MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

GM’s Response Z51 C8 Brake Duct Installation During PDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C8V8 View Post
    So my next question is now that I am 900 miles away from Kerbeck and I don't intend on tracking it do I push to have the install done locally on my dime or feel comfortable with the amount of air that is getting to the front and back brakes as is. I'm seeking local dealer input but don't feel confident with the inventory that they have seen they will have a lot of knowledge on the matter.
    Well I’m 3000 mikes away and it annoys me that GM paid them for the PDI but they didn’t complete it and now I’m going to have to pay a local dealer to do it and I’m sure they’re not going to cut me any deals here plus the hassle factor of having to deal with it!

Comment

In my case I have reached out to my local service manager and I believe they will do the install for free being there has been some confusion on this. It's a bit of a hassle for me but I feel that It should be easy to remedy at my next service visit. I don't feel its a life or death fix currently being that the front pieces are really just covering the control arms. I believe air is currently circulated through ducts that are already installed coming through the front of the car. The back is a different story but I think that as long as I don't track it I'll be fine. Love this car though and so does my town!

Comment

Great post C8V8! I am smiling thinking of your noting that your home town is loving your C8.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckboy View Post

Well I’m 3000 mikes away and it annoys me that GM paid them for the PDI but they didn’t complete it and now I’m going to have to pay a local dealer to do it and I’m sure they’re not going to cut me any deals here plus the hassle factor of having to deal with it!
          I would not be so sure, for another member had his home dealer install them for free. I also get a supplemental (on my nickel), 500 mile oil and filter change), and might you ask them if while your car is on the rack having that done, if they would comp you the install on the lowers and uppers in the front and the uppers only in the rear.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I’m not getting a Z51 Package, so just curious, but how hard are they to install? Can you do it by just pulling the wheel off or does it have to be up on a lift and the underbody panels removed?

Comment

Video showing brake cooling duct install thanks to Morgan Crosbie. Piece of cake on a rack. This video will help judge how it might be to install them by removing a wheel.

Comment

I had rear brake ducts and front control arm covers put on today at my dealership and it took all of about 15 min.They didn't even have to take the tires off. Very easy on a lift.

Comment

Good thread. I just noticed that the rear knuckle mounted cooling ducts should have been installed (84781211 and 84781212). I'm glad it's relatively easy to get these on once it's back at the dealer for scheduled maintenance. Won't miss them during the break-in period.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X