MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA’s Next Weeks Production Schedule According To A Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW the things you miss by going to bed at a decent time! lol.
    So, as I surmised they will start at 6 cars per hour. But what is shocking is they will then go to 12.5 cars per hour! Cool!
    48 / 8 = 6
    100 / 8 = 12.5
    Seems the parts supplies will still hold up the second shift from starting.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
      And this is why communicating TPW’s is not always the best course of action. Last I checked, ‘TPW’ stands for Target Production Week. And what do targets do? They move. That is why it’s referred to as TPW and not PPW (Promised Production Week). GM may have seen a strike coming, but they can’t predict the duration. And GM certainly couldn’t predict a pandemic. So yes, like you, I ordered my C8 in 2019. Are the delays frustrating? Yes. Can we do anything about them besides wait it out? Not really. Best to just go with flow, and when our cars get here, they’ll be here. I’m sure they’re worth the wait! 👍
      That what I trying to say in so many words. TPW means nothing. Quit giving false hope TPW should not be at all. I have been let down by this and others have too. GM should not have this at all. The cars will be here when the get here. You should get a email when it get to the dealer that it quit guessing when it coming off the line. The dealers should be doing more about Keeping the customers informed. They are not. That where GM and the dealers are not doing a good job. ITS the dealer job to stay on top of where your build is there not doing the job. So here we are upset at the process of buy a car. That s not right.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        100 a month with first week’s 50/day ramp up, turns about to 1,750 in June (plus 200 completed in May)

July we are hearing we could be getting a second shift. If that is confirmed, that we would be looking at about 4,000 in July, plus 4K in August, +4K in September + 4K in October +4K in October.

Wow, that would be another roughly 17,500 more 2020’s before the 2021 model year starts.. That would be shockingly nice. Even if no second shift starting in June (and we of course do not know whether that would be happening), still about another 10,000, 2020 C8’s coming.

​​​​​​
        Pretty much what my updated models indicate John. I have assumed an August 1st second shift start, 100/day/shift, backlog of 10,000 status "3000". The good news is that if there are indeed 10,000 @ "3000" status, additional ordering capacity will be possible in either a single or double shift scenario. Great news for more folks at 2000, 1100. The snapshot below is what my model indicates. Of course production volumes and second shift dates will be proven out, bit at least we're starting to get some data points to dial in the forecast.

last car built of the 10,000 "3000" backlog with 2 shifts 10-Sep
        last car built of the 10,000 "3000" backlog if only 1 shift 20-Oct
        Max build capacity with 1 shift 10,800
        Max build capacity with 2 shifts 17,200

Comment

Thank You John very much, Great Information for those of us that were left hanging with TPWs of 3/23 and near future as well as distance future. And, thank You Brad for the clarification on column three. Makes sense. Thought this was my Soduku puzzle for the day but now so obvious and apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Madratt View Post

That what I trying to say in so many words. TPW means nothing. Quit giving false hope TPW should not be at all. I have been let down by this and others have too. GM should not have this at all. The cars will be here when the get here. You should get a email when it get to the dealer that it quit guessing when it coming off the line. The dealers should be doing more about Keeping the customers informed. They are not. That where GM and the dealers are not doing a good job. ITS the dealer job to stay on top of where your build is there not doing the job. So here we are upset at the process of buy a car. That s not right.
            Don't agree with this post Madratt. In this day n age when I can track my pizza delivery up to the minute, amazon deliveries to the number of stops pending,
            expecting car delivery transparency is not too much to ask.

We all want transparency, at least the OCD types like me
            Good or bad, at least you know where you are in the order and delivery process and can plan accordingly.
            First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

Also this schedule seems a little more realistic and doable. Maybe just maybe they can actually produce more cars than the 50 a day (6.25/hr) Though to get to 100 cars a day(12.5/hr) they would need to produce more than the 11.6/ hr their normal capability. This will be a fun chart to reference going forward to actually see if they exceed their expectations or fall behind. I am betting on exceeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Madratt View Post
                TPW means nothing. Quit giving false hope TPW should not be at all. I have been let down by this and others have too. GM should not have this at all. The cars will be here when the get here. You should get a email when it get to the dealer that it quit guessing when it coming off the line. The dealers should be doing more about Keeping the customers informed. They are not. That where GM and the dealers are not doing a good job. ITS the dealer job to stay on top of where your build is there not doing the job. So here we are upset at the process of buy a car. That s not right.

