MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

'21 Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candy colors ar easily acheived these days.
    Kandy brandywine would be nice.
    C8er

Comment

Originally posted by C8Jake View Post
      Click image for larger version Name:	2021-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Coupe-Convertible.jpg Views:	0 Size:	337.2 KB ID:	163281Click image for larger version Name:	img_2172_94ec65a21deec4854166f665cbfc2967f8ad88ae.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.2 KB ID:	163282
      Awesome!...I have Blade on order,..but I'll take either one of those..if it comes down to it.!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post
        This color looks great on my phone but sorta orangish on my laptop. I guess I need to calibrate somehow. 😲😲☹☹

Those of you who are familiar with Mazdas' Soul Red, does it look similar to you? I'm pretty fond of the Mazda Soul Red:-)

Thanks!
        Mark
        I was thinking the exact same thing. On my computer it looks almost like there is a slight hint of tangerine orange in the paint hue/ color. ??? I will have to see some photos in different lighting conditions to see how the new Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat looks like.
        Marc

Comment

I likey.....a lot! Maybe a color choice change in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post
            I was thinking the exact same thing. On my computer it looks almost like there is a slight hint of tangerine orange in the paint hue/ color. ??? I will have to see some photos in different lighting conditions to see how the new Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat looks like.
            On my phone I don't get that orange at all, it's a nice pure red on my Note 9. I think we simply need more picture samples and I hope we get those soon:-)
            Imaginary 2021 Red Mist (probably) HTC. 3LT but maybe only need 2LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Natural probably... Z51 most likely... Standard wheels and Front Lift for sure! So who knows what we'll order:-)

Comment

I think we simply need more picture samples and I hope we get those soon:-)
              Summed up nicely. Paint like this (and Zeus Bronze) needs to be seen in person. You cannot trust an internet image by the time it reaches your eye*****.

Having said that, I suspect this will be more popular that the outgoing LBR - and find more traction with younger buyers.
              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Speaking with Harlan at the Bash a few years ago I brought up the PPG Andaro process that Mazda uses for their Soul Red. The tiny metallic bits are disc shaped and by spraying the mid coat very thin the discs lay out flat and look almost like a plated surface. In this pic of Red Mist it looks really vibrant much like Soul Red.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL-1 View Post
                  Speaking with Harlan at the Bash a few years ago I brought up the PPG Andaro process that Mazda uses for their Soul Red. The tiny metallic bits are disc shaped and by spraying the mid coat very thin the discs lay out flat and look almost like a plated surface. In this pic of Red Mist it looks really vibrant much like Soul Red.
                  Awesome you talked about that with him, maybe you planted the seed! It was so frustrating seeing a Mazda everywhere with such a yummy color, and thinking why can't Corvette do a color like this! That picture sure looks like it answers my wishes, and maybe it will be even better than Soul Red in person, who knows, but it certainly is up there. Yet another sign that the Corvette team is really on the ball.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=163201&amp;d=1594216648.png
Views:	513
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	163415
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	red-tesla-roadster-palo-alto-hq-14-e1518767510106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	844.2 KB ID:	163411

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05091-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.5 KB ID:	163412
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	3o2u77bwm2h31.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	163413
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by z8ra; 07-08-2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Now that I see this Red Mist, and the fact that wireless CarPlay will be available for 2021, I am really glad I waited. This color really shows off the lines of the car, looks very exotic (like the McLaren), and looks like it might be a winner with black top and nacelles on the HTC. I am not normally a fan of black wheels, but those look really sharp with the Red Mist. Now my dilemma will be which interior color to choose. I was really looking forward to the adrenaline red with black inserts on the seats, but I am afraid the reds will clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Djnsoxfan View Post
                      I was really looking forward to the adrenaline red with black inserts on the seats, but I am afraid the reds will clash.
                      With Adrenaline Red I was thinking that the reds might clash as well. It would probably look good with the Morello dipped interior. The Morello dipped is just a little too much Morello for my taste. And it requires 3LT interior, not everyone wants to spend that much cash.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

With Adrenaline Red I was thinking that the reds might clash as well. It would probably look good with the Morello dipped interior. The Morello dipped is just a little too much Morello for my taste. And it requires 3LT interior, not everyone wants to spend that much cash.
                        I think the natural interior will go nicely as well. I was in the same boat with the adrenaline red two tone interior and torch red, but if I switch to red mist, I agree that the adrenaline red will clash. Black is safe, but so hot in the open sun. Would you go with the sky gray two tone interior and red mist?

Comment

If me, especially with already the number of comments that the dipped natural interior has two much top of dash glare, I would go with the combo black and natural interior with the Red Mist. I think it is stunning in its own right, and avoids the dash glare issue.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            If me, especially with already the number of comments that the dipped natural interior has two much top of dash glare, I would go with the combo black and natural interior with the Red Mist. I think it is stunning in its own right, and avoids the dash glare issue.
                            Red Mist with the standard natural interior is exactly what I would get, and before anyone makes an “old man spec” joke cut me a break, I only just turned 30

Comment

For what it’s worth, I found a couple of examples of the McLaren Volcano Red with a red interior that looks similar to Adrenaline red. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Click image for larger version

Name:	2B039B64-F16D-4B5A-9FF8-DC3AA05F6796.png
Views:	620
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	163695Click image for larger version

Name:	36C8259E-276E-4362-8B5F-04196E827C01.png
Views:	617
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	163696

Comment

Originally posted by C8Jake View Post
                                Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (98).png Views:	249 Size:	188.9 KB ID:	163201

Picture credit: Car and Driver
                                False advertising: Those are not the actual wheel gaps........
                                Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X