MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA’s Next Weeks Production Schedule According To A Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    I have full in Kai and the entire BGA team. They will build them as fast as they can but not too fast to insure they are built right.
    And that, my friend, you can take to the bank! Best post of the thread!

Comment

Thanks Jag. However it's still an opinion as valuable as mine. Don't ask my wife!
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
        Thanks Jag. However it's still an opinion as valuable as mine. Don't ask my wife!
        LOL

Now, you should know me well enough to know that what I post is not just an opinion. I always have a basis unless I tell you something I say is pure speculation. That's all I can say.

Comment

Guys, didn't I see somewhere last week or so, that the Mexican (head man/president) decided that because of the virus, Mexican auto plants can not open until June 1 at earliest? If I'm wrong I deeply apologize for giving bad info. Thought for sure I saw that though.
          2020 C8 Stingray Coupe; 2LT; G1E-LBR Metallic / HUV-Natural; AQ9-GT1 Seats; EFY; SHQ-Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; J6N-Edge Red Calipers; RCC-Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; BV4=DR X 2020 C8 ME STINGRAY GNOCC member. 3000 status=TPW 4-27-20.

Comment

This thread comparing pizza to building a corvette...
            not all pizza have the same amount on ingredients!
            Not all pizza I bake the same way! Not all pizzas come with chrome olives or leather cases..

to bring this up on this forum is kind of insulting to the hard employees... if you cannot Waite .. trade your order in for $60,000 plus Pizzas

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

LOL

Now, you should know me well enough to know that what I post is not just an opinion. I always have a basis unless I tell you something I say is pure speculation. That's all I can say.
              I wasn't referencing you Jeremy. It was QJC that I was talking about. I have a lot more confidence in what you say.

Comment

my new TPW 6/22 can't wait

Comment

I believe that startup in Week 1 will be slow, however, if they can't build more than 100 a week, that plant won't generate ANY cash for GM. 1000*40*$75.00= $3M, or $30,000 per car. That can't last long or GM will just shut the whole works down. They need to get to at least 72 per day or 400+ per week, or everybody in Bowling Green is going on a LONG vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                    I believe that startup in Week 1 will be slow
                    stands to reason 🙄
                    Last edited by C8Jake; 05-24-2020, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                      I believe that startup in Week 1 will be slow, however, if they can't build more than 100 a week, that plant won't generate ANY cash for GM. 1000*40*$75.00= $3M, or $30,000 per car. That can't last long or GM will just shut the whole works down. They need to get to at least 72 per day or 400+ per week, or everybody in Bowling Green is going on a LONG vacation.
                      As I recall they started in February at 6 per hour and got up to 9 per hour. (I could be wrong).
                      GM has contracts with dealers for cars. They WILL fulfill those orders. They might have to be come 2021 orders in some way, but they won't shut down BG.

Comment

As I've said before and as others have, Suppliers have to meet the parts need for the corvettes to keep the production running smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Njfisherman View Post
                          Suppliers have to meet the parts need to keep production running
                          states the obvious 🙄
                          Last edited by C8Jake; 05-25-2020, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post

Don't agree with this post Madratt. In this day n age when I can track my pizza delivery up to the minute, amazon deliveries to the number of stops pending,
                            expecting car delivery transparency is not too much to ask.

We all want transparency, at least the OCD types like me
                            Good or bad, at least you know where you are in the order and delivery process and can plan accordingly.
                            As long as you understand that tpw's can and do change. Your car may have been scheduled for (random date) 6/1, but you ordered the transparent roof and the supplier of that component had an equipment malfunction which is going to delay shipping of those roofs for 3 weeks - so your tpw changes. Then there's another issue with, oh, red painted calipers, so you get delayed again.

Building a car with parts from 100 suppliers or more is a lot more complicated than getting a bottle of bleach shipped from Amazon or a pizza delivered in 30 minutes. The pizza place isn't likely to run out of pepperoni in between the time you order and the time they start making your pizza.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X