Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing all the Column Lock issues in 1997 and 1998 C5s

By the time I got my 1999 C5, the problem was for the most part fixed

But 126,000 C5 were Recalled from 1997 through 2004, but I never saw the problem on my Car.
    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Anyone have new info about this? Mine is still reporting the error and the dealer checked and said they will just have to look at the car. I just don't want to give it to them because I'm having too much fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
        Anyone have new info about this? Mine is still reporting the error and the dealer checked and said they will just have to look at the car. I just don't want to give it to them because I'm having too much fun with it.
        I'm still waiting for parts - it's been two weeks or so. Just take your baby in and have them looked at her. For a day of no Smurfvette, I got back to my Tacoma stick shift just so that I would remember how to heel-toe properly

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          KK87, glad at least the problem has been diagnosed. Now we all hope your wait for parts is less than feared, in fact quicker than that by far.
          Hi John, if GM engineers were reached out by dealer master tech, does it mean the problem is serious? They thought they could do the job in a few hours, and now it's no time expected...

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post

Hi John, if GM engineers were reached out by dealer master tech, does it mean the problem is serious? They thought they could do the job in a few hours, and now it's no time expected...
            That has been my experience so far. The dealer techs don't really know how to fix anything that doesn't have a TSB. Good luck getting your issues resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post

It means they are asking for help. The solution could be quickly given to your Tech by GM Engineers (our hope), or even if they do consult with the engineers, he solution could be frustratingly elusive as jackfrostpdx’s remains, now about ten days or so without full resolution.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

It means they are asking for help. The solution could be quickly given to your Tech by GM Engineers (our hope), or even if they do consult with the engineers, he solution could be frustratingly elusive as jackfrostpdx’s remains, now about ten days or so without full resolution.
                Unfortunately, things escalated quickly from just an antenna and a piece of harness - GM wanted the master tech to repair the whole frunk wiring harness, and hard-wire everything in the frunk instead of using factory connector to clear the code. And now they need to send the software for the entire car to the dealer. 2 days of diagnostics, waited three weeks for parts, and now 4 days (and counting) for repair in the first month of ownership. This stings really bad! I have escalated the matter to GM HQ, this is not confident-inspiring at all!
                Last edited by KK87; 09-16-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X