Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

2020 Buyer: Entry or Z-51 Version For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Buyer: Entry or Z-51 Version For You?

Of those of you who are probably or definitively getting a 2020 ME, what are your thoughts as to whether you are getting a Z-51?

Many of us have strong thoughts (only two of them positive posts in my memory) about the camouflaged spoiler we have seen on the Nurburgring cars. Many, including me are close to declaring that spoiler a deal breaker if there is the option of getting an entry one without one — at least if the Z-51 spoiler one de-clothed, looks essentially like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8CAAA0A4-19D8-45D0-B53F-A7BA501F4BE0.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	589.9 KB
ID:	15725

Here, for visual comparison is the obviously identical rendering with and without the spoiler.

Name:	2DF72F2B-AA47-4594-89F7-0926F4192291.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	15723

Name:	8B29C22E-0255-42C4-9551-75AB58011C64.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	15724

And one more render without a spoiler:

Name:	2E2E7DFD-1E87-4F9B-8254-B852458A47BE.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	15722

However, we know, there are many more things in addition to a rear spoiler that separates an entry version from a Z-51. Here, thanks to JerryU, are his thoughts as to what incremental components a Z51 would have.

Originally posted by JerryU
    Base with Z51 Option: Stiffer springs, large sway bar, MRC and bigger Brembo brakes will be the main changes. There will be some extra static aero parts like a splitter and larger rear spoiler.
    Based on what we know or we think we know now, and further the assumption that the entry version either comes with no spoiler at all, or like the C7, comes with a miniature, center ducktail spoiler which is essentially the HTMSL only, and the second assumption that the Z-51 option will be an additional $5K (as it was on the C7), what 2020 ME buyers, are your plans to get an entry version or to get the Z-51 version?

Or course for all to consider, we know that ACS Composite is going to give us at least one really nice, tasteful spoiler that will elegantly fit onto the entry version ME.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I do not know yet. I hope when the last of the camo is taken off the spoiler seen at the Nurburgring, it looks a lot better when revealed. If that is true, I probably would get a Z-51 version.

But if what we are now seeing looks a lot like what is revealed, I will go entry version. Then I will buy a spoiler, looking first at ACS’ one.

Comment

I like it it . It's different than the millions of spoilers that all look the same. I love the appearance much better than without. I will never track my car so appearance over function, but possibly it will be of some influence on the highway.
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I am pretty sure it gets an “outstanding” grade as far as its efficiency, and am guessing it will look a little better when we see the car as whole without any camo.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I really like the cleaner look without the tacked on wing.
          Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
          2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
          Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

Z51 for me (based on c7 specs). The adjustable suspension and exhaust note alone is worth it. Wheels. Spoiler, bigger brakes added makes it a must for me.

Comment

Z51 all day long and hopefully they have a wing delete option like some other manufacturers. If not I can remove it and fill in holes and repaint or get aftermarket wing that fits in its place. Z51 comes with to many wanted options but truly won't know till the reveal.

Comment

I'm okay with the wing, but I'd want it body color (Torch Red!). And I'd prefer Z-51 spec, with a 2LT interior (gotta have that HUD!). Anybody out there besides me hoping and praying that the base 2020 might have the Z-51 spec as standard to go along with the 500 horse engine? I know it's not the most likely thing to happen, time will tell.
                Torch Red, Z51, 2LT, Mag Ride, E60, Adrenaline Red/ Two-Tone GT2, CF goodies
                ​​​​​​

Comment

I'll get the Z51. If that is the spoiler that would come with the Z51 meh it's not horrible, I'd still get the Z51 package for the other things. If there is one thing we won't need to worry about, it's options for different spoilers. I'm sure most would opt for an active aero wing option for $3-4k just for cool factor.

Comment

We sure have lots of legit questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                      Z51 all day long and hopefully they have a wing delete option like some other manufacturers. If not I can remove it and fill in holes and repaint or get aftermarket wing that fits in its place. Z51 comes with to many wanted options but truly won't know till the reveal.
                      I know that the better aftermarket companies, if possible to met their designs, try and match up their attachment points with the factory’s. That would make life so very nice!
                      Last edited by John; 11-14-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I plan on the BASE!

No entry for me.

Comment

I hope, such as offered starting with the first year of the C7, GM will again offer a dealer installed alternative spoiler, such as the option SB3 body colored, wing spoiler? Maybe something like that, or better yet, a factory operable second option.

Name:	49C532D4-FD15-4429-883D-667B48630AAE.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	15756
                          Last edited by MidEngine; 11-14-2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

I plan on the BASE!

No entry for me.
                            I'll be doing the same Boomer & its sure isn't a BASE car for me . I will have to wait to really see the spoiler to decide if I want it & hopefully an option if I don't like it ...
                            A thought if I might ...

Comment

Whatever the heavy duty coolers and heavy duty suspension is called ill be ordering that option. Not a fan of that wing shown on the protitype and hopefully the finished prodict unveiled will be better looking.

spy photos always make the vehicles look weird...its what they are designed to do..

john fwiw the residual and ease of resale after a year or two usually is better on a z51car.

if your trading it in it may not matter but private sales ? The z51 is often a criteria that elevates residual pricing.

many shopping the preowned segment specifically hunt down the Z51 option on their checklist.

that option pack is synonomous with what the corvette purpose is.

just my experience selling corvettes over the past two decades.

i wouldnt sweat the optional weird looking spoiler we have seen on prototypes,

GM makes them look weird on purpose at this stage of development,

order z51 will be on my must have list.

its the most important option to have in my opinion.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X