MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Tuesday June 30 shipments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

I am one that's waiting and watching. They, Cooper will not leave the plant with 9 cars on a truck so some will wait just cause of logistics to similar areas. I was built last Monday and it hurts to see cars built on Friday already leaving plant on palsapp.
    I am waiting and watching as well. Mine was built 6/11 and was finally assigned a load number on Friday 6/26. It is going to KC and then by train to Los Angeles. It is the only shipment from last week still showing as pending. There was even a shipment from today (Tuesday) going to KC that has already been assigned. I don't know why mine would still be pending. After it gets assigned and delivered to the rail yard in KC I will still have to wait for days maybe even a week or so for it to get to LA. Very frustrating......

Comment

Eight more loads from today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-30B.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	334.5 KB
ID:	160263

Comment

22 loads today, better than half dispatched at the time of this post. VIN's as high as 4400 were either pending or dispatched. Obviously with the QCH program, there was a lot of cars to ship with some early VIN's caught in the logjam! Transportation logistics, however, plays a huge role in where and when C8's get shipped. Hopefully by this weekend, a vast majority of cars will have been shipped and newly produced C8's will be on the road, sooner rather than later, to their anxious new owners!
        GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Four more for today:

Name:	6-30 C.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	160277

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Mc View Post

I am waiting and watching as well. Mine was built 6/11 and was finally assigned a load number on Friday 6/26. It is going to KC and then by train to Los Angeles. It is the only shipment from last week still showing as pending. There was even a shipment from today (Tuesday) going to KC that has already been assigned. I don't know why mine would still be pending. After it gets assigned and delivered to the rail yard in KC I will still have to wait for days maybe even a week or so for it to get to LA. Very frustrating......
            The reason it has been assigned and has not left is as they put these loads together the drivers / tractors assigned to them are not back from a previous load delivery. I am seeing a lot of rail yard deliveries which are short runs. 6 1/2 hours to Toledo Yard and a 8 Hour run to the Kansas City Run. They are clearing these uo first as the other runs will take longer and it is piece meal to different dealers. I did see One truck to Classic Chevy in texas and on another load two more cars to Classic today so they are getting 12 cars at once. 10 last week to Bomnin in Miami and if they have an open load I MAY get mine to a small dealer near Orlando. I bought from MacMulkin but I am now seeing issue with a Courtesy delivery to a small dealer.

Comment

The reason it has been assigned and has not left is as they put these loads together the drivers / tractors assigned to them are not back from a previous load delivery. I am seeing a lot of rail yard deliveries which are short runs. 6 1/2 hours to Toledo Yard and a 8 Hour run to the Kansas City Run. They are clearing these uo first as the other runs will take longer and it is piece meal to different dealers. I did see One truck to Classic Chevy in texas and on another load two more cars to Classic today so they are getting 12 cars at once. 10 last week to Bomnin in Miami and if they have an open load I MAY get mine to a small dealer near Orlando. I bought from MacMulkin but I am now seeing issue with a Courtesy delivery to a small dealer.
              Mine is headed to the KC rail yard to and has been pending since Friday 6/26. There was 1 KC load on 6/29 which was dispatched today. There were 5 KC loads today and 3 of the 5 were dispatched today but mine from Friday still has not been dispatched.
              I called Jack Cooper and they would not give me any info and referred me back to Corvette Concierge. I called my dealer but my salesman is off today. So then I called Concierge and they said I am at 4000 = "Available to Ship" and they were still waiting on final testing for it to be released. I said so "Available to ship" really doesn't mean available to ship? She said she wasn't sure. I then told her my dealer called Friday and was told it was already shipped. She then said she could only tell me what was appearing on her screen. Sheesh!!

Just checked again I am finally dispatched!!!!!!! Yes! Feels like I won the lottery!
              Last edited by Charles Mc; 06-30-2020, 06:10 PM. Reason: Update: I was just dispatched

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Mc View Post

Mine is headed to the KC rail yard to and has been pending since Friday 6/26. There was 1 KC load on 6/29 which was dispatched today. There were 5 KC loads today and 3 of the 5 were dispatched today but mine from Friday still has not been dispatched.
                I called Jack Cooper and they would not give me any info and referred me back to Corvette Concierge. I called my dealer but my salesman is off today. So then I called Concierge and they said I am at 4000 = "Available to Ship" and they were still waiting on final testing for it to be released. I said so "Available to ship" really doesn't mean available to ship? She said she wasn't sure. I then told her my dealer called Friday and was told it was already shipped. She then said she could only tell me what was appearing on her screen. Sheesh!!

Just checked again I am finally dispatched!!!!!!! Yes! Feels like I won the lottery!
                Hang in there. Calling Jack Cooper was probably not a good idea. They are not contracted or obligated to us or the dealers. Until you take delivery of the car it is not really your car. Technically But I certainly understand your frustration. I am seeing for the most part that on average from the time a car is assigned to a carrier until it is dispatched is two business days. You fit in that ball park. It's on it's way so sit tight.

Comment

Originally posted by 427racing View Post

Name:	Screenshot (20).png
Views:	344
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1601712 more loads leaving BG today. Time and date on the top.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (19).png Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	160162
                  That could be my car, it left the factory today. My sales manager made some calls and put a rush on the order, he arranged for his regular driver to pick up the load Thursday if it hadn't left before then. Then within a couple of hours, a driver was assigned. I can't say enough good stuff about my dealer.
                  Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                    Good news - my truck was dispatched, and the myChevrolet app shows my C8 on the truck headed North on I-65 in Oakland KY.

Since I'm in Northern Indiana (just 5.5 hours away), and based on the load there should be just one stop before mine, I may yet be able to take delivery this week.
                    How did you locate your car?
                    Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Hang in there. Calling Jack Cooper was probably not a good idea. They are not contracted or obligated to us or the dealers. Until you take delivery of the car it is not really your car. Technically But I certainly understand your frustration. I am seeing for the most part that on average from the time a car is assigned to a carrier until it is dispatched is two business days. You fit in that ball park. It's on it's way so sit tight.
                      I would not have even thought to call but I remembered another forum member had posted yesterday that he had called them which was how we learned that "pending" meant waiting for a driver. Anyway now that it is finally on the way I feel very relieved. I hope your car is on the way very soon as well. At the rate they are shipping the they should make considerable progress clearing the backlog this week before the plant re-opens. Best of luck to you my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

How did you locate your car?
                        You set up an account on chevrolet.com if you don't already have one. Then have your dealer activate the Onstar. Then you download the mychevrolet App on your phone and then you can use Vehicle Locate and it will show you the location of your car on a map. I have heard some dealers are reluctant to do it but mine asked if I wanted to do it which I did. Pretty colo. Downside is it starts the clock ticking on your free 3 months service.

Comment

Reading all these updates definitely helps the wandering mind. Very frustrating to know that Vin#1G1Y72D40L5102745 has been sitting for weeks since (May 29th) in pending mode just waiting to hop on a truck and head towards Louisiana. Too bad the trucks that were headed to La. on Sunday couldn't fit just 1 more little Red Vette.

Comment

I have been checking Jack Cooper all day and finally my car says dispatched June 30th

Comment

Thanks, that actually gives me alittle hope. I was told mine would be shipping/expected to arrive on June 4th(ha-ha) and to think I actually believed it. Lol. And I thought the wait was long in 2013. Funny, I remember it like it was yesterday how everyone was having anxiety. I suppose I'll get it before it's a year old lol.

Comment

Btw, happy for you that you finally got a msg showing dispatched!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X