Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could possibly be due to the Valve Spring Failures. I'm 3300 with no TPW. I'd happily wait to have those springs replaced rather than breaking down on the road.

Comment

• 9/23 numbers..............11484........11305.........18 0 cars produced

Comment

• Good stuff!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	193186
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake0 View Post
          Could possibly be due to the Valve Spring Failures. I'm 3300 with no TPW. I'd happily wait to have those springs replaced rather than breaking down on the road.
          I believe GM stated that the problem only existed in cars built up to 9/15.
          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
          '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
          '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
          '14 Black Z51 Coupe
          '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
          '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Ordered 7/28/19 / 3800 9/25/20 / 4150 9/28 / 5000 10/1/20😀

Comment

• Originally posted by George View Post

I believe GM stated that the problem only existed in cars built up to 9/15.
            Is there a TSB on that?
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Is there a TSB on that?
              https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-spring-issues

Comment

• Murray,

Thanks for keeping the spreadsheet going it is most important and gives insight. My car was produced yesterday so I’ve graduated to the next step of waiting. I should receive it in October which will be the 1 year mark for me.

To those waiting stay positive it will happen.

Comment

Good stuff!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	193186
                  Gee, only 5 more weeks and I can start getting excited...MAYBE! I think I will name my C8 "MAYBE" or "FOREVER".....maybe!
                  NCM Life Time Member since 1997

Comment

• Originally posted by 427racing View Post

Gee, only 5 more weeks and I can start getting excited...MAYBE! I think I will name my C8 "MAYBE" or "FOREVER".....maybe!
                    That started me thinking. There's only about 9 weeks left for 2020 production if all goes well. TPW's are likely to be relatively solid by now. Parts supplies will change some here and there, but Shirley (don't call me shirley) things must be pretty much relatively stable by now. (Knock on wood)

Comment

• They need to avg 194/day to finish by Thanksgiving holiday - looking at avg/day since 2nd shift started that is unlikely. Assuming parts hold up I predict they will complete 2020's somewhere in week of Dec 7th - need to avg about 170/day to accomplish! Wildcard is Saturday production?

Comment

That started me thinking. There's only about 9 weeks left for 2020 production if all goes well. TPW's are likely to be relatively solid by now. Parts supplies will change some here and there, but Shirley (don't call me shirley) things must be pretty much relatively stable by now. (Knock on wood)
                        My next to last TPW was 10/19, then last week I got bumped back to 10/26. Almost afraid to ask Shane again. But will try again once we get into October. If my TPW stays at 10/26 probably won't see the car till after the election and hopefully before Thanksgiving. But at least there is a tiny bit of light at the end of this very long tunnel.
                        NCM Life Time Member since 1997

Comment

• It might be a stupid question yesterday my dealer called me And said that my status change to 3300. I'm getting at 2020 Corvette But probably in November, I don't like the fact that I lossed a whole year, Is there anyway To get 2021 Instead Without waiting another year?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRose View Post
                            It might be a stupid question yesterday my dealer called me And said that my status change to 3300. I'm getting at 2020 Corvette But probably in November, I don't like the fact that I lossed a whole year, Is there anyway To get 2021 Instead Without waiting another year?
                            Highly unlikely.... especially a HTC. Quite honestly, condition, mileage and options will impact the value of your car more that a 1 model year difference down the road when you sell or trade....
                            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

• This Valve Spring problem. Is it going to hold up production and shipping? I prefer that any and all problems be fixed at Bowling Green that having to take my car back to a Dealer to have it fixed..
                              J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                              "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

• I think after next Friday (3 weeks of 2nd shift analysis), you will now have a solid number of completed cars for the week. It would seem that GM is not completing 180 cars per day or better yet averaging 180 per week, so the graph should be adjusted as such. This adjustment would give us a better analysis of when 2020 will end production.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X