MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Running your C8 on a Racetrack

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running your C8 on a Racetrack

Chevrolet recommends adding 2 quarts of transmission fluid to a C8 before tracking the car. IMO We NEED Chevrolet to add those 2 additional needed quarts while ALL C8 Z51’s are being built. After the fact this is a very time consuming and complicated job ( expensive $$ job ) The C8 Z51 is the supposed to be the “ track ready “ version of the C8, we Need Chevrolet TO INCLUDE THOSE 2 quarts of transmission fluid in EVERY Z51 leaving the factory!

I agree with you that a customer buying the Z51 package for 5000 smackers should have all of the transmission fluid installed before delivery.

I was gonna have my dealer add the fluid for me before delivery. I thought they just had to remove the trunk cover panel and pour it in. Do you have any idea how expensive the fluid and labor is?

I just looked up the fluid in the C8 Track Prep document but it does not even list the fluid, only saying under Recommended Fluids and Lubricants, "See your dealer". Although I have seen the spec somehwhere at MECF.

What struck me more is the need to R&R the brake fluid before and after every track session in the same Track Prep manual.
    Bob Sliwa
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Restomod.
    2020 C8 - 2LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Black interior; Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, 5ZZ high wing, ZZ3 engine appearance,AH2 GT2 seats, Red Calipers

Comment

You have posted this on all the c8 forums now. What do you think it will accomplish? There is a reason they do not. You may not agree but it is $100 dollars either way. Pay it up front or pay it when you choose to add it. The filter is $130 too. Should that be added to the initial cost of the car too? GM's decision has been made. Now you need to make the decision to pay for the oil and install or not.

Comment

I have a note on the other ask Tadge forum. I would rather pay up front then have the dealer pull the car apart. The trans has different gearing and an e diff so charge an extra hundred for the package to fill it correctly.

Comment

They have to pull it apart anyway to change the filter. You can't track the car for 1500 miles so no issue until then. Do the filter change early and add the extra oil then.

Comment

Maybe GM does not ad these two quarts as GM realizes that 90 PCT of Z51 buyers do not really track their cars they only thump their chests at forums like they are going to track their cars.
            The two quarts isn't that expensive and if you are going to burn up tires and cause other expenses to your vehicle , that cost to an 80K car so what is the mear additional expense of 2 quarts of oil. Tracking a vehicle is expensive and if one can not afford 2 quarts of oil they should stop whining and stay off the track. How bout a little cheese with that whine. The cheese is cheaper than tranny fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post
              I agree with you that a customer buying the Z51 package for 5000 smackers should have all of the transmission fluid installed before delivery.

I was gonna have my dealer add the fluid for me before delivery. I thought they just had to remove the trunk cover panel and pour it in. Do you have any idea how expensive the fluid and labor is?

I just looked up the fluid in the C8 Track Prep document but it does not even list the fluid, only saying under Recommended Fluids and Lubricants, "See your dealer". Although I have seen the spec somehwhere at MECF.

What struck me more is the need to R&R the brake fluid before and after every track session in the same Track Prep manual.
              I’m simply stating it’s a big job for the average guy to take apart all that needs to be taken off & re-installed to add the 2 quarts of additional Transmission fluid , I think if you order the Z51 package ( which is a track version) the 2 quarts should be factory installed. I’m sure it’s probably $400-500 charge from dealership, which IRDC about , just simply stating I think it should already be in the transmission, / & I’ve worked on SLM racecars my whole life. It’s a little different doing this to a Brand new C8 in your garage

Comment

So does that mean if the car will never be tracked again, the 2 quarts of fluid needs to drained? Is there a problem with leaving the extra 2 quarts in the transmission? Also, should the extra 2 quarts be added at the recommended 7500 mile fluid change if the car is not to be tracked?

Comment

Alrighty then.
                  1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                  2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by TexasME View Post
                    So does that mean if the car will never be tracked again, the 2 quarts of fluid needs to drained? Is there a problem with leaving the extra 2 quarts in the transmission? Also, should the extra 2 quarts be added at the recommended 7500 mile fluid change if the car is not to be tracked?
                    There is no issue/problem with leaving the 2 extra quarts of DCT in the car as long as you wish.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X