MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Inaccuracy of the pdr, performance data recorder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaccuracy of the pdr, performance data recorder...

On three 0-60 runs it was off by 5 tenths, 3 tenths, then 7 tenths.

Thank you very much “bhvrdr.” Many has suspected it was not completely precise. Thank you for providing us precision and comparative data.

At the same time while the PDR results have been shown by you in comparison to dragy as not the same, no one will argue that when the auto magazines repeatedly tested the C8 and did so compared to exotics, they consistently conclude the C8 is screaming fast, e.g., 0-60 MPH time of 0.1 second faster than a $1,400,000 McLaren Senna and consistently 0.6 and 0.7 to 60 MPH faster than the newest Mustang Shelby GT 500 which has 760 HP.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and definitely mean to clarify that the absolute only thing that can be taken from this little mini test session is that the pdr is neither accurate nor reliable.

It should not be taken as a suggestion that i am somehow either displeased with my cars performance nor doubt the results of qualified independent reviewers.

The quality publications almost universally use VBOX 10hz gps loggers that have been proven over decades to be gold standards in accuracy even compared against laser timing equipment.

While my actual 0-60mph results may appear surprising to some, i wasnt surprised or disappointed at all.

I actually happened upon this anomaly with the pdr only because i was conducting extremely early baseline acceleration data.

The data i published above was with a passenger in the car so 300lbs of total passenger weight, 3/4 tank of fuel, and 88f hot and very humid conditions on an engine that only has 200 miles on it.

I also collected acceleration data without a passenger and the car has already trapped 122mph on a green engine. Thats fantastic.

Of course ill then be comparing this to data collected after the 500 mile break in to see if there is an actual performance reduction in the first 500 miles.

Then i won't really be getting usable baseline until around 1000 miles when the engine is good and worn in.

So, yes, please ignore my actual numbers for now
      Last edited by bhvrdr; 08-01-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Just for reference, the GM PDR was 5 Hz in the C7. I haven't seen any technical info for the C8.

Am I missing something? I don't see the quarter mile comparison in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          consistently 0.6 and 0.7 to 60 MPH faster than the newest Mustang Shelby GT 500 which has 760 HP.
          The C8 really is that much faster, because the Shelby can't hook up all that horsepower. I consistently see 0-60 times of 3.0 seconds in my base 1LT.
          Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by bhvrdr View Post
            Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and definitely mean to clarify that the absolute only thing that can be taken from this little mini test session is that the pdr is neither accurate nor reliable.

It should not be taken as a suggestion that i am somehow either displeased with my cars performance nor doubt the results of qualified independent reviewers.

The quality publications almost universally use VBOX 10hz gps loggers that have been proven over decades to be gold standards in accuracy even compared against laser timing equipment.

While my actual 0-60mph results may appear surprising to some, i wasnt surprised or disappointed at all.

I actually happened upon this anomaly with the pdr only because i was conducting extremely early baseline acceleration data.

The data i published above was with a passenger in the car so 300lbs of total passenger weight, 3/4 tank of fuel, and 88f hot and very humid conditions on an engine that only has 200 miles on it.

I also collected acceleration data without a passenger and the car has already trapped 122mph on a green engine. Thats fantastic.

Of course ill then be comparing this to data collected after the 500 mile break in to see if there is an actual performance reduction in the first 500 miles.

Then i won't really be getting usable baseline until around 1000 miles when the engine is good and worn in.

So, yes, please ignore my actual numbers for now
            Torque is reduced 25-30% in low gears during break-in. That will have an impact on launching.

You are launching a car with 200 miles? That seems ill-advised according to the car's engineers. (I cant watch the video posted at the moment)

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X