MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Smooth Finished Two-Color Engine Cover Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Finished Two-Color Engine Cover Installed

Since Corvette announced engine covers in various color options, I've wanted an engine cover that would tie my exterior and interior color scheme together within the engine bay. The issue I've had with options so far is that they have been single color options and, more importantly, they are all textured like the OEM covers rather than sanded and smooth finished.

I finally came across what I was looking for from RPI Designs and ordered one in Sebring Orange with Rapid Blue highlights to coordinate with my exterior/interior color scheme. And yes, I know not everyone likes my bold color approach, and that's okay! 🤣 Anyway, the finish work is excellent and I'm super pleased!

Now I guess I need to paint my valve covers. 🤣

That is super nice looking Jeremy... and yes the red valve covers have gotta go!
    G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

I like the idea Jeremy, looks good. RPI has some pretty nice stuff. I'm hoping they will do simple side skirts for the C8 like the ones they sell for the C7.

Comment

Real Nice Looking
        Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
        Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I like that! Unique!
          Proud owner (along with my wife) of the FIRST retail delivered C8 HTC!

Comment

Definitely 2 thumbs up
            Hoping for a 2021

Comment

Bold my friend but looks awesome...
              2020 Rapid Blue, Z51 Performance, High Wing, Carbon Flash Accents, Black Nuts, Engine Appearance Package.

Comment

Jeremy you could have described that to me all day and I would have been a serious skeptic, but dang if that doesn’t work on your car! AMAZING LOOK! Now for the valve covers.

Comment

Great choice Jeremy! Looks very sharp and different. Look forward to seeing the refinished red covers...😎
                  Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
                  Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                  Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                  blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Thanks, friends! And yes, have to paint the valve covers next.

Comment

Very clever design! I also like the smooth finish.
                      Last edited by ReddyZ06; 07-30-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                        Thanks, friends! And yes, have to paint the valve covers next.
                        That sounds like a LOT more work!
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                          Since Corvette announced engine covers in various color options, I've wanted an engine cover that would tie my exterior and interior color scheme together within the engine bay. The issue I've had with options so far is that they have been single color options and, more importantly, they are all textured like the OEM covers rather than sanded and smooth finished.

I finally came across what I was looking for from RPI Designs and ordered one in Sebring Orange with Rapid Blue highlights to coordinate with my exterior/interior color scheme. And yes, I know not everyone likes my bold color approach, and that's okay! 🤣 Anyway, the finish work is excellent and I'm super pleased!

Now I guess I need to paint my valve covers. 🤣
                          More info? Don’t see anything on their website for custom covers....
                          Last edited by brad66; 07-31-2020, 05:54 AM. Reason: No need to quote all the pics

Comment

Jeremy,

WOW! Just WOW!!!! Love the look very unique. Great photo work as always.
                            I think the shot below really ties it altogether.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D28CAEEA-E69F-4672-BA22-8335AFD4D9C6.jpeg
Views:	460
Size:	773.4 KB
ID:	173171
                            Attached Files
                            HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards.
                            Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
                            Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020

Comment

PS
                              I think the rockers in blue would really rock!
                              HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards.
                              Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
                              Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X