me, its not the cost of the tool package that the C8 dealers must have , but if they purchased it.
            The Spring Mountain training was delayed because of Coronavirus. I'm not sure if it's started up again or not, but a lot of dealers weren't able to get training before they started delivering them.

The other issue with this requirement is that a dealer might have a trained C8 mechanic today, but if he quits tomorrow there's really no way for GM to know. Or for the consumer.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X