MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Current Status of 1100 and 3000 Customers (6/29/20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Status of 1100 and 3000 Customers (6/29/20)

I was unclear if only 1100 orders received the dreaded cancellation email on 6/29/20, or if some 3000 status orders also got cancelled. So I did online chat with Linda at Corvette Concierge. She stated - “I am seeing that only status 1100 will have to be resubmitted for the 2021 Corvette, status 3000 that is already accepted for production will proceed”.

Good news for me, I went 3000 in March and was afraid I’d get cut. Looks like for now, I’m still in queue.

If you haven’t seen the cancellation email that went out to status 1100 customers on 6/29/20, here it is:

Hi (customer name),

Thank you for your patience with our response! We are sorry to inform you but due to unforeseen circumstances in 2019 and 2020, Corvette production will be less than originally planned. Any MY20 Corvette preliminary orders at event code 1100 will not be produced and will need to be re-submitted as a MY21 order. Ordering for MY21 will begin on Thursday, July 30. Please schedule time with your dealer to place an order at that time. As a reminder, the base price for the 2021 model year Corvette coupe and convertible will remain the same as the 2020 model. We apologize for any inconvenience, but your dealership will be the best resource for information if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge

General Motors | Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265
    Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
    Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
    Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

GM remains committed to completing all 3000 order status this 2020 model year. This thread will help.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ering-comments
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Is GM not committed at 2000 ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
        Is GM not committed at 2000 ?
        ALL 2000 orders were moved to 3000 at the end of March
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

ALL 2000 orders were moved to 3000 at the end of March
          Oh, Thanks Murray, I now remember reading that. Having a heat stroke, 94 degrees here

Comment

Oh, Thanks Murray, I now remember reading that. Having a heat stroke, 94 degrees here
            Yes....The HEAT is on in Florida !!...

Comment

I haven't received any email from Corvette Concierge or my dealer regarding my 2020 order being cancelled, did everybody get one of these emails? I'm on their email list from previous questions, but nothing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 67C8 View Post

Yes....The HEAT is on in Florida !!...
                I hear ya I am on the Central east coast and had to do pool time today.

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post
                  I haven't received any email from Corvette Concierge or my dealer regarding my 2020 order being cancelled, did everybody get one of these emails? I'm on their email list from previous questions, but nothing so far.
                  I have an order in 1100 Status and I received nothing. Would the Concierge email straight to customers though? I'm not certain of the amount of CUSTOMER DETAIL that's in the "Workbench". I would have thought we would receive something from our dealer though. For some reason I was under the impression the order in the workbench system contained dealer and car info, not so much customer info. But what do I know:-) I'm a newbie:-)

Comment

And I thought 32c (89.5f) was hot! I feel a lot cooler now!
                    It took me weeks to get that info from the forum members that knew, that 2000's moved to 3000 in one swell foop!
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

I have an order in 1100 Status and I received nothing. Would the Concierge email straight to customers though? I'm not certain of the amount of CUSTOMER DETAIL that's in the "Workbench". I would have thought we would receive something from our dealer though. For some reason I was under the impression the order in the workbench system contained dealer and car info, not so much customer info. But what do I know:-) I'm a newbie:-)
                      I don't know either,but it's frustrating not getting any info from my dealer on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

The dealers were JUST told that for sure today, so you can be patient or call your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

And I thought 32c (89.5f) was hot! I feel a lot cooler now!
                          It took me weeks to get that info from the forum members that knew, that 2000's moved to 3000 in one swell foop!
                          I heard that from MacMulkin back when they placed there last big order. Murray why are all those trucks going past your house on their way to Kansas City right past St. Louis ? . You'd think they slip your car on there. If they get down to a partial load to KC, I am sure they will slip you car on.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
                            I was unclear if only 1100 orders received the dreaded cancellation email on 6/29/20, or if some 3000 status orders also got cancelled. So I did online chat with Linda at Corvette Concierge. She stated - “I am seeing that only status 1100 will have to be resubmitted for the 2021 Corvette, status 3000 that is already accepted for production will proceed”.

Good news for me, I went 3000 in March and was afraid I’d get cut. Looks like for now, I’m still in queue.

If you haven’t seen the cancellation email that went out to status 1100 customers on 6/29/20, here it is:

Hi (customer name),

Thank you for your patience with our response! We are sorry to inform you but due to unforeseen circumstances in 2019 and 2020, Corvette production will be less than originally planned. Any MY20 Corvette preliminary orders at event code 1100 will not be produced and will need to be re-submitted as a MY21 order. Ordering for MY21 will begin on Thursday, July 30. Please schedule time with your dealer to place an order at that time. As a reminder, the base price for the 2021 model year Corvette coupe and convertible will remain the same as the 2020 model. We apologize for any inconvenience, but your dealership will be the best resource for information if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge

General Motors | Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265
                            I JUST GOT OFF OF THE CORVETTE CONTI website and he has THE MARCH, OR GROUP 5 ALLOCATIONS for MY2020 showing some E.T.A. (ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL) FOR NOVEMBER 10th 2020.................

Comment

The use of all caps is really annoying.
                              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X