MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

Protruding Screws Behind Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protruding Screws Behind Seats

Has anybody seen the black sheet metal screws protruding upward Behind our seats? They are literally poking up from the floor. If you didn’t see them you could do some damage to your hand. I have them on vin 690 and my buddy on vin 1970
    thanks! Jim

GM was made aware of that issue, but possibly after your vehicles were produced. Just cut them off. Or have your dealer cut them off. One of the benefits of getting an early production number car. At least that's minor.
    I'm still trying to figure out what people are doing putting their hands under the seat that far back ?
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-29-2020, 05:08 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

This is not something unique to early made C8’s, but part of the assembly process and will remain. Working around cars is never without some risk, but thanks to Jimsue8, we will now reach back there with caution.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I agree ...Never been back there ..probably never will...doesn't bother me if there even there ..I have no reason to go behind the seats ...because there is nothing there and no space based on my 6'4" seat positioning....Its all the way back.

Comment

So you never move your seat ahead to clean? Sorry I asked the question. Someone please remove this post!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsue8 View Post
            So you never move your seat ahead to clean? Sorry I asked the question. Someone please remove this post!
            Thank You JimSue 8 .I personally am glad you posted the post and It would be a shame to remove. I think we should keep each other informed of any issues and look out to be safe.
            Thank You

Comment

I agree with ZORA 69. Don't be sorry about your post. Every time someone posts an issue like this, it saves someone else from discovering it themselves, perhaps painfully. As for these screws, if cutting them off is worrisome, go to the local hardware store and buy plastic caps to fit over the exposed screw ends. It might save snagging your hand on the screws (or their stubs) next time you clean under the seats.

Comment

Thanks for the public service announcement. I always move my seats forward to clean behind them. Now I know to look for the screws. Plastic caps are a great idea if accessibility is difficult

Comment

I saw it reported elsewhere that these screws are used during assembly to align the carpet properly. I guess this is one of the things we have to accept in a $60K mid-engined supercar that Ferrari buyers don't worry about.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Plastic caps or a dab of bright neon (maybe yellow) nail polish on the top of the screw to make them more visible might help to avoid them if it’s a concern.
                    Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                    Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                    Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Are these actually sheet metal screws or are they the M6x1.00 studs that were mentioned in a different topic?
                      Sheet metal screws have a very sharp point, studs have a blunt end.
                      If they are actually studs, a metric cap nut will do the job or a rubber/plastic cap would work just as well.
                      If they are screws, a zip cut will remove them quickly.
                      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out what people are doing putting their hands under the seat that far back ?
                        That is the second place I look for my phone. lol Side of the seat is the first place.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAC030DF-DDA5-485B-9815-7382B95B554E.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	160219Ace hardware fifteen cents
                          3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DAC030DF-DDA5-485B-9815-7382B95B554E.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	160219Ace hardware fifteen cents
                            Perfect solution... and you can't get any cheaper than that.

Comment

What? No nut behind the wheel jokes?
                              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X