POLL: Paying For Your C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Paying For Your C8

Corvettes are a spendy item. How are you going to pay for your 2020+ mid engine?

Notes: Posts are confidential; and, please vote for the single financing method you will be “most using.

Following picture thanks to “Marshu.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	3F2F5671-F60E-4B51-81F1-A5112AFA92A5.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	16854
    Taking out a traditional car loan
    24.00%
    Leasing it
    2.00%
    Trading in my Corvette (and/or other vehicles)
    28.00%
    Selling stocks/bonds
    8.00%
    Using my Corvette savings fund and/or liquidating CD’s
    32.00%
    Borrowing against IRA/401K or similar
    0%
    Using credit cards/transfers/similar
    2.00%
    Winning the lottery
    4.00%
    Taking out a second home mortgage
    0%
    Selling some real estate
    0%
    Last edited by John; 11-25-2018, 11:53 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I'd hate to trade this in but that's what going to happen this time . The garage already has enough toys as I've heard many times & with anything else there won't be room to work on things . I do like doing that, either helping family/ friends or neighbors when asked, or maybe they just come over because I've got the most about of tools or just the beer .
    P.S. I'm in my means trying to brag , just meant that I've got a lot of tools ....
    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 11-25-2018, 12:23 PM. Reason: Wording as normal ...
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

I’m using my stacks and stacks of cash
      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Should be a multiple selection poll. I'll probably do a combination of 2 or 3 of the options.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
          Can I be your friend ? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2773.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	16862
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

I'll just go to my special closet, and pull out a few bundles.

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	16864
            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
            Spectra Grey Tridents.
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
              Bet you are surprised and have a couple of them still left over, able to be used for your Z06 or maybe even your ZORA.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                I'll just go to my special closet, and pull out a few bundles.

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	16864
                Very cool picture. Thanks Bikerjulio. I know of one person whose stacks of money were in shoeboxes, with the boxes lined up like a very small shoe store. He took most of his shoe boxes down to a Chevy dealer and traded them for a new Z06.

Robbers at our house would be very disappointed, for we have “none of the above.”

Comment

John, you left off an option for simply paying for it with available funds. No trading, selling or leasing.

Comment

Those funds have to be somewhere, e.g., your Corvette savings fund even if it is gold bullion or shoeboxes buried in your back yard.

Comment

I'm gonna trade in my C7 and cover the rest with a maturing TIP as I mentioned in another thread:

My "C8 money" is in a 10 year US Treasury Inflation Protected Note (TIP) I bought at Treasury auction in 2010. It matures Jan 2020 at which time it will turn into a Corvette C8ME. Till then I will earn interest plus the inflation rate on the Note.

I could only vote for one item so I picked the selling stocks/bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Name:	3F2F5671-F60E-4B51-81F1-A5112AFA92A5.jpeg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	16854

I was able to make a very realistic looking HD printout of that C-note so I'll run the printer for a bunch of them to cover the cost of the C8.

Comment

I got 1 year to find a rich widow. Hold my beer.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
                            I got 1 year to find a rich widow. Hold my beer.
                            Yea, it only takes one Cougar to fund a C8
                            3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Some of the female members of this forum were thinking the reverse, that you might sell your extra cars and buy a C8 for them.

I like your many year plan Boomer, and with the overage, you can buy some mods for your C8...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X