MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Z51 QC Hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z51 QC Hold

Does anyone know the present status?

Originally posted by TCox View Post
    Does anyone know the present status?
    All I know is mine has been sitting two weeks and it just needs to travel 5 hours to St. Louis.

Comment

Last we heard at the end of this last work week, was that Z51’s are not yet heading out on transports. However, as Jeremy noted, this is not a major issue, simply it a matter of fine tuning before they are released. I realize that if one is waiting, that even if they are just detailing your car, you want it released now.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My 1LT non Z51 also seems to be held, and the destination changed back to nul.
        Take your time, go over my car carefully, make sure it is perfect, I can wait.
        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
          My 1LT non Z51 also seems to be held, and the destination changed back to nul.
          Take your time, go over my car carefully, make sure it is perfect, I can wait.
          Will, IMO a very smart attitude you have.

Having been in this identical situation, and in fact my first batch Z51 being one of the last ones released, at that time I asked out loud, “would you rather have your dealer deal with an issue for which there is close to a 100% probability they do not have the parts to fix it, nor have the specialized tools BGA does, nor have the staff who are even slightly trained on that issue?”

Or have the highly trained and experienced BGA staff with the tools and with the highly likelihood of parts present, to fix it?
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

So, the two week hold is not really a two week hold?? And what is different about the post covid Z51s as opposed to the Z51s that were produced pre covid??? Not making sense.
            Amy particular reasoning for this?

Comment

Hopefully they don’t release them at First Snow Fall 😎

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                So, the two week hold is not really a two week hold?? And what is different about the post covid Z51s as opposed to the Z51s that were produced pre covid??? Not making sense.
                I think we’ll need some Congressional Subpoenas ...

Seriously, why isn’ GM talking to it’s Customers?

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                  I am saying it is not just Z51. My base 1LT is being held too.
                  Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

I am saying it is not just Z51. My base 1LT is being held too.
                    I understood that. But, I got the impression from other posts that there was a particular hold on the Z51s for some reason

Comment

GM held the original batch of C8 for at least four weeks and four days, and some way more than that — using the extra time to adjust, fix, software update and similarly bring each car to the C8 performance specs before its release. I applaud this process (and again mine was held for close to six weeks from the date its manufacture was complete until it was released.

GM will never promise exact release dates until after each vehicle has been individually brought up to spec and then after the initial QCH is over, will never hold it one day longer than that. GM does not invoice until each specific vehicle is officially released so its motivation is to release as soon as possible. However and thankfully BGA feels that invoicing is second to insuring spec quality control obtainment for every C8 first. Quality is paramount over quantity or profit.

Comment

I agree with everything John has noted above. I just hope I'll feel the same way once our HTC is built and waiting to be shipped across the street to the Museum! It's sure easy to tell someone else to be patient. Hopefully, the 'shoe will be on the other foot' soon....

Comment

I understand those that have always been loyal to GM and the Corvette to continue to defend them but this is getting harder to understand and accept. First the strike(ok buying GM’s control) then they finally get going and then the removal of the 5VM(not going to let them slide on this one. Should have been better prepared) then the quality hold(okay this happens) then the Pandemic(No one could see that coming) then slowly getting back to production and know Z51 hold. Come on I believe GM could and should do better with this after years and years of research, engineering and testing. I have been a loyal Ford and Mustang guy my whole life but fell in the with the C7 and bought a Z06 and a ZR1, which I love, and have been excited about getting my C8 but this is getting tough to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C7/C8 View Post
                            I understand those that have always been loyal to GM and the Corvette to continue to defend them but this is getting harder to understand and accept. First the strike(ok buying GM’s control) then they finally get going and then the removal of the 5VM(not going to let them slide on this one. Should have been better prepared) then the quality hold(okay this happens) then the Pandemic(No one could see that coming) then slowly getting back to production and know Z51 hold. Come on I believe GM could and should do better with this after years and years of research, engineering and testing. I have been a loyal Ford and Mustang guy my whole life but fell in the with the C7 and bought a Z06 and a ZR1, which I love, and have been excited about getting my C8 but this is getting tough to understand.
                            Your kidding on the hard to understand statement, correct? Quality hold is both a common and pertinent process. After years of research and such I would hope all manufacturing companies know customers want a quality product at a reasonable price. I have a 2020 and they delivered on that premise even though they have had roadblocks never experienced prior. I retired a mfg manager with 40 years experience with the second largest exporter and the issues experienced this year with the pandemic were unimaginable years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C7/C8 View Post
                              IMO, I think many don't like to hear any criticism of the way GM has handled this. We all know and agree that the C8 is a great car and definitely the best bang for the buck, however the communication to the dealers and customers could have and can definitely be improved. Good communication has never been detrimental to anything. Each one of us have our own unique situation, and it would be nice to receive a little more information concerning our purchase, so adequate planning can be made. I reiterate, we know the C8 is a great car
                              and all of us can't wait to finally get ours. From the production numbers, it looks like things are going well. Let's hope they keep up the good work.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X