I like TPWs. I look forward to hearing my new TPW in "mid-June". I don't have a problem understanding the word "tentative" or "target" so I'm not "let down" if it changes. It helps with planning when my car might arrive rather than relying on "the cars will be here when they get here". I don't need to hear from my dealer or GM. I'm getting the latest and most reliable information from MECF. This thread alone now allows those with VIN numbers to see the exact day there car is expected to be built. I'm not upset with the process. I understand the challenges.

Comment

TPWs do more than inform you of when your car might be built. It is a planning tool to coordinate parts delivery from suppliers also.

Comment

At the max, (February/March) BG was producing about 72 cars per shift. Average on C7's was 11.6 per hour which could be assembled faster than the C8.
                    Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic LT2 Coupe, black interior, Z51, FE4, carbon flash trim/wheels (chrome wheels on order), edge red calipers, carbon flash/edge red fender hash marks, carbon flash painted ground effects ...

Comment

IMPORTANT! Just came across CNBC. GM will not be able to ramp up truck production to full speed in 4 weeks as planned, because of supplier problems on parts coming from Mexico. Hope this BGA doesn't have the same problem and turn the production schedule into trash. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post

Don't agree with this post Madratt. In this day n age when I can track my pizza delivery up to the minute, amazon deliveries to the number of stops pending,

Good or bad, at least you know where you are in the order and delivery process and can plan accordingly.
                        If I tell u your Pizza will be built at 7:00 pm and I post that its change to 7:00am now hows that pizza now. Are You going to be upset. Now amazon, If you order a part from them 2 day delivery they change it to 3 weeks, What would you do? This happen to me last week. I just trying to say take care of your customers.

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondCar View Post

While I agree that we can track pizzas and Amazon deliveries, these are relatively simple logistics issues. Let's take your pizza example. When you go online to place your order all of the ingredients are on hand based on stocking and demand history. Also you are placing the order directly with the pizza factory, and not through a pizza dealership. The lead time from order to production is minutes involving very little labour and simple production facilities. So the tracking from order to delivery is standardized, well understood and rarely shifts.

What if the forecast for a pizza relied on grouping of the sold pizza orders from the pizza dealers "status 3000" in order to determine which ingredients (pepperoni, flour, mushrooms, tomato sauce etc.), and in what quantities, they then need to buy from their supply chain to fill the backlog of current pizza orders. They then have to schedule the oven runs based on the just-in-time arrival of ingredients, matched to the production capacity (this ends up being the TPWs). But what if the peppers supply is running late for the planned TPW, then they could perhaps re plan and batch all the "all meat" pizzas into a TPW in light of peppers not making it. That's why they are called "Target Production Weeks", since the orders may move around to accommodate supply chain and production optimization.

Meanwhile, we as pizza customers, call the pizza dealers for our pizza delivery status and are directed to the Pizza concierge. We initially got a "3000" status that our pizza order was accepted and given a target date for our peppers based Pizza. Some time later we get online again with Pizza concierge only to find out that our TPW has shifted, and we think, what a bunch of clowns. They can't manage their way out of a pizza box.

The fact is that building cars with a complex just-in-time supply chain (saves money, and inventory carrying costs) requires enormous orchestration, and re-orchestration - especially in unusual circumstances like we are living. Its not simple to track, not simple to schedule, and does move around. We do in this case get to see how the sausage pizza is made.

Ok now I want a pizza, where's the pizza concierge number.....

OT
                          Last edited by OT997tt; 05-22-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Building an automobile and building a pizza are not really comparable. If I remember correctly, an automobile has something in the neighborhood of 5,000 parts. A pizza has maybe a dozen (dough, sauce, cheese, olive oil, some topings and a delivery box). Coordinating a dozen “parts” (or in this case ingredients) has nowhere the potential logistics nightmares of coordinating the just-in-time delivery of 5,000 parts. Not to mention other negative factors a 6 month to 12 month timeline could inject. You never know, UAW could go on strike, or a pandemic could hit (I know, what are the chances of those things happening?) 😉

(Edit - looks like OT997tt ^^^ beat me to the punch).
                            Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                            Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                            Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

QCJ is now adding that this is not an official chart but one made for his own use.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                                QCJ is now adding that this is not an official chart but one made for his own use.
                                make believe chart? 🙄
                                Last edited by C8Jake; 05-24-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X