MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA’s Next Weeks Production Schedule According To A Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    We thank “QCJ” for the following.
    UPDATE: Later on he is explicit that this is not an official prediction but one he himself made FWIW.
    Who is QCJ? I don't want or care for the name, but is it a GM employee of some kind?
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

If you don't want or care for a TPW, don't ask and don't look.
      I want some idea if I will get a 2020, a 2021 or any C8 before a year has past since my order went in! It's an indicator. Nothing more and nothing less. The closer the TPW gets the more accurate it gets.
      A dealer will always say what you want to hear within reason. He's a salesman. Give me a TPW.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Im not sure if this current but what I used for many years .. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4055.PNG
Views:	355
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	148178
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

How many orders were at 3000 or above at the time of the shutdown? 5,000? 8,000? 10,000?

Reducing the above estimates down to 9 or 10 cars per hour with a second shift would still point to more 2020 orders being accepted, unless there are more than 10k orders at 3000.
          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

I was thinking that 100 cars a day was too good to be true when pre shutdown was 70ish. I guess we are back to the guessing, wishing, hoping, speculating, assuming, and praying we were at last January. I’ll believe I have a C8 when I see it in my driveway.
            Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

It's all going to boil down to the degree of "supplier disruption" that BGA may or may not experience during this restart!!! Many weeks ago Kai mentioned in his teleconference call with the Museum that no domestic producer of automobiles could restart production until the government of Mexico allowed their manufacturing to restart. There have been several reports of just when Mexican manufacturing restarted but Daimler Benz in Alabama restarted production over three weeks ago but shut down all of this week because of lack of Mexican parts. As reported in Automotive News last week, not only is there a question of Tier 1 vendors being able to reliably supply parts, but the real unknown question is with Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers! I believe that BGA wisely restarted one week later than other GM assembly plants to allow their vendor suppliers to better stabilize their Corvette part's supply. So far "constraints" have not played a (major) roll in C8 production. IMO, they may raise their ugly head during this restart forcing many of our cars to either be further delayed or for us to make choices we'd rather not make!!!!! (been there, done that!)
              GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Looks like my car #3085 may come off the line next Friday

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                  Looks like my car #3085 may come off the line next Friday
                  If "QCJ"s personal opinion is accurate.

Comment

I too feel the frustration that many of you have waiting for your C8. I also believe that GM could be doing a better job in communicating with it’s loyal customers even if there isn’t much information to be provided through this process. Such as”To all of our loyal Corvette customers. As we continue to work through these unprecedented times we want you to know we are doing all we can to make our facilities safe for all of our workers and working very hard behind the scenes to get restarted on building the most anticipated cars if all time. Please know that you are important to us and we hope to be building and delivering your new corvette as soon as possible”

No need for estimated timelines or dates they will be starting production but just letting all of us that have been waiting months, or even years in some cases, know that is as customers.

I own my own company and in no way can compare to the size and structure of a company like General Motors but I have been blessed to have continued my business with little to no interruption before during and hopefully after this virus slows down. I have been able to keep between 135-150 Suppliers and Sub-Contractors working with no virus related incidents to the workers or their Families. The materials that we use come from over 100 different manufacturers all over world. I have to coordinate timelines and due dates with all of my Client’s. They have my personal cell number and they know they can call me 24 hours a day seven days a week and I promise to get back with them within twenty fours hours or less.

I have been doing this for the last 19 years and have just recently(less than 2 years ago) added my first full time employee.

I feel very fortunate to keep this many people working and not have to be on unemployment.

Even when we cannot make the deadlines for my client’s homes or office buildings I stay in contact with them and assure them we are doing all we can to get their project completed. Just letting them know this helps eliminate some frustration. Just good business.

Comment

It is interesting that he says "APX Online Now" is 2742 to 2924 - which suggests the line holds 182 vehicles - I am not sure we knew that before. Someone should ask him what the "added to the line" actually means - start of chassis? start of body?

Comment

May have missed it, but I didn't see anyone mention that historically they close down the line for 2 weeks around July 4th. If that is still going to happen I suppose you have to re-clean, re-train and slowly start up again. That will make July a much smaller production month than June. Personally I wish Chic fil A could start building cars!
                        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Friends, as John updated in the OP, this chart was created by someone with an order and not by anyone from GM. Furthermore, expect a very slow ramp up with a lot of safety training and a methodical re-start of production during the first week or two. First week of production will be very limited and my guess is that we'd be lucky if we see any more than 100 built during the first week...and possibly even fewer than this. There are MANY variables in play, so don't be surprised by a very slow start up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                            they shut down for 2 weeks around July 4th
                            NOT this summer
                            Last edited by C8Jake; 05-23-2020, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I would think that GM would want to ramp up production and deliver vehicles as soon as possible to bring in as much 2020 revenue as they can. They have shareholders and a Board of Directors to answer to. I assume, as others have said, that the availability of parts from suppliers is the major impediment to that.

I would also think that delivering one Corvette instead of 5 Chevy Sparks would be better (more profitable) for the bottom line. That is why I was surprised in the delay in reopening the Bowling Green plant while other plants were opening earlier. Again, I am guessing supplier problems.

However, when parts availability is no longer an issue I would think they would try to get to maximum production capability as soon as possible. If that means a second or even a third shift as long as suppliers can keep up, so be it. If that involves overtime or transferring production employees in from other plants I would think they would look at that too

I doubt any other model has the pent up demand that the C8 has. Also, more C8's on the road is great advertising for GM. Although we follow the C8 news and information closely, most people are unaware this car even exists. As many people who already have a C8 have said, people often look at their C8 and ask what it is.

The passing of time has resulted in many orders lost to GM. Whether it is because of death, job loss, divorce, financial issues, someone's change of mind, or any other reason those are sales that have been lost and many of those sales opportunities for GM may never come back. There have to be people in high places at GM looking at exactly that and figuring out the best way to move forward to deliver the most cars and please the most people.

Just my opinions, spoken as another person patiently waiting, stuck at 3000!

Until then I will be polishing my license plate to have it ready!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4858 (4).JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	148364

Comment

BGA reopens with 1-shift, unknown when 2-shift schedule resumes.
                                Layoffs based on INVERSE SENIORITY CANVASS.
                                Mandatory masks/safety glasses + temps taken before entering - use of fans NOT permitted, workers responsible for sanitizing their tools.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1590130637002.thumb.jpg.0f119612dfe1deb2133856397d163532.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	148366

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X