MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Car cranked but wouldn’t start today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car cranked but wouldn’t start today

Came out of a store after driving around and car would crank but not start. Had to hit the start button to get it to stop the starter. Tried it a couple times same thing, got outside and opened trunk and hatch and closed them, tried starting with the key same result. Got in the car and played around locking and unlocking doors and then it decided to start. No check engine light, everything appears normal. When to GM today to get my “free” 2 liters of trans fluid from the my Chevy rewards. Talked to a service person who said if there isn’t a check engine light that there would be nothing he could do. I asked him if he could send something to GM stating what happened because I’m sure someone would like to know and he basically said no.
    1lt z51. Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas? Hope someone from GM reads this.....

Wow, that's too bad it happen you. Please keep us updated
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

wow, sorry for your troubles, this car is under warranty, BE POLITE, tell your dealer his dealership will get a BAD REVIEW, he will change his tune on helping resolve the issue

Comment

Computer should be able to see whats happening
        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

The car can store codes without displaying the check engine light. The CEL is used primarily for emissions related issues. Ask the service manager politely to check for codes. Or go by an Advance Auto or other auto parts store. Most of them will let you borrow a code reader, or take one out to the parking lot and check for you.

Then google the codes (if any) that it returns.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopsnpooh View Post
            Came out of a store after driving around and car would crank but not start. Had to hit the start button to get it to stop the starter. Tried it a couple times same thing, got outside and opened trunk and hatch and closed them, tried starting with the key same result. Got in the car and played around locking and unlocking doors and then it decided to start. No check engine light, everything appears normal. When to GM today to get my “free” 2 liters of trans fluid from the my Chevy rewards. Talked to a service person who said if there isn’t a check engine light that there would be nothing he could do. I asked him if he could send something to GM stating what happened because I’m sure someone would like to know and he basically said no.
            1lt z51. Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas? Hope someone from GM reads this.....
            Wow .... the Jaw-Dropping part is highlighted in Red.

I'm not sure how I would have responded ... I'm sure I would have needed a walk around the building and some cold water splashed in my face ... first.
            Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
            Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Choopsnpooh, please contact me via a private message. Thank you.

I am sorry to hear that you had that experience. I second the above posts for being polite, but as the Service Advisor would not positively respond, I would call and talk to the Service Manager and ask him/her nicely for his assistance. Best of luck in a) the Service Manager wanting to assist in the problem diagnosis, and b) your lack of starting today being the only time during your C8’s life.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hooked it up to my code scanner. Nothing stored

Comment

Make an appointment for the car for stated reason and that should professionally set something in motion concerning if codes can be checked and respectfully requesting the “what happened” info be sent to district rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopsnpooh View Post
                    Hooked it up to my code scanner. Nothing stored
                    Could be a run down battery, a defective key fob battery, a loose cable to the car’s battery and more. Please respond to my PM to you. Thank you.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Could be a run down battery, a defective key fob battery, a loose cable to the car’s battery and more. Please respond to my PM to you. Thank you.
                      Our battery is at 25% a day after we drive it. This is according the the Gm battery saver charger when we connect it. I think the Batteries are in poor shape after sitting in the QC yard at the factory and left in a discharged state. what we are seeing is typical of a battery that had been discharged to a very low state. We may just replace the battery with a AGM battery and move on. No dealer BS necessary.
                      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

I agree that some batteries may arrive at the dealership in need of a serious re-charging. I had many Tech overnight charge my battery around the PDI service.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post

Our battery is at 25% a day after we drive it. This is according the the Gm battery saver charger when we connect it. I think the Batteries are in poor shape after sitting in the QC yard at the factory and left in a discharged state. what we are seeing is typical of a battery that had been discharged to a very low state. We may just replace the battery with a AGM battery and move on. No dealer BS necessary.
                          If your going to have a maintainer/charger you may want to look into a battery conditioner/ charger/ maintainer. They read out the exact voltage of your battery and will actually recondition the plates. I have brought batteries back from the dead with these.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

If you watch Rick Conti's YouTube's, the highlight is his technician, Chuck. Chuck is a funny dude and a pretty good tech. He said something that resonated with me - these cars draw a LOT of current off the battery, even when in "standby". They don't like to sit still for long without a nice charge from the alternator, (like 20 minutes or more). I recommend everyone get a battery tender and plug it in for the first week you get your new C8, to fully charge the battery which has been sitting around for days and days. I lot of these weird computer glitches are probably due to low voltage on the computer circuit bus.

Comment

Love watching Rick Conti's you tube Chanel! Even my wife likes to watch it with me! He is a good dude, and Chuck too. I would have bought my car thru him if I would have known before going thru local dealer.
                              2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic riding on aftermarket wheels 😎

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X