MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

(VIDEO) My Observations on C8 Understeer & Hot Lap Video from Spring Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO) My Observations on C8 Understeer & Hot Lap Video from Spring Mountain

Click image for larger version

Name:	7156EED5-95CA-4056-984A-CB0C872AC48C.jpeg
Views:	3511
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	160280

Here's a link to the article...

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...achilles-heel/

And here's the hot lap video with race car driver and instructor JJ behind the wheel. The hot lap is not the normal track demonstration lap that the instructors usually take you on. It's a full-out hot lap!

Thank you Jeremy. What fun!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You're welcome...I have several articles and videos coming about my time at Spring Mountain!

Comment

JJ sure can drive i also had him last time there.

Comment

For the people at work, can someone summarize the understeer impressions from the video?

Comment

Thanks Jeremy. I can imagine the fun and what us Corvette Buyers pay to go to Spring Mountain is a deal if you consider the wear and tear on a car, just tires alone , to be using another one's car for such exciting track time.

Comment

Clearly the base car has considerably more potential than I do. I have no need for more power.
              Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                For the people at work, can someone summarize the understeer impressions from the video?
                I didn't see any understeer issues nor did I experience understeer issues when I was driving on the track. The only time I noticed understeer was once on an over aggressive autocross run around the horseshoe.

Comment

I think when Henry Payne, the Automotive Editor for the Detroit Free Press, did a U-Tube video of his on Track impression of the C8, spoke volumes for the neutral handling of the C8 at speed. Henry is an experienced vintage Porsche race car driver. Understeer, or oversteer for that matter, can many times be attributed to Papa Tango (pilot technique in aviator terms) as much as it is to vehicle dynamics!!
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

I didn't see any understeer issues nor did I experience understeer issues when I was driving on the track. The only time I noticed understeer was once on an over aggressive autocross run around the horseshoe.
                    Did the car have a "track" alignment or GM-recommended specs?
                    LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; 5ZZ LPO High Wing Spoiler; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

Did the car have a "track" alignment or GM-recommended specs?
                      Yes, Spring Mountain sets all of their track cars to GM-recommended track specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

Yes, Spring Mountain sets all of their track cars to GM-recommended track specifications.
                        So you can dial up anything you want, right?
                        LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; 5ZZ LPO High Wing Spoiler; T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

So you can dial up anything you want, right?
                          I'm not sure what you're asking...

Comment

Did they tell you guys to do trail braking, or do you know if JJ was using that technique in the video?
                            Optimistically hoping my car is built in 2020

Comment

I’m sure JJ, with his experience, was using trail braking on almost every, if not every, corner. Trail braking is not something you are going to master in the two day Spring Mountain exercise!! Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my C7 Spring Mountain experience. You are not, however, going to immediately become Jimmy Clark upon your 2-day graduation!
                              GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X