MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

A Corvette ME Already Built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Corvette ME Already Built?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_639.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	1705

It this really a Corvette ME. No, what Road & Track calls a Corvette ME rendering but already a full size, a real car you can buy now. Thanks to our Vigilance247 for finding this article, bringing it to our attention.

Originally posted by RoadandTrack
    NobleM500: A Mid-Engine Corvette Rendering Brought to Life This sure does look familiar.
    BY TRAVIS OKULSKI
    JUL 12, 2018

While many people have made rendering of what a mid-engine Corvette will look like, Noble went one step further: it built the rendering.

This car, the M500, which debuted at the Goodwood Festival of Speed today, is meant to be Noble's newest mid-engine supercar. With a 550 horsepower 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 (Read: Ford EcoBoost), light weight, and a dual clutch gearbox, it has the makings of something very special.

But I just can't unsee how mid-engine Corvette-y it looks. And that's likely because Noble, which is a rather small company, had to source some obvious parts for its cars from other companies. The tail lights are from a Citroen, but the headlights are straight off a C7 Corvette. And once you notice it, you can't un-notice it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CDB4D3BD-B28B-4940-A9C5-329E6AD075DA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	1707

See what I mean?

To me it looks like Noble went on one of many fine car websites–perhaps even this one!–saw a rendering of a mid-engine Corvette, and said "yes, that, build it. Do it before GM can."

Right now, the M500 is a concept without an interior, but the company would like to build some. Will this exist for real before we see a mid-engine Vette? We'll have to wait and see.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...ought-to-life/
    Last edited by John; 07-13-2018, 12:20 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Wow I actually like this look. I haven't much liked the other renderings we've seen tons of pics of.....but this one I do like.
    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

I like it a lot. Looks like a beautiful McLaren to me. But I am partial to Corvettes. Lacks, other than its (literally) C7’s headlights, not enough Corvette design characteristics IMO.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I like it a lot. Looks like a beautiful McLaren to me. But I am partial to Corvettes. Lacks, other than its (literally) C7’s headlights, not enough Corvette design characteristics IMO.
        I agree with you John. I actually prefer the styling of fvs’ renders as it relates to the side intake(s). I must admit though, the Noble has an interesting rear deck... exotic looking... I like it.

Comment

Here’s a great picture of the Noble’s rear deck which was found by “sunsalem.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE4F1F94-AF2C-48FB-B1C2-75C1F4FD6A4A.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1780

Comment

I am probably going to get "flamed" on here, but I really don't like this rendering and I hope it turns out to more like others that I have seen. What caught my eye is looking downward on the car in the first picture the pronounce backwards "C" that runs from the window down through the air induction scoop to the rocker area. After I noticed it on the first picture, it really just hurt my eyes in every other view that follow. I did like the styling in the rear, though. But, if I have to approach the car from the driver's door...nah! Really, if those lines are that pronounced, I suspect it would have been noticeable on some of the mules on the road.

I have seen much better.

Just my $.02.

Comment

The Corvette will be much more traditional looking than the Noble. My guess is that will could flame the Corvette ME for being “too conservative,” though on the other hand, the C7 was a massive. change from the C6. But based again on the mules, there is no way the Corvette will have massively detached “wings” like the Noble and the Ford GT does.

BTW, the cousin to the N500, the Noble 600M one can buy today, starts at around $250,000.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X