MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Now On With Lance Miller (Corvettes At Carlisle)

Steve Garrett introduces you to Lance Miller.  Lance is the Co-Owner of Carlisle Events, which hosts the largest Corvette show in the country— Corvettes At Carlisle. http://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/episo...-Miller-el6mbb. Corvettes at Carlisle is the only major Corvette show that took place this year.  Lance talks about how things went this year during the pandemic.  Plus, he also talks about what the show is like during a non-pandemic environment. Lance is also the owner of the 1960 #3 Corvette that won its class at Le Mans in 1960. You previously hear about this valuable car on CORVETTE TODAY in podcast #14 with Kevin Mackay, podcast #15 with Michael Brown and podcast #22 with Jan Hyde.  But in this podcast, you get the story from the owners perspective!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Miller-el6mbb
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

2021 C8 Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 C8 Pricing

Thanks to all who contributed to this being now accepted as GM’s 2021 C8 pricing (even though the official press release is lagging). Pricing looks pretty good though increases include Z51 to $5,995 (+$995), front lift to $1,995 (+$500), and $150 more for the visible carbon fiber mirror caps (to $1,245), Black Trident wheels up $200 to $2,895, and the optional Edge Red & silver engine covers up $30 to $525.

FE2 is $1,895 and red Mist is $995.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1850A178-19FD-44BE-98CD-F735AA91216D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	512.9 KB ID:	171873

Click image for larger version  Name:	FE107E44-1810-44A9-AE3A-485FAAD4FA1D.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	580.9 KB ID:	171872
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks for the information ...

I still like the Z51 Package at $950 more, but I'm beginning questioning the value of a $2k Lift System. I've gone two decades with a slammed C5 and never once caused any damaged, it's a nice to have but the value could be placed in a nicer have.

But at at this rate, by the time I even get a C8, I'll have saved enough cash during COVID on lack of work travel and vacations, so this all may still be within a reasonable budget.

Also this may change it I want to pay extra for paint.
    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Pretty sure this will be GM’s pricing strategy going forward with the C8. Try to keep the base price as accessible as possible, while making money on marked up options. I expect a similar strategy with the Z06.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I believe most of us are willing to accept the price increase. Bring on 2021 I'm ready 👍👍
        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I’ll admit, while they may be reasonable and it’s still a great value vehicle, I’m disappointed in the price increases of the options. I spent the last few months trying to talk myself into a 21 being ok when I really wanted a 20. I was just hoping to at least not pay more than I had originally planned for something I didn’t want quite as much.

Comment

It will be interesting to see with FE2 now available and Z51 going up $995, whether percentagewise Z51 orders drop a little for 2021. And with E60’s price rising 1/3, might that option also be chosen a little less???
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

IMO given how hot the C8 is these are very reasonable prices increases. I think within the next month or so the 2021’s will also be sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                Thanks for the information ...

I still like the Z51 Package at $950 more, but I'm beginning questioning the value of a $2k Lift System. I've gone two decades with a slammed C5 and never once caused any damaged, it's a nice to have but the value could be placed in a nicer have.

But at at this rate, by the time I even get a C8, I'll have saved enough cash during COVID on lack of work travel and vacations, so this all may still be within a reasonable budget.

Also this may change it I want to pay extra for paint.
                I'm disappointed that Z51 increased so much, but based upon speculation in another thread, others saw it coming. For a mostly street car, it's much harder to justify. If I felt more certain about trading up to a Z06, I would definitely pass on it. As I will likely keep the car for years, I'll probably bite the bullet and get it.

My C6 is a tiny bit lower than stock, and I scrape on my driveway. Not listening to that every time I drive the car plus clearing all the neighborhood speed bumps is worth the $2k for front lift.

So $1,500 increase if I keep my car configured as planned. A little under a 2% increase. Good luck on your decisions.
                Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb7148 View Post
                  Thanks for sharing. I believe most of us are willing to accept the price increase. Bring on 2021 I'm ready 👍👍
                  I mostly agree, but it would still be nice to get a 2021 before the 2022 is introduced 😋
                  Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                  Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Did I miss it? Looks like the high wing is not listed.
                    Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, John. With the $500 price increase on the front lift system, I've already been asked by someone waiting to order a 2021 if I regret not getting it. I have absolutely no regrets and have had no issues after 2,300 miles.

Comment

I am pleased for all that no MSRP increase but the 2021 C8 would have been sold out even if they had raised its MSRP by several thousands.
                        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                          Thanks for sharing, John. With the $500 price increase on the front lift system, I've already been asked by someone waiting to order a 2021 if I regret not getting it. I have absolutely no regrets and have had no issues after 2,300 miles.
                          All that money you saved means more money available for you to buy more gasoline to drive your C8 further. At the prices you pay in Oklahoma for gas, you could go all the way to Bowling Green and back more than 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                            Yeah, but the biggest hill in Oklahoma is only 5 inches!

I had pretty much decided that, for me, neither Z51 nor the front lift were worth it. These increases just cement that decision. For me. YMMV.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Where we live Colorado, we don’t have curb cuts to get into the driveways, making the front lift pretty important to me I would think. Anyone here have any experience with getting their C8 over a similar hump?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X