MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

1LTStripped Sells for $77,300 On EBay. 30 Percent over MSRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all states charge sales tax on private sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
      If I had a billion, I wouldn't permanently lock in a 30% loss on a depreciating asset. Goes against my grain. You would think somebody that is willing to pay 30% over MSRP for a car would have had the desire and foresight to order it early from a dealer for MSRP.
      if you had a billion, a $70k car would be an expense, not an asset. We view money from our fiscal points of view. The more wealth or income we have, the more comfortable we are spending it in ways that folks with less money would perceive as stupid or wasteful.

I don't have a clue about what the buyer was thinking or what he was planning to spend his money on if he didn't buy the vette. Like you, i wouldn't pay 30% over MSRP. But, I know others who think it is insane to pay $90k for loaded HTC at MSRP, which is what my C8 will cost, when I could buy a decked out miata or nice used C7 for half that price.
      Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

Each of us has walked through hell to get where we are, starting with a deposit almost a year ago. My car is almost made, its a $59,000 1LT, and I would not take $100,000 for it. Why would I want to start over?

Comment

Well noted. The soon coming to your C8 is such an amazing car. You will be beyond yourself once you walk up to it the first time, even more astounded when your first drive it.

And yours will give you as much C8 pleasure for the lowest price. Nicely done Will!!!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
            if you had a billion, a $70k car would be an expense, not an asset. We view money from our fiscal points of view. The more wealth or income we have, the more comfortable we are spending it in ways that folks with less money would perceive as stupid or wasteful.
            Disagree some. From what I've read, "billionaires" are generally thrifty and thats one of the reasons they are rich. Lotsa examples. Don't believe many spend their money on "stupid or wasteful" things.
            Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2020, 06:57 PM. Reason: parentheses

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
              My car is almost made, its a $59,000 1LT
              likewise...won't be long now 👈
              Click image for larger version

Name:	sr.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	712.9 KB
ID:	148280

Comment

Originally posted by LJT View Post
                Not all states charge sales tax on private sales.
                Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon? Where was this trade? Moulton, Alabama? Guess it is a "private sale".
                Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

I don't have a clue about what the buyer was thinking or what he was planning to spend his money on if he didn't buy the vette. Like you, i wouldn't pay 30% over MSRP. But, I know others who think it is insane to pay $90k for loaded HTC at MSRP, which is what my C8 will cost, when I could buy a decked out miata or nice used C7 for half that price.
                  Anyone thinking it insane to pay 90K for a decked out HTC , ain't paying attention. A miata, really. I wouldn't give 10 cents in Chinese money for one of those and they are great cars, for a girl. But I would not want a miata in my garage.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_041435.png
Views:	122
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	148355
                    I am seeing some insane prices on C8's sold on Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                      I really hate seeing people get over MSRP for a C8.
                      pay to play 💚
                      Last edited by C8Jake; 05-24-2020, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Yes the seller is in Moulton, Alabama. If the buyer were in Nevada, there is no sales tax on a private sale/purchase. Not sure about other states for a private sale/purchase.

Comment

Good for them. Mine should be on there in a week or so, hoping for 85-90.
                          Too many Vettes to count....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X