Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8’s Competition — Or At Least The Major One In Terms of Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not all that into the other new super-cars that are out there. My friends all have the latest Fcar/Lambo/Mclaren and they are great cars, but I'm not interested in any of them for me. I like the older cars (my age is showing), but want a new Corvette to drive everyday.

Comment

I just hope that no one gets impatient because of the ME being revealed later than we all were/are wishing, then regrets jumping ship the ME’s reveal day.
      2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
        I think the Caymen is a good looking car. i prefer its looks to the 911. Just so expensive when fully optioned at over $105K.

The rear of the new 911 is not good looking in my opinion.
        Thought it was a VW Bug.

Comment

I think every Porsche made in the recent past has a really ugly front end. Aside from that, for me, the value proposition just isn't there. My next door neighbor has a 911 convertible (fairly recent model, but I'm not sure which exactly). Doesn't really do much for me, and the exhaust note sounds like it belongs on a Subaru or something.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_3527.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	17067 I remember back in the day at Daytona , Sebring and Road Atlanta there was a Racing team called ...Toad Hall. Till this day the 911 still resembles a Toad Character to me ....I did own a 911SC and my wife used to call it a toad.. she said it’s from the wind in the willows...children’s book characters. Toad being one of them.
            Last edited by MikeC8; 11-27-2018, 04:48 PM.
            Red mist C8. Z51 coupe.

2023 Z06 wait list # 396 current #394 at Ciocca Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I just hope that no one gets impatient because of the ME being revealed later than we all were/are wishing, then regrets jumping ship the ME’s reveal day.

Are you thinking or hearing a later reveal date beyond Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                We are starting to see, thanks to Jalopnik, the leaked photos of the next version of the Porsche 911 (which will officially debut in a couple of weeks at the LA Auto Show.

Well, to be respectful with my comments, the newest Porsche is more of the same. Or, ho-hum...

Please share what you thinking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1513E180-78D3-4BA4-83E1-3ECF9401DF82.png
Views:	10
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	16737

Name:	DAC0D420-7B45-4BD3-9240-44C35F4AB23D.png
Views:	12
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	16738

Confused by the negatives on this Porsche? Of course it's always 'eyes of the beholder', but this is one of the most enduring automotive designs of all time. I'm a big fan of C2's, late C6's and C7...have owned several. Not planning on buying a Porsche. But to my eye this new version of their iconic success story is drop dead gorgeous.

'64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Yes it is enduring, but enduringly not attractive to me. However, the fact that you like it, well Porsche loves you for thinking that. To me, 911 looks are unappealing. But 911’s are sure loved, including for their looks, by some friends of mine (who do not like Corvette LOL).

Glad we are all offered options.
                  2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by TtiME View Post
                    Are you thinking or hearing a later reveal date beyond Detroit?
                    Nothing is yet for certain, but I am starting to read more and more comments that the ME’s reveal might not be NAIAS. Might GM we behind some of them LOL, and maybe the ME’s reveal will be at Detroit, as a total surprise — just as the Ford GT’s was a few years ago.

However, and this the one thing that is personally frustrating, is when folks then go off and say, if the ME is not revealed at NAIAS, it just proves that the ME is having development problems, is going to be delayed, and similar ****, for there is nothing related between when GM reveals the car and its initial customer production — the latter which remains on track with GM’s initial and intended schedule that was established da long time ago.

If you go elsewhere, you will already see tons of doom-and-gloom posts, one of which was posted this morning saying, the C8 development is delayed beause of testing and evelopment issues, etc. Yeah, and pigs fly.

I sure hope no one gets so frustrated that they impulse buy something else instead of hanging in a little bit longer.

We have waited six decades for a mid engine Corvette. I for one have had my deposit down for 1,400 days already, and I will wait as long as needed for its reveal.

Comment

A technological feat, no doubt, and a striking interior! Surely a vehicle worth owning for many performance fans. However, the first thing anyone sees when it drives up is a car that appears virtually the same for the last 8 versions(how many years is that)! Where is the forward thinking design team of a major automotive concern? Come on Porsche! Flex those muscles!!
                      ZORA patron, Forum Founding Member, Senior Contributor, proud owner of an early 2020 HTC and general nice guy!

Comment

Great analysis ltomn! You are so right, but when Porschestarts to see 10% of their faithful do a jump ship to the 2020+ ME Corvette, they will wake up and 911 generation afterwards, I am thinking, would be a massive looks change. However,if the ME is not what we are hoping, especially in terms of fit-n-fish, and also have great reliability, well as they say, “turn about is fair play,” and thus could some long term faithful Corvette owners move to a 2025 Porsche?

Comment

New Porsche, 443 HP, 3.5 seconds to 60 in 2WD, 3.4 seconds to 60 for the 4WD version. And yet, it looks to me, more of the same, pretty brash, as in:

Name:	ED38D3C0-A48D-459D-8ABA-4A1EF5711D3B.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	474.1 KB
ID:	17129

https://www.motor1.com/news/279465/n...che-911-debut/

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X