MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Today’s “Corvette Today” Podcast

Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance.  Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster.  All this for about the same cost as a "big box" insurance company. OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company.  Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too wish there was more content, the photos in my book are acceptable (Not great). My main beef is the quality of the book and the paper itself or lack thereof along with the poor substance in the pictures themselves.

Comment

[QUOTE=corvette1953;n148374]
      Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
      Here are 20 photos from the photo album of my build. Two of the photos in my book were a little blurry, with one of those being of the car coming off the line. Sure, I wish all of the photos would have been perfect, but overall, I'm super pleased with the book as it documents the build of my 2020 Corvette.

Thanks for posting your photos.
      Having yours as a benchmark for a proper album I will also now ask for a refund.
      I had contacted the Museum and was given an explanation, but now seeing your album the explanation was a just an excuse for shoddy photography/work.
      My pictures are basically the same locations but un-clear/blurry compared to yours.
      You would think they must take several shots at each pre determined location, then cherry pick the best for the album, the photos included in my album were the pits not the cherries.
      Someone didn't care at all about what going on, what they were capturing in the photos, or the choosing of the photos placed in the album. This moment in my Corvettes history is lost for all time thanks to someone who didn't care.
      I'm sorry you've had this experience with your photo album. It makes me sad as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Baja 405 View Post
        I too wish there was more content, the photos in my book are acceptable (Not great). My main beef is the quality of the book and the paper itself or lack thereof along with the poor substance in the pictures themselves.
        I am also sorry you are not pleased.

Differently, I was looking through our 2015 NCM photo album the other day and the leather bound book is beautiful. Its pictures captured actual and major moments during the build (I was there with Jeremy W on my Buyers Tour when they were taken).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post
          My major complaint with the results of Jag's album was it was only half a build, starting around where the chassis meets the body. Where's all the good stuff like installation of the suspension, engine/drivetrain etc.
          Your post caused me to pause to do a comparison of the photo album of my 2017 Grand Sport and my 2020 Stingray. I noticed a couple of things relative to your post.

1) In my 2017 Grand Sport photo album, there are two photo settings that are not included in my 2020 Stingray album. One is of the engine coming down the engine dress line and the other is of the engine being added to the drive train assembly. I do not know why there are no photos of the engine being dressed now, but I do know that the engine dress line is an entirely new assembly line, which I have personally seen and which may be prohibitive in getting proper photos.

2) In my 2020 Stingray photo album, there are eight photos of the body and chassis before the body/chassis marriage and three photos of the body/chassis marriage itself. While there are no photos of the assembly of the chassis, the album doesn't start around where the chassis meets the body. I do agree that it would have been nice to have a couple of chassis assembly photos.

Because of this thread, I also decided to do a side by side comparison of my 2017 and 2020 photo albums. There are a couple of noteworthy items in the side-by-side comparison.

1) The 2017 album is approximately 1/4 inch larger on all sides, but the pages in both are only slightly shorter.

2) The padded leather cover on the 2017 album is nicer than the cover on the 2020 album.

3) The paper quality seems to be the same, with the 2017 paper only being a little more glossy and the 2020 paper being a little more matte.

I went back to the NCM's Photo Album website page and noticed that it still describes the book as a "padded leather album with high quality stitching details" and will contact the NCM about this so that it is corrected. Other than that, based on the description below, I got what I paid for and I'm satisfied.

Each 15″ x 12″ leather bound album is created with the highest quality photo paper preserved in a padded leather album with high quality stitching detail and includes:
          • 20 plus pages of text and photos devoted to capture your Corvette’s build process
          • Letter of authenticity
          • Letter from the GM Bowling Green Assembly Plant Manager and the National Corvette Museum’s Executive Director
          • Back page autograph area for memorable moments/events.

The National Corvette Museum reserves the right and has full discretion when selecting photographs that describe and showcase the build process for your photo album.

