Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Latest 2020 production numbers from BG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murray20c8, thanks for your chart update earlier today. Using your numbers in order for BGA to finish the last of the status 2020’s without a Saturday full overtime day by December 7th, they must be building at a daily sustained rate higher than they every have, e.g., averaging 189 every day. With their highest daily C8 production to date having been 187 that is unlikely, But if they add in one Saturday between now and December 7th and they will accomplish 100% of the status 3000’s that day by obtaining that 179 sustained average rate of from now on though Monday, December 7th they will make it with vehicles to spare.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• I too would like to thank murray20c8 for all of the work keeping this chart updated. I FINALLY found out last Tuesday that my car had a TPW of 11/9. However, it looks like my car was built on Friday! I just squeaked in at VIN 15809. I wouldn't have that level of information without this forum. Hopefully the car will ship ASAP and my long 16 month journey will be over.
      Last edited by IamStig; 11-07-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• I just picked up my C8 HTC black 3LT w natural dipped interior - fully spec'd. Thanks so much Murray for your help during the waiting period. The charts really helped rationalize everyone's expectations. I am surprised that GM doesn't do this so as to keep everyone reasonably informed ! Anyways, first impression is the car looks and feels awesome, although I do have a few comments about the car that are slightly disappointing. Perhaps its because the hype overinflated my expectations or I need to drive it longer?? Bottom line though - very much worth the wait. Thanks again Murray !!
        Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
          murray20c8, thanks for your chart update earlier today. Using your numbers in order for BGA to finish the last of the status 2020’s without a Saturday full overtime day by December 7th, they must be building at a daily sustained rate higher than they every have, e.g., averaging 189 every day. With their highest daily C8 production to date having been 187 that is unlikely, But if they add in one Saturday between now and December 7th and they will accomplish 100% of the status 3000’s that day by obtaining that 179 sustained average rate of from now on though Monday, December 7th they will make it with vehicles to spare.
          John, I don't think starting 2021 production on 12/8 necessarily means completing 2020 production on or before 12/7. I think general consensus is that with the minor changes between model years, a 2021 can follow directly behind a 2020 on the assembly line. Therefore I think car number 130 (using Murray's spreadsheet above) on 12/8 could be 2021 VIN #1?
          3LT Torch Red/Adrenaline Red, Z51, MSRC

Comment

• GM learned that running two different model year car back to back on the same assembly line does not work because of federal requirements (parts tracking for new model year changes). However, Jeremy Welborn and I were brainstorming last night with Keith Cornett and we wondered whether or not they could continue finishing up the 2020’s during the day shift and start the 2021’s on the night shift (or the reverse).
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• John, that would make sense, probably more so than my supposition above. I just seem to remember I have seen where BGA (or some much less reliable source) has indicated there is no need for, nor will they have the typical model year changeover/shutdown between 2020 and 2021. As a result, they could conceivably complete and shutdown 2021 production and start 2021 production on the same day, i.e 12/8.
              3LT Torch Red/Adrenaline Red, Z51, MSRC

Comment

• You are right. It was no less a source than Tadge who stated that there was going to be no shut down between the 20th and the 21 model years.

Comment

• Hi all. First off, my apologies for the delay in posting. Candidly, this group and a few of the other groups really helped me enjoy the process of getting my C8. I realize I am now an owner and just hit 500 miles, but it truly is a remarkable machine, inside and out. Since this is the production thread, here's my timeline and specs...

Deposit: 7/24/19
                  Workbench History:
                  1100: 2/17/20
                  1102: 2/17/20
                  2000: 2/18/20
                  2030: 2/18/20
                  2051: 2/18/20
                  2500: 2/18/20
                  3000: 2/18/20 (updated after typo for 9/23)
                  3100: 9/23/20
                  3300: 10/1/20
                  3400: 10/2/20 (TPW 10/5/20)
                  3800: 10/9/20
                  4000: it gets kind of fuzzy here, but the vehicle was shipped, 4200, I think on 10/19, as my dealer had the car show up in their inventory on Saturday, 10/17. Corvette Concierge confirmed it had been shipped in an email on 10/20/20, but didn't provide ship date. It arrived on Wednesday, 10/21/20 at my dealer, Marchese Chevrolet in Fort Montgomery, NY. I picked it up on Thursday, 10/22/20.

My vin was 13315. I hope this helps and do believe all of the help from everyone here has really made this an amazing experience. Attached is my window sticker so you can see the specs. I'll update the other forums with appropriate photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5087 (1).jpg Views:	112 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	205708
                  Last edited by bwallach10; 11-09-2020, 01:16 PM.
                  2020 C8 Stingray Coupe Rapid Blue Sky Cool Gray 2LT Z51 Magnetic Ride Control GT2 Transparent Roof Power Lift Yellow Calipers Sterling Silver Engine Cover Carbon Flash Wheels Body Color Exterior Accents Blue Seat Belts

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                    However, Jeremy Welborn and I were brainstorming last night with Keith Cornett and we wondered whether or not they could continue finishing up the 2020’s during the day shift and start the 2021’s on the night shift (or the reverse).
                    You guys know best, I'm sure, but I do question whether GM would want to risk not being able to build all 2020's before December 18th. Any news on whether they really built that many CTF's and whether they were included in the 20181? I don't have access to the "National Corvette Museum's Corvette Team Seminar" so I can't make any other determination.
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• Originally posted by bwallach10 View Post
                      Deposit: 7/24/19
                      Workbench History:
                      1100: 2/17/20
                      1102: 2/17/20
                      2000: 2/18/20
                      2030: 2/18/20
                      2051: 2/18/20
                      2500: 2/18/20
                      3000: 9/23/20
                      3100: 9/23/20
                      3300: 10/1/20
                      3400: 10/2/20 (TPW 10/5/20)
                      3800: 10/9/20
                      Welcome and thanks for the post. Can you double check the highlighted milestone "3000". This thread has been pretty much devoted to the production of the remaining cars that were at "3000" "Order Accepted" in March. No other 2020s went to 3000 status post March as far as we know.

Comment

• The window sticker says that the standard vehicle price was $58,995.00, I thought it was $59,995.00.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                          The window sticker says that the standard vehicle price was $58,995.00, I thought it was $59,995.00.
                          Shipping is not included there.
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• Transport fee
                            Heidi
                            Save the Wave
                            2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU)

Comment

• Murray20c8 wrote " Any news on whether they really built that many CTF's and whether they were included in the 20181? "

That is an OUTSTANDING question!! Would the "birdies" please:

1. get a confirmation of that 912 number from BG.
                              2. get a confirmation that BG is really going to try to start 2021 production around December the 8th, 9th, 10th, etc.

It would sure make a lot of us sleep better.

Thanks

SteveC8

Comment

• Originally posted by STEVEC8 View Post
                                Murray20c8 wrote " Any news on whether they really built that many CTF's and whether they were included in the 20181? "

That is an OUTSTANDING question!! Would the "birdies" please:

1. get a confirmation of that 912 number from BG.
                                2. get a confirmation that BG is really going to try to start 2021 production around December the 8th, 9th, 10th, etc.

It would sure make a lot of us sleep better.

Thanks

SteveC8
                                The information on whether the preproduction number is 912 and whether they were included in the 20,181 number comes from the same little birdie that gives us the production numbers every day. Question #2 is a bit harder to pin as it is a prediction of the future not a recollection of the past. That being said, this certainly appears to be the target for 2021.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X