MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

60% Reduction in 2020 Allocations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by shiumai View Post

    MilesC8, what code were you at in March (or now)? I thought that all orders were submitted in March and dealers knew in mid March how many orders at 3000 they had back then for MY2020, and that no more allocations would be allotted past that date. Maybe I'm missing something, but that email seems to be 3 months late.
    I was at 1100. I'm actually pretty excited to be at the front of the 2021 list now. Pretty interested in seeing the new metallic red color.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by MilesC8 View Post

      I was at 1100. I'm actually pretty excited to be at the front of the 2021 list now. Pretty interested in seeing the new metallic red color.
      Definitely something to look forward to! 👍

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

        GM told the dealers what their expected allocations were to be. Had there not been a strike followed by the Coronavirus shutdown, those numbers would have been very accurate. Can't blame GM or the dealers for not being able to anticipate two shutdowns.

        If a dealer took deposits on a greater number of cars than the original allocation numbers they got from GM, that's one thing, and wrong. But if they took deposits on cars based on the numbers GM gave them, they weren't attempting to cheat anyone.
        I know of some dealers who once it was clear there were not getting the original number of allocations that GM estimated last September, called their customers are gave them choices. Of course re deposits, some never even took them at all until an order was actually going to be placed (and paired with an allocation).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by John View Post

          I know of some dealers who once it was clear there were not getting the original number of allocations that GM estimated last September, called their customers are gave them choices. Of course re deposits, some never even took them at all until an order was actually going to be placed (and paired with an allocation).
          There are many honorable dealers starting with our eight MECF forum dealers.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

            GM told the dealers what their expected allocations were to be. Had there not been a strike followed by the Coronavirus shutdown, those numbers would have been very accurate. Can't blame GM or the dealers for not being able to anticipate two shutdowns.

            If a dealer took deposits on a greater number of cars than the original allocation numbers they got from GM, that's one thing, and wrong. But if they took deposits on cars based on the numbers GM gave them, they weren't attempting to cheat anyone.
            I did not blame GM or the dealers , as a whole for inaccurate numbers. You are missing my point.I was referring to certain dealers and this one in question did not nor would have had the allocation as stated. And, I never used the word cheat. I fully understand that there was a strike and the virus and that this caused numbers to change..

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by John View Post
              Of course re deposits, some never even took them at all until an order was actually going to be placed (and paired with an allocation).
              My dealer didn't take a deposit until 2 months AFTER I was at 3000!

              Comment


              • #52
                So if they're going to wack off 60% of dealer allocations I just hope that it's done in chronological order for each dealer -- first up, first in. I put cash money down the first of August 2019 and was the third person on their list. This dealer said that "had" over 50 allocated for the year -- I'm interested in seeing how it will net out.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post



                  From GM's point of view, MY2021 customers have no legal standing with GM - they never consummated an order - so their "deal" was with a dealership that realistically should not have taken a deposit on any MY2021 without a price guide or a way to enter the "desirement" into the GM Workbench. The people who placed MY2020 orders with GM that did not get fulfilled, DO have standing and it is in GM's interest that they get treated well. I'm sure that will get communicated to the dealer network.
                  Really good point. I had not considered it from this angle. I put a deposit down with GM in July 2019, then selected a dealer. I went to 3000 in the March allocation, so even though GM says they plan on building all 3000s, there is no guaranty. If I don't get a 2020 I would agree that GM needs to do something about that since it would seem to me that they broke a contract. I wonder if GM is considering this when determining the build order? Hmm....
                  HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by KLZ View Post

