MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Tire Swap at Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Swap at Delivery

Have a Z51 HTC on order with the original TPW of 4/6.

I would prefer to have All season tires.

Has anyone asked the dealer to swap the summer for all season prior to delivery.

Was the dealer willing to swap/exchange for you and how much did he charge? Will he take back the summer tires for credit or did you end up with two sets of tires?

i am sure that this varies on a dealer by dealer basis but would like with forum members.

Thanks

If I had to venture a guess for most Dealers, they will change out the tires and then ask you where you want the removed Summer tires to be sent.
    I would ask your dealer on how he would handle this.
    If he gave you any credit on the removed tires you should be happy. His only recourse would be to sell your removed tires as used.
    How much would you pay for used tires.
    Oh, he will then give you a bill for the labor and new tires at his normal dealership pricing.
    I will run my Summer tires until they need replacing and then replace them with the all season type.
    B&B

Comment

Agree with B&B on this, I swapped out my summer tires for all seasons on my C7 Z51 and they are a different ride. I like them

Comment

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
        Have a Z51 HTC on order with the original TPW of 4/6.

I would prefer to have All season tires.

Has anyone asked the dealer to swap the summer for all season prior to delivery.

Was the dealer willing to swap/exchange for you and how much did he charge? Will he take back the summer tires for credit or did you end up with two sets of tires?

i am sure that this varies on a dealer by dealer basis but would like with forum members.

Thanks
        I would imagine the dealer would not want the summer tires on your car as they would be considered used. Unless he is giving you a very healthy trade in against his extremely marked up price that dealers charge for tires . Your best bet would be to go to a tire store , document that your tires are new that you took off the car if you are to resell them . Or just keep them . For summer use. This all depends on your individual dealer's policy. All dealers will work differently on this matter. I have never bought tires from a dealer.way over what you can buy them from Tire Rack or another discount tire source.

Comment

Try listing the summer tires in the ‘Vehicles and Parts For Sale, Want to Buy or Trade‘ section. Maybe someone that’s local to you may be interested.
          Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
          Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
          Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

In 2015 I took delivery of a C7 Z06 with the track package which included Cup 2 tires. After 1500 miles I decided to switch to Pilot SS tires because I don't track my car. But I wanted all the other goodies that came with the track package. My dealer charged me the standard labor rate to swap, balance, and mount the tires but my salesman knew a guy who tracked his Z06 and was always looking for spare Cup2s. He called the guy and he met me at the shop and took the Cup2s as they were pulled off my car and wrote me a check for $1300. Worked out well for me.

Comment

Ralph you only drive your Corvettes from May through October. Why bother

Comment

I wanted a set of all season tires for my C7 to safely extend the driving season into the late fall, early Spring, and to have the option of leaving iVermont n mid winter for a extended trip to the sun.

So my strategy was, buy the car with the supplied summer tires, and base, no extra cost, silver wheels. I ordered a set of rotary forged aftermarket wheels, all season tires, and TPMS sensors from a discount tire store in my area. They mounted the tires on the new wheels.

On the day I took delivery of the car, October 31, I did a pit stop at the tire store and had the tires/wheels swapped over to the all seasons.

That winter season, I had the original equipment summer tires and TPMS removed, and had the stock wheels gloss powder coated a different color, then had everything re-mounted.

I now enjoy two sets of tires and wheels, and do a swap over twice a year, at Memorial day and mid September.

Comment

The summer high performance tires on the c8 are not cup2 tires.

Fwiw and its just a suggestion based off of my own experiences over the years the non cup 2 tires are ok in cooler weather.

I will run the 4s tires for the first year and give you guys feedback as its my expectation many are working a little too hard to replace these 4s tires especially if they dont drive in snow..

ill follow up as I take deluvery in I think august or september and then drive through the first winter..

should be worth a few laughs and lend future insight to others

after these tires wear out and ill get a second set of snow tires and summer tires so there is value to proper tires for the different seasons.
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                    Ralph you only drive your Corvettes from May through October. Why bother
                    Want to put a snowplow kit on my C8 Vert.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X