Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM spokesman: won’t build all 2020 orders

According to yesterday’s Detroit Free Press:

"We are not going to build all of the 2020 orders," GM spokesman Kevin Kelly said, adding that GM would work with affected customers and dealers to offer a 2021 option.

This apparently refers to GM’s accepted orders (at 3000) rather than to orders being held by dealers (at 1100).

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rs/3199764001/
    Convertible ordered 1/16/20 consensus (originally with 4/6 TPW)— Long Beach Red, Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

I don't believe they're referring to orders at the factory. (3000 or higher)

But obviously that assumes no more interruptions at the plant.
    Recently sold:
    Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      I don't believe they're referring to orders at the factory. (3000 or higher)

But obviously that assumes no more interruptions at the plant.
      The spokesman says they got a total of 20,181 orders. Then he says they can’t build them all. He is obviously talking about orders at the plant level.
      Convertible ordered 1/16/20 consensus (originally with 4/6 TPW)— Long Beach Red, Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

I THINK they ARE referring to 3000 STATUS orders, because even if they have parts for 17,000 plus 2020 vehicles and even if they add a second shift, people like me @ 3000 status on March 18th, would be getting a 2020 car in November, December 2020. TADGE says orders for 2021 C8's begin in Late July........TIME FOR GM//CHEVROLET to pull the trigger and move on to 2021. it is torturous to be told you are getting a 2020 car if you are at 3000 status and then find out, not so fast on that..........
        Last edited by COBB*4191; 06-18-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

plenty of time 👍
          Click image for larger version

Name:	order9.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	155773

Comment

Just curious, How many would Waite for the 2021 rather then not getting their 3000 level built ?

Comment

I have already told my dealer that if I cannot be promised a 2020 C8, as I ordered my C8 Coupe on September 27, 2019 with a deposit and C7 trade in, had the order confirmed and accepted on February 13, 2020 then to status 3000 on February 26, 2020, I do not want a 2021 under any circumstances or conditions. I have been waiting for this Corvette since the mid 60's and in the meantime I have owned 13 Corvettes ('64-2014) and still have a '65. What a shame, no delivery/no deal. dt Ohio

Comment

I would hope if "3000" cars will not be assembled as 2020s, that those unlucky (or lucky depending on your POV about depreciation) of us would move to the head of the 2021 line. I really want a 2020, but if it doesn't get built there isn't much I can do about it. Like most of us @ 3000 and no TPW, I suspect we are a bit frustrated with the lack of information with regard to our orders. There are still a lot of unknowns (virus effects/parts availability/2nd shift are a few), those coupled with a lack of reliable communication, has left me feeling "over it". At some point my frustration level will get the best of me, and I'll start calling the dealer and CC, but right now, I'm just going to wait and see. I'm not sure anyone really knows what is going to happen with the production numbers. From what I read here at the forum, it looks like BGA is at full 1 shift production ... OK great ... now what? Rhetorically asked ... I'm not looking for an answer.

Comment

I agree with Cobb*4191 that Kevin Kelly is referring to pre-3000 status orders that are going to be unable to be built due to the strike and then the virus —that he is not referring to 3000 and higher status orders. I have read and re-read Kevin Kelly’s statement and find nothing in it that says that accepted 2020 C8 orders are not going to be completed.

Dealers entered into the GM WorkBench Connect computer software ordering systems thousands and thousands of 2020 orders which did not get GM accepted (did not get to status 2000 or higher). They still at this day are in that system and those are the orders that Kevin is referring to.

Also to re-state for new to GM ordering system forum members and guests who might have missed this, that there is nothing in the ordering software system that will automatically transfer a 2020, 1100 status order into a 2021 order. That must be done manually at each dealer, so please check with your dealership contact as to what their policies are regarding that re-rendering process.

​​​​​
                  As bobbytinvab posted, we all hope that they move to the head of each dealership’s internal priority lines, but again that must be individually dealers determined and confirmed. Best of luck for each of you in that transitional to 2021 priority change. We know that one top dealer, Mike [email protected], since he only and exclusively uses his time and date stamped system, will make that exact transition. Will your dealer be doing that?
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well John I hope you're right about status code 3000 being good to go for 2020 production. I'm just going to wait it out for a while to see what happens next. I figure there are no guarantees with the way this year has gone on many fronts ... it's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Kornicks View Post
                      Just curious, How many would Waite for the 2021 rather then not getting their 3000 level built ?
                      It all depends on the options list when it supposedly debuts July 13th. I’ll make my decision then. But I’m hoping for the 2020 as I’m in 3000 status. As all great plans need contingency plans, that’s mine.
                      Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, Black trident wheels, hopefully a black high wing spoiler, red engine cover, front lift, Lighted sill plates, currently at 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        I agree with Cobb*4191 that Kevin Kelly is referring to pre-3000 status orders that are going to be unable to be built due to the strike and then the virus —that he is not referring to 3000 and higher status orders. I have read and re-read Kevin Kelly’s statement and find nothing in it that says that accepted 2020 C8 orders are not going to be completed.

Dealers entered into the GM WorkBench Connect computer software ordering systems thousands and thousands of 2020 orders which did not get GM accepted (did not get to status 2000 or higher). They still at this day are in that system and those are the orders that Kevin is referring to.

Also to re-state for new to GM ordering system forum members and guests who might have missed this, that there is nothing in the ordering software system that will automatically transfer a 2020, 1100 status order into a 2021 order. That must be done manually at each dealer, so please check with your dealership contact as to what their policies are regarding that re-rendering process.

​​​​​
                        As bobbytinvab posted, we all hope that they move to the head of each dealership’s internal priority lines, but again that must be individually dealers determined and confirmed. Best of luck for each of you in that transitional to 2021 priority change. We know that one top dealer, Mike [email protected], since he only and exclusively uses his time and date stamped system, will make that exact transition. Will your dealer be doing that?
                        Ok.If Mr.Kelly is referring to orders at 1100 why didn't he just say all orders at 3000 would be built?..I went back to the press release and it doesn't make a distinction.

Comment

John knows a heck of a lot more than I do, but we heard from Jag that the manager of BG etc. stated they should be able to build all 3000 status orders. There are a ton of 1100 status orders and IF (BIG if) they get the second shift running July 6th they could even fit a few 1100 status orders in there before the end. We won't know until early July at the earliest if that will happen. I keep hearing dealers telling their customers that they believe another round of allocations is coming. I wouldn't hold my breath, but there is a VERY SMALL light at the end of the tunnel.
                          Meanwhile we wait and hope.
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15 3400: July 21 3800: July 30 4200: Aug 07 5000: Aug 7 6000: Aug 12?

Comment

I remember reading about Tadge and Harlan saying GM would be reaching out to people that have orders at 3000 to give them some idea when their orders would get a TPW..After this press release I think now would be a good time. I'm not looking to my dealer to be able to furnish me with this information,most of the time ,I know more about what's going on then he does...

Comment

Originally posted by 67C8 View Post
                              I remember reading about Tadge and Harlan saying GM would be reaching out to people that have orders at 3000 to give them some idea when their orders would get a TPW
                              call the concierge 🤣

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X