Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Latest 2020 production numbers from BG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray you da Man! This is my first vette TPW 11/30. Tedious job your doing, don’t know how longer you can keep this up. However much appreciated by MY 2020 and certainly will be in future by MY 2021 if you continue.
    thanks

Comment

• Based on numbers, looks like if they keep moving (no more covid and no more supply issues), they could start 21 production week of 14th? Any ideas out there if the line will shut down for any re-tooling etc? Assuming they shut down for the holidays, so that's a few weeks lost as well, yes?
      '21 G26 Sebring Orange Z51 2LT Coupe Natural Napa GT2 Seats
      Dual roof package (body / glass), E60 front lift, FE4 magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C NCM Delivery.

Reservation placed 1 Aug 2020. 3000 status as of 16 Nov 2020. 3300 as of 17 Dec 2020. 3400 as of 28 Dec 2020.

C8 Born 11 Jan 2021! R8C here we come.

Sold—2002 C5 Millennium Yellow Coupe 2LT 6-Spd

Comment

• Should roll off 2nd shift Monday - 17116. Finally long saga starting with one crappy dealer August 2019 and starting over in January at 2nd dealer is coming to an end!

Comment

• Originally posted by fastcar321 View Post
          Should roll off 2nd shift Monday - 17116. Finally long saga starting with one crappy dealer August 2019 and starting over in January at 2nd dealer is coming to an end!
          I'm glad things are working out for you. Good riddance of the crappy dealer
          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

• My CMG, 3LT, # 16,986 rolled off the line sometimes during the second shift on 11/20.......4000 code says vehicle available to ship. I emailed the CC and got this reply back
            We have located you order # ****** and can see your vehicle is at the event description 4000. That means it is on HOLD FOR QUALITY CHECK NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN PRODUCED. This is to ensure that our models live up to the world class CORVETTE quality before we send it out for delivery. CHECK Back every 2 to 3 weeks for UPDATES?
            ***........THE WAIT GOES ON...........

Comment

• Ready to ship means just that. It's waiting for transport. CC has failed again.
              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

• Originally posted by COBB*4191 View Post
                My CMG, 3LT, # 16,986 rolled off the line sometimes during the second shift on 11/20.......4000 code says vehicle available to ship. I emailed the CC and got this reply back
                We have located you order # ****** and can see your vehicle is at the event description 4000. That means it is on HOLD FOR QUALITY CHECK NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN PRODUCED. This is to ensure that our models live up to the world class CORVETTE quality before we send it out for delivery. CHECK Back every 2 to 3 weeks for UPDATES?
                Congrats! If GM designed quality into the engineering and manufacturing process better, they wouldn't need as much end point quality control...thought they would have learned that in the 80s but... I'm hopeful for the C8 and haven't had many problems at all over the last 20 years of owning GM cars and trucks, but there sure have been enough sad stories out there...
                '21 G26 Sebring Orange Z51 2LT Coupe Natural Napa GT2 Seats
                Dual roof package (body / glass), E60 front lift, FE4 magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C NCM Delivery.

Reservation placed 1 Aug 2020. 3000 status as of 16 Nov 2020. 3300 as of 17 Dec 2020. 3400 as of 28 Dec 2020.

C8 Born 11 Jan 2021! R8C here we come.

Sold—2002 C5 Millennium Yellow Coupe 2LT 6-Spd

Comment

• Originally posted by COBB*4191 View Post
                  My CMG, 3LT, # 16,986 rolled off the line sometimes during the second shift on 11/20.......4000 code says vehicle available to ship. I emailed the CC and got this reply back
                  CONGRATS! Mine was built last Mon, and Wed Shane emailed to say it was made available to the Museum for delivery. So there’s no telling how quickly it will be ready.
                  HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                  Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; 6000: 11/25.

Comment

• BIG THANKS to everyone for your feedback on 16,986. I have been waiting since August of 2019, I guess a little more waiting won't hurt. Congrats to everyone finally getting their cars and good luck to those who will soon get them.

Comment

• Anyone heard why the completed vehicle count has dropped off so much the last few days?

Comment

• Im sure we will have better clarity come Tuesday. Lets all hope and pray if needed that it did not slow/stop due to more parts delays
                        3lt, zeus bronze z51, mag ride Front lift with memory Battery Protection Package Edge Red-painted calipers Performance exhaust Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels Rocker panel extensions in Black Carbon Flash Metallic-painted mirrors Black seat belt color GT2 bucket seat Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash Metallic ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE

Comment

• Mine should be completed Tuesday but all I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Are the shippers taking days off like UAW?

Comment

• I got the same email regarding status 4000 and waiting 2 to 3 weeks to check back with them.

The 7 C8's in the picture are at Estero Bay Chevrolet in Estero, Florida. Looking at their VIN's (and Murray's excellent chart) it looks like they were produced Tuesday morning and at the dealer by Sunday morning. So, unless your car has issues it looks like the time from production to delivery will be relatively quick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Estero Corvettes.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	210398
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Jack Cooper Transport moves vehicles 363 days per year.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Can anyone help settle my nerves.. do we know if the plant is fully operational today?
                                3lt, zeus bronze z51, mag ride Front lift with memory Battery Protection Package Edge Red-painted calipers Performance exhaust Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels Rocker panel extensions in Black Carbon Flash Metallic-painted mirrors Black seat belt color GT2 bucket seat Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash Metallic ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X