MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Poll: When will 1st Z06 be delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: When will 1st Z06 be delivered

I am trying to decide whether to hold out for the Z06. Lots of speculation about delay etc. on the internet. Curious to see when the group of you believe the first Z06 will be delivered and in someone's driveway!
    Spring 2021
    4.29%
    Summer 2021
    8.57%
    Fall 2021
    8.57%
    Winter 2021
    10.00%
    Spring 2022
    31.43%
    Summer 2022
    7.14%
    Fall 2022
    21.43%
    Winter 2022
    1.43%
    2023 or later
    7.14%

I'm sure it will be beast. The sooner the better 👍👍
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

With all GM pick ups, SUV and Corvette development now on “pause” for economic reasons we do not know when the Z06’s development would resume. Additionally, with some exceptions of some automedia wanting IMO to sell more mags, there were toward the end of this past spring +95% of all sources saying the C8 Z06 would be a 2022. With the first 2021 C8 StingRay’s not going down the assembly line until November 3rd, highly unlikely the first customer ones arrive before mid December (again a QC hold for a new model year), and maybe even not until the end of December.

Putting all that together in my opinion the first C8 Z06 customer car will not, at the theoretical earliest, be in the first customer’s driveway until October of 2021. But that super optimistic date is based on a series of best case circumstances occurring one after the other. Might the current pause in all Corvette development last six, nine, twelve or even more months?

Hence why I voted for the Spring of 2022 (no birdie whisperings).

Of course I could be many many months off either way.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Something that hasn't been discussed much on the Forum is the RHD model of the C8. That has been shoved back, but it could become a big seller when finally available. Australia, New Zeland, the British Isles; is India a RHD country? There would be at least thousands of sales possible before we even reach the other models. Don't you just know GM is licking their chops to get the production rolling...
        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

The economy and public health are uncertain. The timing of the Z06 is tied in that knot.

Does anyone know how near to complete the Z06 was when envelopment stopped. What was the planned date before development halted.

How much money is needed to finish up on the Z06?
          Is Z06 delay a worker-safety delay only iissue?

Unknowables computed from unknowns = exactly 18 months.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 05-23-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

There is nothing in its stoppage being related to worker safety. It is 100% to do with the massive economic crunch that every OEM is experiencing, i.e., take a look at many other brands’ announcing delays in soon upcoming product, announcements made in just the last three weeks.

It is GM smartly taking a time out to see how the auto industry recovers, how it recovers specifically, and how much cash is then available for further development of the C8 Z06.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Covid 19 killed the Z06......not going to happen....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff View Post
                Covid 19 killed the Z06......not going to happen....
                Uhhh wanna bet? Like your whole life savings?

Delayed for 9-12 months likely from when their normal release was planned but the future models will definitely still see the light of day. GM has too much invested in the ME platform to not continue to move forward.

Comment

This time next year.........yes.......very optimistic 👍😎
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Thanks for the votes... Seems like the consensus is that I should stick to the plan as a Z06 is still a ways off!

Comment

Add a year to the original release of the c8 z06.

when was it officially destined to be released?

id guess 2022 at the earliest for the new release date and the line will be a long as you could imagine.

buy the c8 when you can..and get on Mike furmans at crisswells list would be a workable plan.

iId suggest the resale value of a c8 z51 fe4 would still be pretty high by the time your c8 z06 arrives.

good luck deciding.
                      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff View Post
                        Covid 19 killed the Z06...not going to happen...
                        ...solid theory 😆
                        Last edited by C8Jake; 05-26-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I can hardly wait to see what it looks like. If I like the styling I'm in. At least I have a C7 to tide me over.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X