MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

Musuem Deliveries since the restart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
    Hotel Sync across the street and new ...
    Best home made coffee and hot chocolate for free in the lobby in the mornings (perhaps even longer than that)!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Wow!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flht95 View Post
        Well It's finally happening. After my initial deposit on March 7 of last year, then my full deposit on Sept 5, then the strike, then getting 2000 on 12/19, 3000 on 1/02 3300 ojn 2/27, Call from Concierge on 3/16 saying it is being built that week to heartbreak by Corona that same week, then restart in Jume. Top that off with driving 1700 miles from Phoenix to BGA with a trailer, My Car sits in SPot number 8 for delivery to me tomorrow at 1000! https://www.corvettemuseum.org/explo...ms/delivery-8/. THere were times I felt there is now way the excitement would be there after all the things that happened - some we all experienced and each of had our own "little challenges" - I was WRONG. Can tell you how good it feels. Wanted my kids to come to be with me but they couldnt come on short notice and there was no way I was gonna chance our arch enemy MZ Corona raising her head and bringing everything to a halt. So my oldest grandson is with me for my first new corvette and number 9 overall that started back in 1973. .THanks to all of you who keep us informed, and you old "sages" who try to keep us calm. I'll still be on everyday but when I'm done I can ride in my new baby!
        Congratulations, will be watching.

All quiet this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delivery 8 6-30.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	160058
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Got back to Az today! Drove 1700 over 2 days with my Vette on the trailer. First of all the Museum Experience was great from a new owners standpoint! You really have someone dedicated to you for as long as you want or need. Altho you start at your Vette, very little tiime is spent there until the end as they know once you get into understanding and learning it you will have little or no interest in doing the rest of the things they want to do with you things I thing we all should know - and to encapsulate that I would say they want you to understand that the Corvette is more than just a car - its years of ideas, of passions, of people who made tt what it is today and keeps driving it. From an UGLY vehicle (not a vcorvette) that proved the concept of fiberglass, to having a 57 T-bird there between a 53 and 58 that lndirectly forced GM's hand to put the famous V8 in the Vetter To levels of detail explaining how a customers car that was on loan to them and crushed when the floor gave way, only to find he died a few days before the collapse and they painstakingly rebuilt it and placed a bag of sugar they found under the passengers seat back under the seat of the restored car. The owners daughter wants the car to stay there. Several possibly many things I would not have learned had I not the individual guide I was given as part of my R8C. I let my grandson be the first to sit in my vetter and the first non museum person to ride in it as it was leaving the buidling under applause from all present. PS I use a PC tool called screen cast - O matic that can record some or all of all your PC screen. I had my daughter-in -law bring up 2 separate windows on her PC - one was the web cam where my car was and the other was initially Corvette Blvd where a lot is going on (including me walking around) She started Screen cast and left it run for the next 4 hours. So ANYTIME I was at the car - there is a video of me and ANYTHING I did on the blvd is also captured. Obviusly I need to edit the dead space but in the end I will have the mostcompete record of what I did that day in tha room and all it took was someone to start the windows and start the tool. Food for thought if you are doing it (PS to go beyond 15 mns of recording you will have to be premium but that is only $15 a year (I have no business or personal interest in this product)

From the minute I left the building ALL the way home no matter wher I stopped for gas or eat -People would come up to me and humbly and politely ask if they could take pictures of my car. people older than me (Im 68) to teens and millenials almost treating it like an honor to be able to take a picture of it. THehy ALL could have just snapped a picture and walked away and there is nothing I could have (or would have) said but to a person they didn't. I was (and am) truly impressed by the caliber and qua;ity of the people (myself excluded) this car attracts. Sure the sttention will al change as the volumes get out there but maybe it wont. Our willingness to share our Vette and expereince can keep it exciting no matter how many are out there!

Comment

Glad you are home safely, Mr. and Mrs. Celebrity Owners of a C8. What fun you must have had!!! Now the real fun begins as you know. Happy more miles of smiles.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Wonderful Recap Flht95. My wife and I anxiously await our turn in less than 3 weeks. #4699 gets built next week God willing
              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Great story of your visit. My R8C comes later this year, with any luck, and I am really looking forward to it. Your story will help us understand we need to enjoy the WHOLE experience.
                Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X