MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Ron Fellows Reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Fellows Reliability

I wondered if anyone has a connection to the Fellows School to see how the new cars are holding up and what issues they might have had ?

I have never heard anything to the contrary of excellence when it comes to Ron Fellows. GM is a big promoter and I am sure His school gets everything they need to maintain a first class act.

Comment

If there is any reliability information about Ron’s C8’s you can bet it’s shared with GM, not the public.
      2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
      3800 status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:30 🥳🍾
      2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

I'm booked in for November. I will be paying attention to the wear and tear on the cars for sure.

Here is hoping that Canadians can travel there by then as I am planning to roadtrip there! 2,000 miles each way!

Comment

I took the C8 Ron Fellows class last week and it was great, it is not to be missed. The cars performed very well, no issues at all. All the instructors were fantastic!!! They made for an outstanding experience.

C8 - 2LT, GS7, Z51, FE4, AE4, HU7, N26, 5ZZ, ERI, VQK

Comment

The cars at Spring Mountain are meticulously maintained and if any issues are found are fixed immediately. If there's anything systemic, I'm sure they share it with GM/Chevy, not the general public, as GM is their partner.

Comment

Originally posted by cbacejr View Post
              I took the C8 Ron Fellows class last week and it was great, it is not to be missed. The cars performed very well, no issues at all. All the instructors were fantastic!!! They made for an outstanding experience.

Did you feel you got adequate track time ?

Comment

Originally posted by kd1659 View Post

Did you feel you got adequate track time ?
                Having been there a couple of times for C7, you get plenty.

Comment

Each car only is driven for 8000 to 9000 miles before they are sold. Here in California you can purchase them from DC motors in Anaheim California.
                  Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if GM/Corvette had someone assigned to Spring Mountain to both help maintain the cars and also keep a close check on the wear and tear. That is a great proving ground for the Corvette.
                    Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

I'm doing a full review write up with videos on my C8 Owners School experience, but I can tell you that I got more seat time in the C8 than I did in the C7 school in 2017. And, the cars are doing amazingly well, actually. I have some things to say about that as well. All of their cars are CTF cars at the moment, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cbacejr View Post

Chuck, it was great meeting you! We had a blast!

Comment

We went to the Ron Fellow's program after we got our '14 C7 vert and I asked the folks there the same question about 'reliability'. The response was, it's a high performance automobile and the drive train along with the major mechanical and chassis components are virtually bullet proof. The stuff that fails is usually something like a power window, seat or mirror switch.

Owning well over a dozen new Corvettes over the years that's been my experience too.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
                            The cars at Spring Mountain are meticulously maintained and if any issues are found are fixed immediately. If there's anything systemic, I'm sure they share it with GM/Chevy, not the general public, as GM is their partner.
                            Thats why I asked if anyone had a "connection " .

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X