VIDEO - Center Mounted Exhaust Spied on C8 Corvette Z06 Prototypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TtiME View Post

Definitely not ABS! That would melt in a heart beat at exhaust temps. Probably a thicker metal painted flat black. My guess is this is just a mock up, and would guess production would be 4 equal sized tips.
    my next question would be is this going to eliminate or impact the rear cargo area?
    Z06 isn't built for rear cargo area. Different goal and demographic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z06 is a FRC as well.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post

Z06 isn't built for rear cargo area. Different goal and demographic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z06 is a FRC as well.
      I agree and personally doesn’t impact me as I’m currently on the list for Z06 and ZR1. However in the last gen we saw the Z06 become much more accommodating towards the same demographic. Also eliminating the rear cargo would likely mean the elimination of removable top.

Comment

Tadge, if this is your (final) answer to my question to you last August if the Z51 C8 would be competitive to the GT4 on track, THANK YOU! Bring it on! The sound of the C8.R leaving the pits at Daytona convinced me to be on a Z06 higher horsepower “deal list”! This progression of development only confirms my “knee jerk” instincts! As great as the Z51 C8 is as a true GT car, there is no reason to expect anything less that the Z06 will be an ultimate track weapon! THANKS!
        GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Ferrari abandoned the " naturally aspirated , "flat plane crank V8 slot": a classic position . Looks like the C8 Z06 is to occupy that empty slot all alone. Will it sound like the 458? Better?

Some say it is an obsolete position, the "flat plane crank V8 slot":

But it is really a classic position.

If the Z06 revs to 9K, then it will be a classic at 600HP, even.

Attachments area
          Preview YouTube video LOUDEST Ferrari 458 in the world!! Headphone users beware!!! INSANE TUNNEL ACCELERATIONS!

LOUDEST Ferrari 458 in the world!! Headphone users beware!!! INSANE TUNNEL ACCELERATIONS!

Comment

I disagree that they will remove the rear cargo area. They haven't done that on a ZO6 yet and would alienate customers who want it for more than a weekend joy ride.

Comment

GM Changing to a cuter rear end would be like a 20K$ butt-job. Makes it likable as is.

Comment

Here I thought they were the smoke exhaust for the built in bbq pit option.

All kidding aside, if it looks and sounds mean enough, then it'll whet my appetite to go after the Z06 in the future. I wonder though, if they've moved the exhaust to the center to also help give the rear brakes some extra space to ventilate heat. They have a mantra of functionality first over form in design right?

Mark

- Just when you think you can't dig your hole any deeper, they throw the shovel in at you -

Comment

There's absolutely no need to delete the rear cargo area. Doing so would make a targa impossible and GM isn't bolting it in place like the C6Z because they don't have to... car was designed for the open top with an aluminum chassis vs. C6 being designed for an open top with a steel chassis.

Clearly they can re-design the muffler can to leave it in the same spot but have center exit tips.
                  2020 C8 @ 3800 PRODUCED 7/20 - Pending NCM Delivery 8/4
                  Rapid Blue with Sky Cool Grey seats
                  1LT, Z51, Nav/PDR, MSRC, silver wheels, NCM Delivery
                  red calipers, chrome emblems, silver engine cover

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X