See less

March allocation HTC production dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March allocation HTC production dates?

Like a lot of others, I sit around trying to figure out when I MIGHT receive my March allocation MY 2020 HTC. I placed my deposit Aug 17, 2019, submitted my workbench order March 13 and went 3000 either 3/16 or 3/17. Of course, no TPW as of this date. So, here's my best guess at what might be most feasible. This is totally open for corrections, additions, subtractions, and criticism (just don't be too harsh).

First, more than a few assumptions....(WAG).......
    There will be no Covid shutdown at BG (Remember these are assumptions!)
    Parts suppliers will be reliable and on time
    The HTC SORP will be August 3
    There are approximately 3400 HTCs (based on 17% MY2020 total production)
    The pre-March allocations number about 1700 HTCs (Since the March allocation is estimated at 10000 MY2020)
    The March HTC allocation is approximately 1700
    There will be a second shift
    Approximately 177 cars built per day
    There are about 70 build days until Nov 2 week (14 build weeks)
    There will be about 49 HTCs built per day (roughly 28% of remaining production, about 12000 as of Aug 3)
    The pre-March allocations will most likely be sequenced first
    It will take 35 build days (7 weeks) to complete the pre-March allocations (basically the end of Sept)
    The March allocations will start the last week of September and complete by end of Nov 2 week

So, based on the above, my TPW will probably be between late Sept and early Nov. Then, of course, the delivery time via truck and rail.

The question remains...where does "your" March allocation sit within those last 2 months of production?

It will be interesting when the TPWs for the HTCs start being released for the March allocation. Hopefully someone will be hearing something soon.

I had a March allocation for my coupe and I have estimated the same time frame. Due to the size of the March allocation there will be several built in mid-late September...at least by my by estimations. How they choose to build them, coupe or HTC, that I have no idea.

Comment

Some darn good What-if-ing thee! I like it!
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidm View Post
        late Sept > early Nov
        ...congrats 😐

Comment

Jjdavidm , could you tell me who your dealer is since you put a deposit down in August 19 , and I the first week of September. I’m just trying to get an guesstimate of where I might stand in future allocations. I know it varies from dealer to dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcello530 View Post
            Jjdavidm , could you tell me who your dealer is since you put a deposit down in August 19 , and I the first week of September. I’m just trying to get an guesstimate of where I might stand in future allocations. I know it varies from dealer to dealer.
            It's more important when you went to 3000.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I’m a March allocation, so I’m assuming a Halloween birth. My baby C8 should be delivered in about four to five months. That’s what I’m going with! Just hoping the doctors are wrong and it’s an early birth!
              Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
              Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
              Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Marcello530...Murray20c 8 is right. It's more important when you went 3000 than when you made your deposit. Some members made their deposit after I made mine and they are beyond 3000 and I believe some are already driving a C8
                Sure, I would love to have my HTC earlier, but I've been waiting years for this and a few months more won't kill me. I only wish I had found the MECF earlier and I would have made my deposit earlier!

Comment

jdavidm & Murrary , thanks for the response. I do not even have an order in GM,s system yet. I’m still waiting for the call for my build options. I just thought I could possibly come up with a guesstimate of when that could happen based on other individuals place in line as to when deposits were placed. . If the dealer is pulling allocation in the order that deposits were placed then I might have a general idea. I know that varies from dealer to dealer. I went through this with my C7 back in 2013 so I’m familiar with the process just that now we’ve had issues to deal with that didn’t exist In 2013 and everything is getting pushed back from the original estimates of last September.
                  I know I could call the dealer , but I think my salesman probably has more than his fair share of crazy calls with all that’s going on. Just thought I could do a little looking into it on my own knowing that it’s going to be a crappy at best. I know it’s going to be a while and I will wait it out.
                  Thanks for your time and input.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                    I’m a March allocation, so I’m assuming a Halloween birth. My baby C8 should be delivered in about four to five months. That’s what I’m going with! Just hoping the doctors are wrong and it’s an early birth!
                    BIG Dave.....we are in the same boat and I am looking at my car and yours being on the line at the same time...or at least very close to one another.
                    Rapid Blue, 3LT, Tension/Twilight Blue Interior, 5 Trident-spoke Spectra Gray Wheels, Front lift with memory, and Performance exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                      Same here. Also hoping for a preemie. I have experience as my daughter was 3 mos. early.
                      HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                      Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20;and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

Marcello530....I'm at a small dealer with only 15 allocations and I was number 11. I may have been his last allocatee...if that's a word! If you have any doubts about your dealer not being able to deliver within the time-frame you need, you would be well-served to talk to one of the dealers that advertise on this site. Sounds like they have a lot of success.....not always, but a lot! Good luck!

Comment

Guys, there are evidently thousands of us who went to 3000 on or about St Patrick's Day! What I would like to know is whether any of that large group has gotten any word on when his car will be built? My guess is that it can be anywhere from Sept 1 to Nov 23-and that's a pretty good spread. When I began to realize I won't have my new car until late in the fall I decided to try to ease the pain a little. I am going to take a 3 day trip to the NCM, and have a reservation to drive THEIR C8 at the track across the street on August 4. I am hoping those laps will hold me over for a few more months. While there I can meet a few folks at the museum and get some questions answered. We can do a short tour of the museum as well-saving the big tour for delivery day.
                          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                            Guys, there are evidently thousands of us who went to 3000 on or about St Patrick's Day! What I would like to know is whether any of that large group has gotten any word on when his car will be built? My guess is that it can be anywhere from Sept 1 to Nov 23-and that's a pretty good spread. When I began to realize I won't have my new car until late in the fall I decided to try to ease the pain a little. I am going to take a 3 day trip to the NCM, and have a reservation to drive THEIR C8 at the track across the street on August 4. I am hoping those laps will hold me over for a few more months. While there I can meet a few folks at the museum and get some questions answered. We can do a short tour of the museum as well-saving the big tour for delivery day.
                            Went 3000 on March 16. I added NCM Delivery through Shane in June and was given a TPW of 10/5. Not as soon as I was hoping for but at least I have some idea.

Comment

It all seems somewhat random how they are sequencing for production. I hope they actually have a plan/reason for doing it the way they are. Some people who went 3000 in January or February are sequenced with TPWs much later than those who went 3000 in March, which has been very frustrating for them. Maybe the plant isn’t really set up to have 18,000 cars at 3000 status? All the computers see are a bunch of 3000s that need to be built. In normal times it would just be a months worth of cars from the last consensus being sequenced, in that case what order they get built isn’t as big of a deal.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X