                    Really good point. I had not considered it from this angle. I put a deposit down with GM in July 2019, then selected a dealer. I went to 3000 in the March allocation, so even though GM says they plan on building all 3000s, there is no guaranty. If I don't get a 2020 I would agree that GM needs to do something about that since it would seem to me that they broke a contract. I wonder if GM is considering this when determining the build order? Hmm....
                    I think you have discovered why GM will build all MY2020 orders at 3000 regardless of the time required. It's a helluva lot cheaper than litigation and they need the cash flow.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      What's happening now? At 4:30pm I got a call from my dealer saying that my HTC order was about to be entered into GM's production schedule. It could not be modified after today but GM was promising that it will be a 2020 model. To this point my code had never moved from 2030. When will I receive the car? GM could offer no estimate. I have specified Corvette Museum delivery. How can I possibly plan? I had five minutes to decide so I locked in the order. Now I'm having second thoughts. Will I be getting a 2020 that's already a year old out the door? I order the Z51 to get the Magnetic Selective Ride Control shocks. It looks like I could save a lot of money if I switch to a 2021. If I change my mind in the morning will my $5,000.00 deposit go up in smoke?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Brett Harrison View Post
                        What's happening now? At 4:30pm I got a call from my dealer saying that my HTC order was about to be entered into GM's production schedule. It could not be modified after today but GM was promising that it will be a 2020 model. To this point my code had never moved from 2030. When will I receive the car? GM could offer no estimate. I have specified Corvette Museum delivery. How can I possibly plan? I had five minutes to decide so I locked in the order. Now I'm having second thoughts. Will I be getting a 2020 that's already a year old out the door? I order the Z51 to get the Magnetic Selective Ride Control shocks. It looks like I could save a lot of money if I switch to a 2021. If I change my mind in the morning will my $5,000.00 deposit go up in smoke?
                        To me, the 2020 is a bit special as it's the first year of the ME. It may not be worth more until 20 - 30 years later, but it was the first of a series I'm sure will be very successful. And it's the first batch of HTC too.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Brett Harrison - If you like it and have the means pulling the trigger is acceptable. Your enjoyment of having one of the few produced for 2020 will be amazing. How you will save a lot of money if you wait for a 2021 is something that would be pure speculation on your part. If your going to keep the car and love it for many years, why wait? If you plan on selling it in a year or 2 then your probably going to loose $$ even if you never drive it. It's not an investment unless your going to cover it up and stash it for 30 years. One thing for sure is as all of us on this forum have come to a conclusion on is it is probably the best overall performance, looks, comfortable, trackable, daily driven, sport car, HTC, with one of the best sound systems and interiors you can purchase for the money. Sooooo you have got to ask yourself. Is it worth it? Well is it Brett ?
                          Rocket City Florida

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I am in the same situation, just officially notified yesterday that I will not get my 2020 but my order will be converted to 2021. Base price remains the same but I have $8000.00 in options. Will have to wait to the end of July to get my new price. It seems Tesla produced all their orders and none were cancelled. Wonder why? Oh yes they do not have a Union.
                            Going to test drive some Teslas next week while I am waiting for my new price and estimated delivery date.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by KLZ View Post

                              Really good point. I had not considered it from this angle. I put a deposit down with GM in July 2019, then selected a dealer. I went to 3000 in the March allocation, so even though GM says they plan on building all 3000s, there is no guaranty. If I don't get a 2020 I would agree that GM needs to do something about that since it would seem to me that they broke a contract. I wonder if GM is considering this when determining the build order? Hmm....
                              Are you sure you put your deposit with GM first and then selected a dealer? How did you do that? You will find that you do not have a contract with GM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                                If a dealer took deposits on a greater number of cars than the original allocation numbers they got from GM, that's one thing, and wrong. But if they took deposits on cars based on the numbers GM gave them, they weren't attempting to cheat anyone.
                                It's a minor point in the big picture, but I disagree that it's "wrong" for a Dealer to take more deposits than they have allocation for. As Mike Furman has told me personally on numerous occasions, up to 30-40% of orders will cancel due to customers double ordering, changing their minds, etc. So, it makes good business sense for a Dealership to have extra orders in place to "backfill" those that drop off. The key is to do it responsibly and honestly, letting the customer know "you are #120 on my list, and I only have 112 allocations" and set expectations accordingly. Additionally, airlines and hotels oversell their capacity all the time. Is it a debatable choice to oversell....yes; is it "wrong"....I would argue no.

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X