MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

2020 engine appearance package where to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 engine appearance package where to buy

my car came in with out engine package where can i get parts to install sam?

There will be a few aftermarket places I am sure in the near future for discounted parts. You may want to check with your dealer for GM part. Did you order it and not get it as your post indicates?

Comment

Just my opinion, but $995.00 for what you're actually getting is a little much.

Comment

Think about it, GM is charging $995 to Paint an entire Car LBR and SOT, and then the same about of money for just the Exterior Color Ascent or a Engine Package.

I don't know, maybe it's just the cheapskate in me ...
        πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
          Think about it, GM is charging $995 to Paint an entire Car LBR and SOT, and then the same about of money for just the Exterior Color Ascent or a Engine Package.

πŸ˜‚
          It was expensive , no question. But I wanted the factory lights in the engine area, and the carbon fiber looks good in the engine bay. I just figured I would get it and be done with it. I am going to look for the power source for the lights so I can install a switch , might do that Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post

It was expensive , no question. But I wanted the factory lights in the engine area, and the carbon fiber looks good in the engine bay. I just figured I would get it and be done with it. I am going to look for the power source for the lights so I can install a switch , might do that Sunday.

I'll probably do the same thing, after all, when you spend $80k what's another $995 πŸ˜‚ it's just me being cheep

Comment

I'll probably do the same thing, after all, when you spend $80k what's another $995 πŸ˜‚ it's just me being cheep
              Last I checked, $995 is still $995.
              Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
              Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
              Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

πŸ˜‚
                They are charging that in addition to what they already added into the price of the car for the tint clearcoat. I know there are folks PPF'ing their car and ceramic coating, so I talked with one of the local high end paint shops here in Miami and like GM says in the owner manual, That those things are not recommended. Especially the LBR and SOT colors having the extra tint coat applied. Just putting it out there.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

I added engine appearance package (along with several other options). Liked the lights/carbon & since mid-engine is so prominent, really looks super at night! Think Chevy Dude posted pic on his Instagram & it was killer! Heck I paid $700 for a photo album of car being built sold by museum. Still on fence about PPF/Ceramic, not the cost, just read eventually both have to be replaced & can be PITA.
                  Last edited by EL VIEJO; 05-25-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I went ahead and got the engine appearance package. I wanted it from the factory and not something aftermarket and you get the lights. Worth it to me
                    On order 2020 C8 Torch Red, 3LT, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Black Interior w/ Red Stitching

3000 Status on 3/17/2020

Comment

I love the appearance package. Difficult for me to place an absolute price/value calculation this particular package on such an awesome car at such a great overall value.
                      Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

Ok one last //Rant//

Why does it cost ME and extra $995 to paint the (2) Front, Rear and Side accent pieces ... really, can’t that be painted at the same time as the rest of the Car.

//Rant off//

Hope everyone has a safe and great Memorial Weekend ... Remember the Purpose First, then have a toast to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro19 View Post
                          I went ahead and got the engine appearance package. I wanted it from the factory and not something aftermarket and you get the lights. Worth it to me
                          My thoughts as well - well worth it.
                          Upcoming Vette:
                          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, 3400 Status on March 10, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Ok one last //Rant//

Why does it cost ME and extra $995 to paint the (2) Front, Rear and Side accent pieces ... really, can’t that be painted at the same time as the rest of the Car.

//Rant off//

Hope everyone has a safe and great Memorial Weekend ... Remember the Purpose First, then have a toast to them.
                            Here is a video of the plant if you haven't seen it. Thanks to jagamajajaran

Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post

Last I checked, $995 is still $995.
                              No, it's $1,374.82. Oh Canada ... lalalala
                              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                              Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X