MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

OEM splash guards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OEM splash guards

    Can you please take a picture of your OEM GM splash guard on your C8? I would like to see what if the offset of the fender. Maybe ACS Composites will design a more aggressive design for a best protection of the rocker panels...

    thanks for your help

    Fet
    Torch Red HTC with black top, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Carbon flash splash guards, front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers and custom hash marks
    Mod: Carbon flash spoke standard wheels.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
    Maybe ACS Composites will design a more aggressive design for a best protection of the rocker panels...
    No photos, don't have them yet but I figure OEM splash guards are all I need. Coming with the car and installed at PDI.

    Last edited by Boomer; 06-19-2020, 07:52 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Boomer View Post

      No photos, don't have them yet but I figure OEM splash guards are all I need.

      Agreed. I have the OEM’s on my C7. Anything more would attract too much attention to them (IMHO).
      Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
      Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
      Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

      Comment


      • #4
        Not too large but I wouldn't be without them on my gravel road.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_193023.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	156444Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_193036.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	156445
        Shadow Gray Metallic.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wags View Post
          Not too large but I wouldn't be without them on my gravel road.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200619_193023.jpg Views:	138 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	156444Click image for larger version  Name:	20200619_193036.jpg Views:	130 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	156445
          I m not sure that will be enough large to protect the rocker on the C8...
          Last edited by Fetalos; 06-20-2020, 05:00 AM.
          Torch Red HTC with black top, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Carbon flash splash guards, front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers and custom hash marks
          Mod: Carbon flash spoke standard wheels.

          Comment


          • #6
            They do the job without being obtrusive. Had them on my C7s and now my C8.IMO if they were much bigger they would be too prominent. Click image for larger version

Name:	6F79B865-F6DA-4611-95E3-183A259AB79C.png
Views:	502
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	156490

            Comment


            • #7
              I've ordered the factory splash guards for my C8. My C7 has the slightly larger aftermarket splash guards in the front and factory in the rear. I also have very simple side skirt between the front and rear wheels. That combination keeps everything off the side of the car. I'm hoping that the C8 rocker trim, which is very similar to my C7 aftermarket side skirts, will be enough to do the job. I wish the C8 rocker would extend all the way to the rear wheel arch. I realize that the aero kit does, and I seriously considered that option, but I'm not a big fan of the winglets.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                I've ordered the factory splash guards for my C8. My C7 has the slightly larger aftermarket splash guards in the front and factory in the rear. I also have very simple side skirt between the front and rear wheels. That combination keeps everything off the side of the car. I'm hoping that the C8 rocker trim, which is very similar to my C7 aftermarket side skirts, will be enough to do the job. I wish the C8 rocker would extend all the way to the rear wheel arch. I realize that the aero kit does, and I seriously considered that option, but I'm not a big fan of the winglets.
                I'm pretty confident that the standard factory side skirts on the C8 will not be enough to protect the rear rocker area. Agree about the winglets looking lousy. I think quality PPF on at least the rear 2/3 of the rocker area will be absolutely necessary, unless someone comes out with a really nice looking full length side skirt, like those available for our C7s.
                Recently sold:
                Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

                Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by George View Post

                  I'm pretty confident that the standard factory side skirts on the C8 will not be enough to protect the rear rocker area. Agree about the winglets looking lousy. I think quality PPF on at least the rear 2/3 of the rocker area will be absolutely necessary, unless someone comes out with a really nice looking full length side skirt, like those available for our C7s.
                  The C7 rocker was the low part of the sides. Looks to me like there will road rash on the painted lower sides of the car below the smaller and higher rocker on the C8. I am also planning on some PPF for the rocker area. Road rash on C5's were always a big problem for me. I need a street sweeper or two to run ahead of me on all my drives i guess.
                  2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 68roadster View Post

                    The C7 rocker was the low part of the sides. Looks to me like there will road rash on the painted lower sides of the car below the smaller and higher rocker on the C8. I am also planning on some PPF for the rocker area. Road rash on C5's were always a big problem for me. I need a street sweeper or two to run ahead of me on all my drives i guess.
                    I think you're right on regarding the location of the factory skirts. PPF will be needed below those, as you've indicated, even with the OEM splash guards. It will be interesting to see how owners address this going forward. I think anyone who leaves the rocker area, especially in front of the rear wheel opening stock and unprotected, will be very disappointed over time, regarding rash.
                    Recently sold:
                    Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

                    Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Agree with both of you guys on your comments, I ordered my rocker trim in black, but you're right, underneath the black will be vulnerable as well as the area in front of the rear wheel well. I will definitely use some type of PPF in both places t start off. Hopefully we'll see some type of extension from the aftermarket that will compliment the body line without winglets etc.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Can PPF (Xpel, Ceramic coat) provide enough protection to, essentially, take the place of the factory rocker trim option?
                        Last edited by Jdcinsb; 06-22-2020, 12:59 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                          Agree with both of you guys on your comments, I ordered my rocker trim in black, but you're right, underneath the black will be vulnerable as well as the area in front of the rear wheel well. I will definitely use some type of PPF in both places t start off. Hopefully we'll see some type of extension from the aftermarket that will compliment the body line without winglets etc.
                          Question: The Black Rockers, (I believe the code is STI) do they extend out any more than the stock rockers that are painted to match the body?
                          Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N, Deposit July 23, 2019 - 2000 Jan. 20 - 3000 Feb.1 - TPW: July 27, 2020.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bucketoy View Post

                            Question: The Black Rockers, (I believe the code is STI) do they extend out any more than the stock rockers that are painted to match the body?
                            I don't believe so, other than the thickness of the material...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

                            Also, regarding PPF being enough under and behind the existing OEM skirt, I think it would, although an extension without winglet would be even better. I'd still add PPF in front of the rear wheel opening as well as underneath the skirt.
                            Recently sold:
                            Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

                            Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bucketoy View Post
                              Question: The Black Rockers, (I believe the code is STI) do they extend out any more than the stock rockers that are painted to match the body?
                              At their widest point, they stick out 2-1/2" from the body. Perhaps somebody without the STI option could check theirs for comparison?

                              Just going by what I recall of other C8s I've seen, I'd guess they stick out a further 3/8" or so compared to non-STI cars. They certainly seem deeper than stock, but that may just be an illusion caused by the differing materials.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X