MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Assembly plant now on 10 hr shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post
    Both countries are great! I live next to the Canadian border and can't wait for the ability to cross back over.
    I agree with you! My wifes family is American and we have relatives on both the East and West Coast of the US. We also spend about three weeks a year on average down in our favorite place Orlando, FL. We are Disney fans (part of that cult too) So we cannot wait to get back to see our friends and family. Its been tough. I have gone too long with no Cracker Barrel. Hahaha.
    Last edited by ABC; 06-26-2020, 06:55 AM.
    Eagerly anticipating my 2020 C8 (1YC07), ELB (GS7), Z51, 2LT, GT2, J6F, E60

Comment

Will the 10 shift stay throughout heavy demand ?

will there in fact be two 10 hour shifts after return from vacation?

That would be a surprising expansion of c8 production?
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Will the 10 shift stay throughout heavy demand ?

will there in fact be two 10 hour shifts after return from vacation?

That would be a surprising expansion of c8 production?
        I'm wondering if the 10 hour shift signals there won't be a second shift any time soon. Or is it just for this week, to try to make up for the missing production next week?
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I'm wondering if the 10 hour shift signals there won't be a second shift any time soon. Or is it just for this week, to try to make up for the missing production next week?
          I was wondering the same thing..on another forum..I have read that the 2and shift is still on for their start on 7/6/20...this was in an article on Corvette Blogger...so I was thinking if that did happen,then the day shift would have no reason to work 10 hours...

Comment

Has anyone heard that 2020 production would continue thru the end of the year??...Maybe just a rumor...

Comment

The bowling green plant was shut down because of the strike. Full pay while not working which that’s ok. But somebody paid for that in loss revenue . Then COVID 19 closed down all plants again. . So now they need a summer week off. Maybe I’m old fashioned but where the heck is the work ethic these days. Don’t these workers know or realize that GM took two big hits in production and certainly profits. No way should the UAW ever consider a full week off after all the work that has been missed. Had I not got my C8 already I’d be a little teed off . These workers don’t understand that GM and us customers are their bead and butter. This whole way the UAW and it’s members work or don’t work is beyond common sense and my ability to understand in today’s environment. Heck they might be shut down again because of the out of control COVID 19 infections. Nobody knows what might happen.....but hey take more time off. Sorry for the rant .
              RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
              .VIN.1906

Comment

The 10 hour shift is temporary until 2nd shift begins, which won't be until July 13 at the earliest.

Comment

Must be too challenging to run two ten hour shifts for workers etc...and I can understand that. Two 8 hour shifts is cool.

if it were me I d run the plan on saturday and or sunday as well but then I too am from a different era ...

probably having some more time off to clean etc so all this sounds great.

at this point Im coming to terms with august and september tpw ...

control the controllables and good so many who are getting their c8 s sooner rather than later.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Anyone know what VIN there on

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                      The bowling green plant was shut down because of the strike. Full pay while not working which that’s ok. But somebody paid for that in loss revenue . Then COVID 19 closed down all plants again. . So now they need a summer week off. Maybe I’m old fashioned but where the heck is the work ethic these days. Don’t these workers know or realize that GM took two big hits in production and certainly profits. No way should the UAW ever consider a full week off after all the work that has been missed. Had I not got my C8 already I’d be a little teed off . These workers don’t understand that GM and us customers are their bead and butter. This whole way the UAW and it’s members work or don’t work is beyond common sense and my ability to understand in today’s environment. Heck they might be shut down again because of the out of control COVID 19 infections. Nobody knows what might happen.....but hey take more time off. Sorry for the rant .
                      Well, the problem here is this shutdown was already scheduled for two weeks and they dropped it to one. What about the worker bees that may have already had plans (vacation, weddings, etc.) that were scheduled way before crud hit the fan prior to all the mess? I’ll be one of the last MY2020 C8’s built but certainly understand that plans do change. I, for one, would not be changing personal plans to just have them cancelled because management says so. Work to live and not live to work has always been my motto.

Having said that, yes, I can’t wait for our new toy as it’s only that and not a necessity. But ten hours at the plant is hotter than you know what. My dad, rest his soul, put in thirty years at Fairfax in Kansas City. I was able to accomplish my dreams and do what I love doing because of he and my mom. Having him home during the two week shutdowns was awesome! So I guess my perspective is a little biased.
                      Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, Black trident wheels, black high wing spoiler, red engine cover, front lift, currently stuck at 3000 status in March.

Comment

Then there is things like Logistics. It takes tremendous planning and ramp up to achieve 7 days a week, 6 days a week at 8 hr. or at 10+ hours. They are already gearing up for the 2nd shift, but they need parts from those 400 vendors and their vendors. You don't just open another water facet to fill the tub quicker.
                        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by 67C8 View Post
                          Has anyone heard that 2020 production would continue thru the end of the year??...Maybe just a rumor...
                          GM has said 2021 production will begin in November.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                            Full pay while not working which that’s ok.
                            Source?

The UAW has more than $800 million in its strike fund. It pays striking members $250 a week, or $50 a day Monday through Friday. On Jan. 1, strike pay is set to rise to $275 a week, or $55 a day.

GM pays a week behind, therefore workers got their final full paycheck from GM on Sept. 20.
                            https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ay/3820448002/

he money is paid to workers out of the UAW's strike and defense fund, which the union typically taps during a work stoppage to ease the financial impact on members. The strike pay, however, is still a fraction of their normal take-home pay. GM's striking workers missed their third company paycheck Friday
                            https://www.wsj.com/articles/uaw-inc...rs-11570917216

The workers lost a lot during the strike, too.

GM did continue to pay for striking workers health benefits:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/b...%20an%20email.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Comment

GM plans 2 week summer shutdowns at all their plants. It’s not from the UAW . GM Uses it for maintenance, upgrades, etc.
                              They can work the shutdowns or modify it. Skilled trades always are scheduled during the shutdowns.
                              I think BG is still dealing with supplier issues and that is why they are still going down for 4 days of that first week.
                              Looks like 2nd will come on in July when suppliers are able to keep up. Don’t underestimate GM. They are good at what they do.
                              I was at GM for a long time and experienced this first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddieboyeee View Post
                                Anyone know what VIN there on
                                There into the 4000s I think...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X