MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

C8 Again High U.S Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Again High U.S Content

The C8 has a very high U.S. content, again ranking in the top ten of all vehicles sold within the country. Thanks to “theDetroitBureau” for this report.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F5FCBF69-3E73-4C45-8200-FEDB556DC2AB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	157647

Originally posted by theDetroitBureau”
    Ford Ranger Named Most “American-Made” Car, Taking Lead in New Study

Tesla lands three on list of top 10 models.

by Paul A. Eisenstein | Jun 23, 2020

The Ford Ranger is the “most American-Made” vehicle, according to the new study.

The Ford Ranger was named the most “American-Made” vehicle, nudging past the Jeep Cherokee, in the latest annual study by Cars.com.

But the 2020 American-Made Index had a new player land in its upper ranks, Tesla landing three of the top 10 models. Honda, meanwhile, was the only foreign-owned brand to make it into the top tier, all of those models produced at its plant in Lincoln, Alabama.

The American-Made Index, or AMI, “is an independent annual list that ranks the new vehicles that contribute most to the U.S. economy based on criteria ranging from U.S. factory jobs and manufacturing plants to parts sourcing.“

The latest AMI comes at a time when there is increasing focus among consumers on products that are actually made in America, the study’s authors point out, noting that their research indicates the impact a vehicle has on the U.S. economy is either a “significant” or “deciding” factor in the purchase decision for fully 70% of American car buyers.

The 10 leaders in the 2020 AMI study.

“The survey found that 37% of consumers report they are ‘more likely’ to buy an American-made car due to the current health and economic crisis, while just 4% said they were ‘less likely.’ And a whopping 26% said it was ‘unpatriotic’ to buy a non-American-made car, compared to just 18% in 2019,” a summary of the AMI findings said.

That’s something a number of manufacturers have begun to highlight lately, whether in news release or ad pitches. That includes “import” brands such as BMW – which has been highlighting the fact that it exports more American-made vehicles than any other from its plant in South Carolina – as well as Toyota and Honda, both of which operate a network of parts and assembly plants in the U.S. Honda’s Odyssey, Ridgeline and Passport models, all produced in Alabama, ranked fifth, sixth and seventh in the 2020 AMI, respectively.

The list was led, however, by the Ford Ranger that is assembled at the Motown automaker’s Wayne, Michigan plant near Detroit. The Ranger nameplate was revived during the 2019 model-year and will soon have company at the Wayne plant, Ford getting set to also revive the Bronco badge for a new SUV.

The Model 3 is one of three Tesla products on this year’s top 10 list.

In line with Cars.com research, Ford is betting it can win over consumers by appealing to their desire for truly American-made products. In May, it scrubbed its old national ad campaign in favor of a pandemic-themed pitch with a clearly patriotic tone.

“Ford chooses to invest more in America than any other automaker in part because of its rich history here. There are a lot of parallels between how the company and the country face and ultimately overcome challenges,” Ford President of the Americas Kumar Galhotra said when the campaign launched. “It’s not easy, and it’s not always comfortable, but we don’t back down. We will work hard to come back – aiming to be even stronger than before.”

Honda is the only foreign-owned brand on the top 10 list with the Odyssey and two other models built in Alabama.

The Ranger nudged out the Jeep Cherokee, built in Belvidere, Illinois, which fell to second in this year’s study.

But the two faced new competition for the Made-in-America crown. Tesla’s Model S and Model 3 battery-sedans landed in third and fourth place, while the Model X crossover was ninth.

This was the first time that Tesla participated in the project. The automaker, researchers noted, is the only one that produces all of the vehicles it sells in the U.S. at an American assembly plant.

Rounding out the top 10 list, Chevrolet had two models, the Corvette sports car assembled in Bowling Green, Kentucky in eighth, and the Colorado pickup built in Wentzville, Missouri in tenth.
    https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/202...-in-new-study/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Wow ... I can't tell you how many times I've heard Tesla is Dead ... looks to me like they're making the most out of Life Now.

That's why I'm getting another Corvette 😂

Comment

tesla is building a massive terafactory close to me here in Austin, TX. Cybertruck and model Y will be built there. They are definitely gaining some steam.

Comment

TESLA S is a great car. We have one and LOVE IT. Hope I like my C8 HTC as much.

Comment

outstanding article 👍

Comment

To me American made and American owned are two completely different subjects. My money is spent in America with companies that keep it in America.

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post
              To me American made and American owned are two completely different subjects. My money is spent in America with companies that keep it in America.
              Absolutely, we need both! I would prefer to buy a product from a U.S. based company who actually uses U.S. manufacturing and labor to make their product. Unfortunately it is often a U.S. based company but their product is actually manufactured overseas or in Mexico.

Comment

Along with my C8, like tens of thousands of others, I have a Tesla truck on retainer. If they can produce what they say I am in. If they have a legitimate truck for under $40,000 it will be a winner. Of course, the color selection is rather slim...not much red mist in that one.
                Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                  If they have a legitimate truck for under $40k it will be a winner.
                  under $40k > hard to believe 🤛

Comment

Along with my C8, like tens of thousands of others, I have a Tesla truck on retainer. If they can produce what they say I am in. If they have a legitimate truck for under $40,000 it will be a winner. Of course, the color selection is rather slim...not much red mist in that one.
                    I have a deposit in also, I went full bore though, tri-motor for the 1.9 0-60! And the self driving also. Based on my order number I am 327,300ish in line lol. So longer wait for that I suppose.
                    Noel

Comment

Look at Tesla, I know Musk takes a lot of heat for being kinda weird, but that really says something. Bringing a quality product back to our shores, built by us..thats pretty cool.

Comment

When he opens a plant in Texas it will be very interesting. Will the Texas truck crowd buy into the new cyber truck look? Wonder how many sets of golf clubs fit in the back?
                        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

with the flat body panels, vinyl wrapping should be particularly easy

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/art...-s-cybertruck/
                          Last edited by z8ra; 06-30-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

The Lordstown Endurance pickup looks interesting and so does the GM Hummer. We'll have a lot of choices soon as Rivian rolls theirs out in 2021 too. I personally like the Hummer. It'll go great with my C8 - Beauty and the Beast.

Comment

Im sure the Tesla will be a great vehicle like all their cars, but to me, there is nothing like the sound and experience of a V8 (driving a car is a visceral experience if you are a car person). I know the electrics are the future, but I cant even imagine driving a silent vehicle. For example, I wouldnt trade my V8 raptor for a newer V6 turbo even though they have better numbers. Another example; I loved the sound of the C7Rs running against the Porsches, BMWs and Ferraris. The V8s MOVED the ground with their sound, the flat plane cars and boxers (all great motors), shriek and frankly hurt my ears with the high pitch of their engines, and granted they are just as fast. I know its heresy, but Im not anxious for the Z06 to go flat plane. There is just something about the sound of an American V8...ITS IN OUR BONES.
                              Last edited by AZvrod; Yesterday, 06:48 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X