And finally, here are a couple of comparison photos for reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_111802.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	148411Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_111658.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	148412

Comment

I talked about a light at the end of a long tunnel with BGA getting ready to open in a few days and 2020 production being extended out to October. It seemed finally maybe things were moving in the right direction. Now the Photo Album..I couldn't do the Museum delivery so when I read about the album I talked to young lady at the museum and decided to go with the album..I even got in touch with Shane and he was able to verify I was in a group of 10 for our particular TPW week...So maybe if my car doesn't go down the line until late September they will have gotten enough complaints to fix this...

Comment

[QUOTE=jagamajajaran;n148410]

Your post caused me to pause to do a comparison of the photo album of my 2017 Grand Sport and my 2020 Stingray. I noticed a couple of things relative to your post.

1) In my 2017 Grand Sport photo album, there are two photo settings that are not included in my 2020 Stingray album. One is of the engine coming down the engine dress line and the other is of the engine being added to the drive train assembly. I do not know why there are no photos of the engine being dressed now, but I do know that the engine dress line is an entirely new assembly line, which I have personally seen and which may be prohibitive in getting proper photos.

2) In my 2020 Stingray photo album, there are eight photos of the body and chassis before the body/chassis marriage and three photos of the body/chassis marriage itself. While there are no photos of the assembly of the chassis, the album doesn't start around where the chassis meets the body. I do agree that it would have been nice to have a couple of chassis assembly photos.

Because of this thread, I also decided to do a side by side comparison of my 2017 and 2020 photo albums. There are a couple of noteworthy items in the side-by-side comparison.

1) The 2017 album is approximately 1/4 inch larger on all sides, but the pages in both are only slightly shorter.

2) The padded leather cover on the 2017 album is nicer than the cover on the 2020 album.

3) The paper quality seems to be the same, with the 2017 paper only being a little more glossy and the 2020 paper being a little more matte.

I went back to the NCM's Photo Album website page and noticed that it still describes the book as a "padded leather album with high quality stitching details" and will contact the NCM about this so that it is corrected. Other than that, based on the description below, I got what I paid for and I'm satisfied.

THANK You Again JAG:

There is definitely a difference in the 2020 album vs the others you have, a real drop in quality. I received an email from the Museum telling me there would be a delay as the printer was having difficulty in getting materials, it's a shame they didn't wait longer, I am really disappointed now seeing the cover of your older book.

I need to make it clear not all of my photos are bad but more than half are.

To make something positive of this I would recommend that everyone on this forum that has received a book a drop a note to Shane at the Museum with your comments on your "baby book" good or bad also include your VIN and hopefully they can get things squared away before the next cars start coming off the line that have albums to be created, I hope that the problem can be identified and corrected this way for future albums.

A friend that looked at mine said "crappy outdated camera", "dirty lens", "shaky hands" or some combination of all 3.

Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

I want a do-over including a nice leather-bound stitched padded front. I promise this book will deteriorate in less than 2 years if people open it up regularly.

Comment

I also have a album ordered and appreciate those of you that have already received yours willing to show issues to NCM.

Comment

Also have a photo album ordered and greatly appreciate those of you who are disappointed letting Shane know of the problems. On the fence as to asking for a refund... still a quality photo album would be a nice keepsake?

Comment

When someone talks to Shane please post the response here. Thank you in advance.

Comment

I am wondering how they are doing the photography. Do they send someone out into the plant with a camera, or are there fixed cameras at each station along the line?

Comment

Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
                          The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
                          Bummer , mines awesome .

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            I am wondering how they are doing the photography. Do they send someone out into the plant with a camera, or are there fixed cameras at each station along the line?
                            They send a Photographer .

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                              Sorry those of you that purchased this are disappointed. Now I'm glad I decided against it. Hope to be taking my own pictures soon.
                              How will you take pics of your own cars assembly ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                I am wondering how they are doing the photography.
                                dude with a mobile phone? 😀

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X