MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

Getting Your C8 Built is Only Part of the Waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Your C8 Built is Only Part of the Waiting

My car was built on the 15th. of June and shipped 11 days later on the 26th. So I had to wait a relatively short period of time for shipping. I constantly read about others shipping nightmares here at MECF.

The car was unloaded at the dealer yesterday afternoon. I was hoping for them to do a quick PDI, and I would be able to pick it up on Thursday, the day before Independence Day is celebrated.

Spoke with the dealer this morning and they have 3 trailers full of C8s waiting to be delivered. But mine cannot be delivered because they do not have the LPO accessory red engine cover, and high wing. Chevrolet has not shipped the components to the dealer yet.

So I guess I won't be patriotically tooling around in my beautiful new American car on the Fourth of July, like I hoped for just a few days ago.

I've waited over 50 years for this Chevrolet since buying my first of many Chevrolet's, an L88 Chevelle, in 1970. I guess I just gotta wait a while longer.
    Last edited by Shepherd777; 06-30-2020, 12:11 PM.
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model 3, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
    2020 C8 - ELB coupe delivered to the dealer, awaiting LPO accessories be installed.

I was told the same thing as the High Wing has not been delivered. I did get a possibly 7/10 to 7/13
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I have heard of others in the same circumstance whose accessories arrived literally a short time thereafter so that wait was just as day or two. I know of at least one dealer who released C8’s in that circumstance to their customer with a written “IOU” for the install of these specific items at no charge when they arrive.

Perhaps you dealers would do likewise especially with the amount of time that Frenzy36 your dealer is now projecting until your item arrises. I could see holding the car if the item were a mechanical, functional item, but those that are either 100% or 95% just visual ones???
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

****, now I'm wondering if any of my options will cause a snag... The only thing that comes to mind in the Engine Appearance package (carbon fiber bits), but I've not heard of any constraints on that...

I've been tempering my expectations on being able to take delivery this week (even though the car-carrier is right now on I-65 in KY, headed to its 1st stop in Indy, per the myChevrolet app "find vehicle" feature)...
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I know of at least one dealer who released C8’s in that circumstance to their customer with a written “IOU” for the install of these specific items at no charge when they arrive.

Perhaps you dealers would do likewise especially with the amount of time that Frenzy36 your dealer is now projecting until your item arrises. I could see holding the car if the item were a mechanical, functional item, but those that are either 100% or 95% just visual ones???
          Sounds very reasonable, and certainly worth asking the dealership to do!
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I have heard of others in the same circumstance whose accessories arrived literally a short time thereafter so that wait was just as day or two. I know of at least one dealer who released C8’s in that circumstance to their customer with a written “IOU” for the install of these specific items at no charge when they arrive.

Problem with that is I live 950 miles from the dealer. I can't even make plane reservations yet. Now the country is starting to do restrictions on Florida and other places and want to do a 14 day quaranteen on travelers. I may have to pay to have the car shipped whenever it may be ready for delivery.
            I would like to have the High Wing , as I wanted all the Carbon Fiber ground Effects and as you know they scratched that. But at this point I would like this vehicle delivered and really have started to loose interest.
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-30-2020, 12:33 PM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

OMG...this is crazy!

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
                My car was built on the 15th. of June and shipped 11 days later on the 26th. So I had to wait a relatively short period of time for shipping. I constantly read about others shipping nightmares here at MECF.

The car was unloaded at the dealer yesterday afternoon. I was hoping for them to do a quick PDI, and I would be able to pick it up on Thursday, the day before Independence Day is celebrated.

Spoke with the dealer this morning and they have 3 trailers full of C8s waiting to be delivered. But mine cannot be delivered because they do not have the LPO accessory red engine cover, and high wing. Chevrolet has not shipped the components to the dealer yet.

So I guess I won't be patriotically tooling around in my beautiful new American car on the Fourth of July, like I hoped for just a few days ago.

I've waited over 50 years for this Chevrolet since buying my first of many Chevrolet's, an L88 Chevelle, in 1970. I guess I just gotta wait a while longer.
                I took delivery of mine without the high wing , it showed up 3 weeks later. I brought it back and waited while they installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

I live 950 miles from the dealer.
                  lesson learned...buy close to home 🙄

Comment

I thought all LPO accessories were delivered with (in) the car? Understandably, however, the High Wing would be too big to either fit in the trunk or frunk. Some of the optional Carbon Fiber Ground Effects would also face the same trunk/frunk issue, but the Engine Cover, floor mats, etc.???
                    GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post

I took delivery of mine without the high wing , it showed up 3 weeks later. I brought it back and waited while they installed it.
                      But at least your dealer let you take your car home when it arrived/PDI’d.

Shepherd have you talked with your dealer and tried to politely and gently convince them that as several (many most) other dealers are allowing customers to get their C8 when the PDI is finished, It’s paid for and similar, then return back later for the accessory installs, that, “pretty please,” they do likewise and set your car free!
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

But at least your dealer let you take your car home when it arrived/PDI’d.

Shepherd have you talked with your dealer and tried to politely and gently convince them that as several (many most) other dealers are allowing customers to get their C8 when the PDI is finished, It’s paid for and similar, then return back later for the accessory installs, that, “pretty please,” they do likewise and set your car free!
                        I showed up to get it and told them I will bring it back when the wing showed up , Wasent any discussions about it at all . after all of this , it would be something if they didn't let him have his car. If they tried that with me , we would be having some discussions . I was at the dealership watching it come off the truck , they weren't going to pull that junk.

Comment

I just clarified with Harlan and there is a specific method by which a dealer can release a car without those accessories being there during the PDI process as follows:

[Quote=Harlan]Dealers cannot let the customer take the car without the LPOs. Only thing that they can do is remove the items from the vin and reinvoice if they want to take the car. Supplier was down from COVID so everything is back order right now. We would not charge for parts the customer has not received.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Jake View Post
                            lesson learned...buy close to home 🙄
                            I know your reading the Forum-What don't you understand that local dealers Don't always have enough Allocation and I would never have been able to get a car ?
                            Rocket City Florida

Comment

[QUOTE=John;n160325]I just clarified with Harlan and there is a specific method by which a dealer can release a car without those accessories being there during the PDI process as follows:

Originally posted by Harlan
                              Dealers cannot let the customer take the car without the LPOs. Only thing that they can do is remove the items from the vin and reinvoice if they want to take the car. Supplier was down from COVID so everything is back order right now. We would not charge for parts the customer has not received.
                              Thanks for your help John.

My dealer is 250 miles away round trip. Not a bad trip in a C8 of course, but I'll just ping them on Thursday and see if they have any idea when the high wing will be in. The person I spoke with at the dealer this morning said he thought it would only be a few days until it arrived. They can ship me the engine cover if that's not in, and I'll install that. I'm not setup at home to install the high wing though. So again, I'll just wait a while longer. I just hope the high wing does not show up 3 weeks from now, like Lance's car.
                              Bob Sliwa
                              "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model 3, pulled up on the right......."
                              Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
                              2020 C8 - ELB coupe delivered to the dealer, awaiting LPO accessories be installed.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X