MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA’s Next Weeks Production Schedule According To A Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGA’s Next Weeks Production Schedule According To A Source

We thank “QCJ” for the following. Interesting to look at the predicted daily production schedule in the fair near term.

UPDATE: Later on he is explicit that this is not an official prediction but one he himself made FWIW.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E51B8ED9-7515-4E5A-840A-DEC1642A7D3D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	148050
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks John. Looks like production starts at around 50 a day and then ramps up to 100 a day production target for the next month or so.
    Last edited by Cruisin9; 05-21-2020, 10:49 PM.
    2020 Torch Red 2LT Z51 FE4 - Status 3000 - TPW ?

Comment

Excited for our forum brothers and sisters that have been patiently waiting. Trust me when I say, your car is worth the wait!
      Vin # 2539
      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

100 a month with first week’s 50/day ramp up, turns about to 1,750 in June (plus 200 completed in May)

July we are hearing we could be getting a second shift. If that is confirmed, that we would be looking at about 4,000 in July, plus 4K in August, +4K in September + 4K in October +4K in October.

Wow, that would be another roughly 17,500 more 2020’s before the 2021 model year starts.. That would be shockingly nice. Even if no second shift starting in June (and we of course do not know whether that would be happening), still about another 10,000, 2020 C8’s coming.

​​​​​​
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I went 3000 1 day before they stopped accepting new orders so I'm probably getting built in Octoberish. Just more time to save more money! I can't wait.

Comment

Bowling Green needs a second shift. I assume that there are at least 30,000 unfilled orders for C8's. If there is only one shift producing 2,000 cars a month, then it will take 15 months to clear the backlog. Even at 20,000 unfilled orders, 10 months will take Bowling Green to next March to clear. This runs counter to the thought of Chevy taking new orders on 2021s anytime soon. Further, GM needs cash now, and it makes financial sense for them to speed up the line as much as possible as soon as possible.
            Reserved C8 July 30, 2019
            Current Corvette - 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
            Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
            Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Is that saying a two week quality hold, a one week queue for Cooper and then shipping actually starts 6/15? Is the jump to 100 a day the second shift?

Comment

Thanks for posting. I had always rough calculated that my VIN would be 4500ish. With an original TPW of 03/30 and going to 3100 status on 03/18, it seems plausible that my build week could be 06/22. Others with a 03/30 TPW have stated recently that a birdie told them 06/22. This build schedule would be congruent with that. 🤞😃
                Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

Maybe its a little early here but I think I need some clarification on what the chart shows. Moving from the left column (first column) to the right:

First column - day of the week

Second column: Date

Third column: ?? Whats that column represent?

Fourth column headed "Holiday": Specific projected dates for QC and Cooper activity?

Fifth column: What is "APX" and what do the numbers is this column represent?

Thanks!!

Comment

Are they building 2020 C8s through October or through November? I thought I read they were building 2020s through October. If that is correct that would knock the total built down to about 13,500 more cars.

Comment

I see that everybody is thinking that at 3000 with a tpw in march that put them back in line where they was. I dont think its going to be that way. I place money down on 21 of july just like everybody else. I was told on jan 23 2020 I was at 3000 and build week date 3/9/2020. then I was move to 4/20/2020. then I was move back to 3/9/2020. Then it was NO TPW at all Now who knows.
                      Nobody does. This is not the way to run a co. GM YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and quit putting your customer last in line.

Comment

Originally posted by KOPBET View Post
                        Thanks for posting. I had always rough calculated that my VIN would be 4500ish. With an original TPW of 03/30 and going to 3100 status on 03/18, it seems plausible that my build week could be 06/22. Others with a 03/30 TPW have stated recently that a birdie told them 06/22. This build schedule would be congruent with that. 🤞😃
                        I too was 3100 with TPW of 3/30 on 3/18.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                          Maybe its a little early here but I think I need some clarification on what the chart shows. Moving from the left column (first column) to the right:

First column - day of the week

Second column: Date

Third column: ?? Whats that column represent?

Fourth column headed "Holiday": Specific projected dates for QC and Cooper activity?

Fifth column: What is "APX" and what do the numbers is this column represent?

Thanks!!
                          My interpretation:

Third column - Looks like a countdown to July 1st.

The 25th is Memorial Day so that's why it is labeled "Holiday"

QC for two weeks and then release them to Cooper for transport loading. Trucks on the road starting 6/15.

"APX" - Not sure, maybe approximate? I think those are the VINs currently sitting on the line in some state of assembly.
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Thanks Brad. I guess the "big thing" is the fifth column refers to VIN numbers. That would be where the projected number of C8s built daily weekly and monthly comes from. Another thing is folks that have their VIN numbers can now see the exact day their vehicle is expected to be built!
                            Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madratt View Post
                              I see that everybody is thinking that at 3000 with a tpw in march that put them back in line where they was. I dont think its going to be that way. I place money down on 21 of july just like everybody else. I was told on jan 23 2020 I was at 3000 and build week date 3/9/2020. then I was move to 4/20/2020. then I was move back to 3/9/2020. Then it was NO TPW at all Now who knows.
                              Nobody does. This is not the way to run a co. GM YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and quit putting your customer last in line.
                              And this is why communicating TPW’s is not always the best course of action. Last I checked, ‘TPW’ stands for Target Production Week. And what do targets do? They move. That is why it’s referred to as TPW and not PPW (Promised Production Week). GM may have seen a strike coming, but they can’t predict the duration. And GM certainly couldn’t predict a pandemic. So yes, like you, I ordered my C8 in 2019. Are the delays frustrating? Yes. Can we do anything about them besides wait it out? Not really. Best to just go with flow, and when our cars get here, they’ll be here. I’m sure they’re worth the wait! 👍
                              Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                              Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                              Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X