MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

1LTStripped Sells for $77,300 On EBay. 30 Percent over MSRP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1LTStripped Sells for $77,300 On EBay. 30 Percent over MSRP

    A stripped no optioned 1LT White /Red seats just sold for 30 PCT over MSRP at $77,300 on Ebay

  • #2
    WIN / WIN for Both

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
      WIN / WIN for Both
      I really hate seeing people get over MSRP for a C8 . But, I also feel for those that are in a different financial situation than before The Corona with a C8 on order and thinking about cancelling a near future C8 for financial reasons. Myself, I am a little disgruntled that I am getting my 2020 C8 right before the 2021s are out , so, I may go the ebay route and get back in line, so that I save face with my dealer. Even if I sell close to MSRP , Just a thought

      Comment


      • #4
        Can I talk to your privately about your order. I can help you 'save face' with your dealer. As long as your order isn't locked in with LBR or Shadow Gray - or a 3LT.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

          I really hate seeing people get over MSRP for a C8 . But, I also feel for those that are in a different financial situation than before The Corona with a C8 on order and thinking about cancelling a near future C8 for financial reasons. Myself, I am a little disgruntled that I am getting my 2020 C8 right before the 2021s are out , so, I may go the ebay route and get back in line, so that I save face with my dealer. Even if I sell close to MSRP , Just a thought
          ... and I'm in a different space.

          I want to place my Order, but I don't need the frustration and aggravation. Back in September of 1998, I ordered my C5 and I still didn't get my car until April of 1999. That was aggravating back then, but more the 20 years later it's now normal.

          In the end, I'll likely give a dealer my $1000 for a 2021 and they'll collect interest on my money for most of a year while I wait in line like everyone else.

          The things we do for a GD Car, you'd think it was a Women 😂 ... well ... maybe better.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

            ... and I'm in a different space.

            I want to place my Order, but I don't need the frustration and aggravation. Back in September of 1998, I ordered my C5 and I still didn't get my car until April of 1999. That was aggravating back then, but more the 20 years later it's now normal.

            In the end, I'll likely give a dealer my $1000 for a 2021 and they'll collect interest on my money for most of a year while I wait in line like everyone else.

            The things we do for a GD Car, you'd think it was a Women 😂 ... well ... maybe better.
            I don't know you can compare a car to a woman , or can you. Some are high maintenance, some are not. Some give you years of pleasure. And , others not so much. I could go on. lol

            Comment


            • #7
              If I had a billion, I wouldn't permanently lock in a 30% loss on a depreciating asset. Goes against my grain. You would think somebody that is willing to pay 30% over MSRP for a car would have had the desire and foresight to order it early from a dealer for MSRP.

              That car wouldn't meet my needs anyway. I gotta have 2lt, carbon flash wheels, transparent roof on a Blade Silver C8. I would not buy that 1lt stripped car for 30% under MSRP. Notwithstanding his "financial situation", the owner will probably be embarrassed to say what he paid for it. If he earned the money he paid, he's gotta feel it was kinda foolish and that will hang over his "enjoyment" of the car.

              Maybe I should email him about a "great deal" on my 2014 2lt C7 that I plan to trade in for my C8. I'll let it go now for $75G cash plus a "small" handling fee.

              Comment


              • #8
                I did not purchase my C8 as an investment but things are starting to look positive that 2020 value prices are going to increase sooner that one would ever expect.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Short term market. As soon as chumps like me get my 2020 1LT car, there will be many more thousands out there and the value will be under MSRP. And....the 2021’s will be produced a month later . Such is life

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For reference, here’s a link to the auction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-Chevro...p2047675.l2557
                    Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                    Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                    Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                      If I had a billion, I wouldn't permanently lock in a 30% loss on a depreciating asset. Goes against my grain. You would think somebody that is willing to pay 30% over MSRP for a car would have had the desire and foresight to order it early from a dealer for MSRP.

                      That car wouldn't meet my needs anyway. I gotta have 2lt, carbon flash wheels, transparent roof on a Blade Silver C8. I would not buy that 1lt stripped car for 30% under MSRP. Notwithstanding his "financial situation", the owner will probably be embarrassed to say what he paid for it. If he earned the money he paid, he's gotta feel it was kinda foolish and that will hang over his "enjoyment" of the car.

                      Maybe I should email him about a "great deal" on my 2014 2lt C7 that I plan to trade in for my C8. I'll let it go now for $75G cash plus a "small" handling fee.
                      Most that work for a living would not pay 30 pct over MSRP. But to those where money has no meaning. Well, he probably wanted that car more than he needed the 77,300.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        THAts cool...Good to see a few guys willing to drop crazy money for a 60 grand car just o have it first.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

                          Most that work for a living would not pay 30 pct over MSRP. But to those where money has no meaning. Well, he probably wanted that car more than he needed the 77,300.
                          Yea, I'm thinking its beyond the money part. If he socializes with Corvette/car enthusiasts and tells folks how he got the car and what he paid, he ain't gonna get much respect. I for one think what he did was stupid even if money has no meaning to him. Now if it turns out he borrowed money to do it he's even a bigger idiot.
                          Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2020, 03:35 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If MSRP = $60,000 + $100 doc fee + sales tax 9% = $5409 = $65,509. $77,300 less $65,509 = $11,791 max profit. Less registration fees, less maybe shipping from original dealer to first buyer. I would not sell it for less.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LJT View Post
                              If MSRP = $60,000 + $100 doc fee + sales tax 9% = $5409 = $65,509. $77,300 less $65,509 = $11,791 max profit. Less registration fees, less maybe shipping from original dealer to first buyer. I would not sell it for less.
                              Sure, somebody did OK. After the "sales tax 9%" on 60,000 the orig owner paid, the new owner then paid (9% ?) sales tax on the purchase price of $77,300. Dumb deal. Hope there was caveat emptor.
                              Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2020, 05:11 PM.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X