MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

'21 Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Djnsoxfan View Post
    For what it’s worth, I found a couple of examples of the McLaren Volcano Red with a red interior that looks similar to Adrenaline red. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Click image for larger version

Name:	2B039B64-F16D-4B5A-9FF8-DC3AA05F6796.png
Views:	620
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	163695Click image for larger version

Name:	36C8259E-276E-4362-8B5F-04196E827C01.png
Views:	617
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	163696
    Yummy
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Arousing...

verb (used with object), a·roused, a·rous·ing.

to stir to action or strong response; excite: to arouse a crowd; to arouse suspicion.
      to stimulate sexually.
      to awaken; wake up: The footsteps aroused the dog.

Optimistically hoping my car is built in 2020

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post

I think the natural interior will go nicely as well. I was in the same boat with the adrenaline red two tone interior and torch red, but if I switch to red mist, I agree that the adrenaline red will clash. Black is safe, but so hot in the open sun. Would you go with the sky gray two tone interior and red mist?
        I like John’s comment about the Natural/Black being the best choice, I agree. My issue with the Sky Cool Gray seats is that with the perforations for the venting, they look dirty. I guess I would have to see the adrenaline red with the red mist exterior, it might work just fine. I’m ordering the Tension Blue/Twilight Blue 2-tone interior with the Elkhart Lake Blue exterior and some people think that they clash, I disagree. Click image for larger version

Name:	5C2C50CE-9102-4AB1-AB49-B2601352FD3D.jpeg
Views:	440
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	164530

Comment

I edited GM's pic of the Red Mist so the shadows aren't so dark. Seen this way, I REALLY like it.

Does anyone recognize the driver?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Mist 2.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	164827
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

I’m ordering the Tension Blue/Twilight Blue 2-tone interior with the Elkhart Lake Blue exterior and some people think that they clash, I disagree. Click image for larger version  Name:	5C2C50CE-9102-4AB1-AB49-B2601352FD3D.jpeg Views:	84 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	164530
            It’s interesting how the Tension Blue interior doesn’t look aqua at all when it’s in a Rapid Blue car but when you put it in an Elkhart Lake Blue car it suddenly looks aqua or turquoise.

Click image for larger version  Name:	79EF36BE-8E8E-467D-89CB-32F4D3E374AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	164984
            Last edited by ZL-1; 07-11-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL-1 View Post

It’s interesting how the Tension Blue interior doesn’t look aqua at all when it’s in a Rapid Blue car but when you put it in an Elkhart Lake Blue car it suddenly looks aqua or turquoise.

Click image for larger version Name:	79EF36BE-8E8E-467D-89CB-32F4D3E374AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	164984
              Thanks. Nice picture of the 2 blues together, they are hard to find.

Yes, the seats certainly do look more aqua against the ELB. I still think it looks good though. The Tension blue gives the interior a different look, dare I say “exotic”, lol.

Comment

My issue with the Sky Cool Gray seats is that with the perforations for the venting, they look dirty. Click image for larger version

Name:	5C2C50CE-9102-4AB1-AB49-B2601352FD3D.jpeg
Views:	440
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	164530
                Falcon - I thought the same thing when I saw the ELB C8 in Pasco this past spring. To be fair, there's no telling how many posteriors had been seated in the seat during the display in Pasco, let alone wherever the car had been before. That said, if you like the Sky Cool Gray, and don't want that dirty/perf effect, you can select the 2 tone seats option ($395, I think) that have the black leather where the perfs are, like this:

Kelly
                2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - Expected Delivery March '21

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post

Falcon - I thought the same thing when I saw the ELB C8 in Pasco this past spring. To be fair, there's no telling how many posteriors had been seated in the seat during the display in Pasco, let alone wherever the car had been before. That said, if you like the Sky Cool Gray, and don't want that dirty/perf effect, you can select the 2 tone seats option ($395, I think) that have the black leather where the perfs are, like this:

Kelly
                  I think that is the best choice when going with the Sky Cool Gray too. I didn’t want the black seating surface here in Texas, just too hot if it’s been in the sun. That being said, the “Twilight Blue” seating surface is very dark as well, so probably not much difference. The 2-tone blue has just kind of grown on me. I’m looking forward to the somewhat wild look; flashy car, flashy interior.

Comment

I think that is the best choice when going with the Sky Cool Gray too. I didn’t want the black seating surface here in Texas, just too hot if it’s been in the sun. That being said, the “Twilight Blue” seating surface is very dark as well, so probably not much difference. The 2-tone blue has just kind of grown on me. I’m looking forward to the somewhat wild look; flashy car, flashy interior.
                    I get it... I had black vinyl in a '72 and any sunny day would have you putting the top up anytime you weren't in the car. Also, on the 2-tone blue, a buddy reminded me that if I ordered it to not forget to order the tension blue seat belts as well.

2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - Expected Delivery March '21

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post
                      Also, on the 2-tone blue, a buddy reminded me that if I ordered it to not forget to order the tension blue seat belts as well.
                      It should be automatic. From the order guide:

Seat belt color, Tension Blue
                      1 - Not available with (HUQ, HU7, HUL, HUR) Adrenaline Red interiors.
                      2 - Not available with (HU2, HUA, HUU, HZP) Adrenaline Red interiors or (HU3) Morello Red Dipped interior. Included with (HTO) Tension/Twilight Blue Dipped interior

Comment

Natural with black goes well with most colors, including reds. My current vette is that.

For red mist, I'm leaning strongly toward black with yellow stitching and yellow seat belts along with the yellow calipers to round out the accent colors. I want a bit of pop in the interior, but the AR would be too much with the red exterior.
                        Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Looks a lot like Monterey Red which I really liked until the off duty cop ran a red light Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 Monterey Red 3.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	165329

Comment

Oh that is such a sad sight. We are so sorry this happened to your beautiful C6, just hoping there were not even minor injuries!
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This color looks a lot more stunning that I thought it would. The car looks almost metal plated, like red anodized aluminum, and really shows off the lines. Very modern looking, too.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                                Oh that is such a sad sight. We are so sorry this happened to your beautiful C6, just hoping there were not even minor injuries!
                                No injuries at all thankfully. Off duty cop had his child in the car but all were all right. Worked out good for me as insurance bought me my first Z06, a 2008 Crystal Red (another great color) 427 Wil Cooksey Edition.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X