See less

FVS new iso gif rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don’t believe there will be that much space between the top of the rear wheel arch and the top of the rear fender. If it is in fact accurate, that means they compromised design to accommodate storage space. A certainly hope not.

Comment

Thank you FVS for another amazing render we can all stare at for hours upon hours

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        Not crazy about the character line on the rear fender curving around the wheel well. Reminds me of the Hyundai Excel.

To me, the side of the render just looks too busy, with too many different lines going in too many different directions. There's the side skirt at the bottom, then the curved character line on the door which just kind of dies when it hits the scoop, multiple angles on the rear scoop, the line from the bottom of the scoop hitting the side skirt right in the middle without a smooth transition, the curved line on the rear fender....

Not my favorite among the renders you've done. But I sure wish I knew how to do what you do. My photoshop skills are greatly limited.
        I exaggerate the lines and contrast a bit so we can see the details. Some of the shadows are not cleaned up and accurate. The actual lines will be less severe and more blended in the final design IMO. I don't think it is too busy, just sculpted with interesting shapes. I think if Chaz and BDS get the details correct and get better more natural lighting on the 3d renders we will see a much more lifelike car.

Take a look at the Pista rear fender below for busy lines.
        fvs
        Founding Member & Renderer Extraordinaire
        Last edited by fvs; 11-30-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
          I just don’t believe there will be that much space between the top of the rear wheel arch and the top of the rear fender. If it is in fact accurate, that means they compromised design to accommodate storage space. A certainly hope not.
          I don't think there is too much space between the wheel arch and fender top.

BTW, the rear fender of the Pista is starting to look a bit goofy to me compared to the Vette... ; )

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 vs pista copy.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	656.8 KB
ID:	17459

Comment

Wow that side view of the Pista, compared to the Corvette ME, is certainly in favor of the C8 IMO. Pista is too busy and complicated visually. I like the ME even better with a body colored scoop, which is extremely ironic when I chose both factory and several aftermarket options on my C7 to be one major yellow-n-black contrast.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm afraid, John, that this is where we do not agree. The 580 is like a women's body laying on her side in complete comfort. The ME above it, as rendered, lacks the free form flow of the lines. It is static and not, to coin a phrase, elegant.
              John
              forum co-founder & admin
              Last edited by John; 11-30-2018, 08:19 PM. Reason: Removed snake picture for two reasons (listed in later post). Thank you,.

Comment

Your opinion is always very valid!
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                  I'm afraid, John, that this is where we do not agree. The 580 is like a women's body laying on it's side in complete comfort. The ME above it, as rendered, lacks the free form flow of the lines. It is static and not, to coin a phrase, elegant.
                  (I assume you mean 488?)

The only problem with that description is that it aint getting up and moving quick! ; ) ... and I think you meant to say laying on HER side... don't want to get in trouble here... ; )

We have to remember that it is merely a rendering of unknown car details. The basic lines that we "think" are there are not bad. Not as elaborate as the 488 but they do flow IMO.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 line gif 488.gif Views:	1 Size:	418.2 KB ID:	17490

Comment

... ^ don't bring Vipers into this discussion...

Comment

My thumbs seem to be getting larger. Yes, 488 not 580 and I knew that! I agree, we are dealing with a somewhat informed guess and that does not compare with a functioning and available car. I have faith!!

Comment

I like your taste in snake photos...

Comment

Snakes make me cringe sorry.
                          2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Me likey C8 better then Ferrari
                            2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                              Snakes make me cringe sorry.
                              ...what snake !

Comment

Yeah I get it. Thanks that helps.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X