MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Protruding Screws Behind Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DAC030DF-DDA5-485B-9815-7382B95B554E.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	160219Ace hardware fifteen cents
    Is that a bike tire valve cap? My eyes aren't too good.

Mark

- Just when you think you can't dig your hole any deeper, they throw the shovel in at you -

Comment

Put a cap on it and its done. Couldnt complain that gm left the cap off at a 60 grand msrp...

weird but hey...what are you gojng to do...

must be some weird oversight..

I'm sure itll be corrected..and if not an easy fix afterward.
      Last edited by JB; 06-30-2020, 02:47 PM.
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by khanmark View Post

Is that a bike tire valve cap? My eyes aren't too good.
        No it’s a plastic similar to what you find on the top of driveway reflectors etc...it has about a three sixteenths dia....just screw it over the threads...these come in many sizes...so take a few out to your car and see what fits...
        3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

They're not screws. They're studs to locate the carpet and keep it from shifting. If it bugs you a $0.01 vacuum cap will cover it up.
          2020 C8 @ 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION - 7/20 TPW
          Rapid Blue with Sky Cool Grey seats
          1LT, Z51, Nav/PDR, MSRC, silver wheels,
          red calipers, chrome emblems, silver engine cover

Comment

Originally posted by RapidC84B View Post
            They're not screws. They're studs to locate the carpet and keep it from shifting. If it bugs you a $0.01 vacuum cap will cover it up.
            The stud is threaded hence the term screw the plastic over the threads....
            3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

The stud is threaded hence the term screw the plastic over the threads....
              A screw is tapered to a point. A bolt/stud is not a screw.

Comment

Alright, would you studs quit screwing around and put a cover over it before it produces unforeseen consequences.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Lol...I give up...

Comment

Lol...I give up...
                    I wasn't responding to you... I was responding to the question asking if they were sheet metal screws.

Are these actually sheet metal screws or are they the M6x1.00 studs that were mentioned in a different topic?
                    Sheet metal screws have a very sharp point, studs have a blunt end.
                    If they are actually studs, a metric cap nut will do the job or a rubber/plastic cap would work just as well.
                    If they are screws, a zip cut will remove them quickly.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X