MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

March allocation HTC production dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think everyone at 3000 and above status would get a firm build commit by next week. I can't image they will not ALL be built. Can you see orders for 2021's start getting populated within the next few weeks and then someone finds out in Late Sep/Oct that their 2020 is not going to be built. Putting them 3 months behind of already allocated cars, that would be a disaster.
    Current Vette: 2015 Stingray - Past Vettes: 1970,80,87,92,94,97, & 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
      My guess is that, with a little searching, a buyer looking for a '21 can still find one.
      Yes, if you need help go to our forum dealers for in checking with them, close to all still have some 2021’s they will be able to deliver to you.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Ed View Post
        You would think everyone at 3000 and above status would get a firm build commit by next week. I can't image they will not ALL be built. Can you see orders for 2021's start getting populated within the next few weeks and then someone finds out in Late Sep/Oct that their 2020 is not going to be built. Putting them 3 months behind of already allocated cars, that would be a disaster.
        I am in that boat...and have that very question myself, I am about to get ahold of my guy....my dealer has 2 guys that their only job is Corvette Sales....I have had the ability to actually look at their list and how its set up, HOWEVER, I will be asking the very question you just ask and get an answer as to how they intend to deal with that very situation if/when it happens. BECAUSE....if a Second shift never happens because of suppliers not being to keep up with 2 shifts, and GM doesn't run the 2020MY into late January (which is what it would take) there could very well have as many as 6000 or so people that are currently as 3000 have their orders canceled and have to reorder a 2021....or bail altogether! which I could see some people doing.
        Rapid Blue, 3LT, Tension/Twilight Blue Interior, 5 Trident-spoke Spectra Gray Wheels, Front lift with memory, and Performance exhaust.

Comment

well I just got off the phone.....and he confirmed with me how ANY situation that could arise how its handled....at least at their dealertship. so no matter how it turns out, 2020 or 2021 late in the game.....I am good. 👍
          Rapid Blue, 3LT, Tension/Twilight Blue Interior, 5 Trident-spoke Spectra Gray Wheels, Front lift with memory, and Performance exhaust.

Comment

Just because 2021 ordering is about to begin doesn't mean they will get a TPW or move ahead of anyone currently at 3000. If the worst happens GM will bend over backwards to get you a C8.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

well...IF GM decides that ALL 2020 3000 status cars WILL be built....and a second shift never happens.....BGA continues to build MY2020 , BGA takes there normal 2 wk. shutdown at Christmas, never works any Saturdays.....the MY2020 would end at the end of the second week of Feburary of next year.......OK.....I'm really sorry....but that has as much of a chance as this happening. lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	pigs fly.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	170271
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Ed View Post
                I wish I could be as positive as you. I put a deposit down 2 weeks after the reveal. My TPW for my HTC is 10/26. I still can’t figure out how it can be so late. But with the 2021s starting in November, I’m not sure I will get a 2020, especially given the way the pandemic is going. If we get that second wave or states can’t flatten their first wave, there’s a good chance production may be halted again. And that’s not even counting keeping the parts supplies moving.
                Sadly, I’m hoping for the best, but being realistic, I’m expecting a real disappointment.
                HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20;and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nuke View Post
                  well...IF GM decides that ALL 2020 3000 status cars WILL be built....and a second shift never happens.....BGA continues to build MY2020 , BGA takes there normal 2 wk. shutdown at Christmas, never works any Saturdays.....the MY2020 would end at the end of the second week of Feburary of next year.......OK.....I'm really sorry....but that has as much of a chance as this happening. lol

Click image for larger version Name:	pigs fly.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	170271
                  I never said it would be a 2020.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                  Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                  3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X