MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Grille inlet screens, do we need them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 350 miles, I was cleaning the bugs off the front and noticed that pebbles had already hit the front of the radiator grills on both sides and left several dents. Can't imagine what they would look like after a few thousand miles.

I ordered the Grill Mesh Kits from custom car grills and installed them in about an hour. Pretty easy. The website has video instructions and the only thing I had to do different was take off the front splitter since I have a Z51.

I got this set because the powder-coated aluminum is honeycomb shaped and matches the grill mesh along the back window and the rear mesh below the back bumper. They install to the inside of the grill covers so I can still clean those parts.
    Last edited by brad66; 09-02-2020, 04:50 PM. Reason: No links to non forum vendors.
    2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray seats. LT2, GT2 seats, Z51 package, nose lift, mag ride suspension, carbon flash wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELB2020VETTE View Post
      After 350 miles, I was cleaning the bugs off the front and noticed that pebbles had already hit the front of the radiator grills on both sides and left several dents. Can't imagine what they would look like after a few thousand miles.

I ordered the Grill Mesh Kits from custom car grills and installed them in about an hour. Pretty easy. The website has video instructions and the only thing I had to do different was take off the front splitter since I have a Z51.

I got this set because the powder-coated aluminum is honeycomb shaped and matches the grill mesh along the back window and the rear mesh below the back bumper. They install to the inside of the grill covers so I can still clean those parts.
      Thanks for sharing that info. The price is right! I ordered a pair today.
      Last edited by brad66; 09-02-2020, 04:51 PM. Reason: No links to non forum vendors.

Comment

• Just ordered a pair and I don't even have my C8 yet. Just being prepared.
        J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
        "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

• Hi all, any opinions on if the side air intakes also need screens?

Comment

• I will most likely get the aftermarket screens. Only a Canadian C8 looks good with damaged teeth (think hockey). So, I suppose that is what Zora 69 meant by 'effident.'
            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

• Originally posted by AZvrod View Post
              Hi all, any opinions on if the side air intakes also need screens?
              I haven't seen any dents in the radiator in the passenger side yet. I would think for aesthetic purposes, it would make sense to have them. Maybe even for practical purposes because the openings are so large, a lot of things could get swept into them.
              When I talked to the guys at custom car grill, they said they needed to get their hands on a C8 Vette so they can measure, design and test any new meshes. Also, they are considering meshes for the front interior openings.
              2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray seats. LT2, GT2 seats, Z51 package, nose lift, mag ride suspension, carbon flash wheels.

Comment

• Front interior openings?

Comment

• Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
                  Front interior openings?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	C8Grille.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	186356
                  1LT |Torch Red/Black | DOB=9/1 | is now @ 4300 .
                  Splash Guards and Cargo Nets From Wildhammer Motorsports and All weather Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner From ShopChevyParts already here, just waiting for a car to put them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8Grille.JPG Views:	4 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	186356
                    Your exactly right - I didn't have those areas covered on mine and couldn't figure out why my cores were getting hit with rocks and smashed. Those inside areas need to be protected also. You can see a small part of that area on the left of this pic.

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	186367
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

• I just ordered the 4 piece set that covers all of the front spaces from customcargrills.com. Black hexagon aluminum powder coated. $99 + $16 for shipping. They look nice and should hold up well. My car should be delivered in the next few weeks. I'll post some pics after installed. I checked out other sources too. These just looked like a great option to me.

Comment

• I ordered the $400 10 minute install options - suppoed to get them next week where there is no need to take anything apart (we will see) - when I get them I'll make a review.

Comment

• The guys who are doing my PPF and ceramic coating will be installing mine when they put on the new Carbon Flash front spoiler. I won't have the dealer install the one that comes with the Z51 pkg. The bottom plates will already be off then anyways, so good opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4D9A5F3E-112F-43B3-A321-083C9766C48E.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	190897 I put mine on today. I got them from Richrat (forum vendor). They fit perfectly. I wanted a more easily removable install than the tape supplied so I used flex ties. I didn’t want to remove splitter and bottom pan to get behind the factory protection, so I had to fish the flex ties through the holes then back out. No fun at all while laying down with a crick in neck ! I made a small hook out of copper wire approximately .050” in diameter. Was still a chore. Maybe should have just gone with factory system which is well thought out
                            Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

• Originally posted by KOPBET View Post

Name:	4D9A5F3E-112F-43B3-A321-083C9766C48E.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	190897 I put mine on today. I got them from Richrat (forum vendor). They fit perfectly. I wanted a more easily removable install than the tape supplied so I used flex ties. I didn’t want to remove splitter and bottom pan to get behind the factory protection, so I had to fish the flex ties through the holes then back out. No fun at all while laying down with a crick in neck ! I made a small hook out of copper wire approximately .050” in diameter. Was still a chore. Maybe should have just gone with factory system which is well thought out
                              Thanks for your Purchase KOPBET!
                              I appreciate you trusting us to be one of the first to get my front inlet covers. Wire ties definitely make it easy if you have the need to remove & clean or if you track your car. They look AWESOME, can I say factory.

Thanks again!
                              Rich
                              Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

• I'm wondering why this wasn't an issue for many decades until the current generation when you can clearly see the radiators. Radiators from past generations were just as exposed to road debris.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X