MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertbruce View Post

Show us photos you are not happy with.
    As I stated in my comments...I sent the book back....there was nothing in there worth copying...I sent it back in the hopes that they would learn what is being sent out and change the process... the quality was awful and the purpose of the book was a documentary of the car build...not really...and since I ordered the full length cf racing stripe I was hoping to see the application....nope.... I am just relaying my experience, if you order the book good luck....it’s not like they get to rebuild my car...and I didn’t want this low quality book associated with my car...
    3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Sorry to hear your and other's experiences Tbob, I ordered mine based on Jeremy's photo album, which I thought was nice. I'm having second thoughts now. I'm looking forward to Baja's comments once he get his. I have plenty of time to canx if reports continue to be less than hoped.

Comment

This is surprising. I did not order the book (although I gave it some thought). Perhaps the OP’s book was a fluke, and most books are good? Perhaps the OP’s book was shot by a new, untrained photographer? If I remember correctly, Jeremy’s book looked fantastic...
        Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
        Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
        Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post

As I stated in my comments...I sent the book back....there was nothing in there worth copying...I sent it back in the hopes that they would learn what is being sent out and change the process... the quality was awful and the purpose of the book was a documentary of the car build...not really...and since I ordered the full length cf racing stripe I was hoping to see the application....nope.... I am just relaying my experience, if you order the book good luck....it’s not like they get to rebuild my car...and I didn’t want this low quality book associated with my car...
          We have also decided to contact the Museum about the album quality. Capturing the "birth' of our car is now gone forever. I have a restored black and white picture of our 1953 on the assembly line in Flint. The picture had been folded, creased, and water damaged, I cherish that one picture with a passion, I had hoped to have an album full of pictures for my family to cherish in the future, but that moment will never come.

On the bight side there is a nice full page picture of our battery after it was installed.

Save the wave and your money if contemplating the album ; my opinion only.
          Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Sad to hear that the OP is not happy with his $700 photo album of his early c8 being built.

i almost never look at photos my self along with the fact the photo album was $700 I never considered it a thing Id buy.

i guess its like any photo shoot in life....some are good and some are less than fabulous.

at least you had the excitement and the experience nit to mention a record if the build and as stated the money went to the corvette museum

my suggestion is try and take some nice photos of the vehicle now and build another album as a second edition for a few laughs...
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

I wasn't able to order the Album . I regret not being able to have one. In the off chance someone has the Album and there car was Arctic white Z51 , silver open spoke wheels, carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, and Natural 2LT... ( I know its a long shot ) ..I would love to have some camera shots of your album so I could have something close I can reprint .... showing a similar C8 as mine going down the line at the factory.. Thank You

Comment

We received our album today and I have to agree with most of the complaints posted in this thread. No real thought or plan was used to put this $700.00 monstrosity together. I would expect a product like this to come from a teenager with no marketing experience and a poor command of the English language. All in all a very low-quality product, the leather feels like plastic, the Corvette emblem is pressed paper, and the stock they use looks very low grade. I was expecting more, a lot more. My business checkbook looks to be of the same quality and I got that for free, I also expect it to last about the same time.

I know I have seen this complaint before but why can not the staff of the plant dress like they have a job. It looks like they rounded people up from under a bridge to assemble our cars (Please take offense), have some pride.

I will be waiting to hear what response you get back from the Museum and decide what to do after that.
                Last edited by Baja 405; 05-22-2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I have owned a Corvette for 2 1/2 years. In that short period of time I have learned one thing. NCM or National Corvette Museum or The National Cash Maker for the fancy building in Bowling Greene. Everything about them is donate or buy something.

Comment

Here are 20 photos from the photo album of my build. Two of the photos in my book were a little blurry, with one of those being of the car coming off the line. Sure, I wish all of the photos would have been perfect, but overall, I'm super pleased with the book as it documents the build of my 2020 Corvette.

And here's the video that shows every photo - Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05354.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	719.1 KB
ID:	148330Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05350.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	767.1 KB
ID:	148331Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05355.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	771.3 KB
ID:	148332Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05364.JPG
Size:	745.9 KB
ID:	148333Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05370.JPG
Size:	746.6 KB
ID:	148334Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05375.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	742.5 KB
ID:	148335Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05374.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	764.5 KB
ID:	148336Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05389.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	769.2 KB
ID:	148337Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05356.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	815.6 KB
ID:	148338Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05351.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	826.4 KB
ID:	148339Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05366.JPG
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	148340Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05367.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	799.6 KB
ID:	148341Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05336.JPG
Size:	867.3 KB
ID:	148342Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05341.JPG
Size:	863.8 KB
ID:	148343Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05372.JPG
Size:	800.8 KB
ID:	148344Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05360.JPG
Size:	874.6 KB
ID:	148345Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05343.JPG
Size:	869.9 KB
ID:	148346Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05373.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	830.5 KB
ID:	148347Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05359.JPG
Size:	890.2 KB
ID:	148348Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05382.JPG
Size:	897.5 KB
ID:	148349

Comment

Those are very informative and high quality pictures. Thanks Jeremy. I wish otherwise were equivalent in both regards.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thx Jag, now I know I was screwed.....hopefully my refund is processed quickly....Ray Charles could have done a better job than the people who did mine....
                        3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

For those who have received poor quality albums

Have you talked directly to Shane about this issue?

There might be better picture taken but not in the printed album.

Comment

[QUOTE=jagamajajaran;n148329]Here are 20 photos from the photo album of my build. Two of the photos in my book were a little blurry, with one of those being of the car coming off the line. Sure, I wish all of the photos would have been perfect, but overall, I'm super pleased with the book as it documents the build of my 2020 Corvette.

Thanks for posting your photos.
                            Having yours as a benchmark for a proper album I will also now ask for a refund.
                            I had contacted the Museum and was given an explanation, but now seeing your album the explanation was a just an excuse for shoddy photography/work.
                            My pictures are basically the same locations but un-clear/blurry compared to yours.
                            You would think they must take several shots at each pre determined location, then cherry pick the best for the album, the photos included in my album were the pits not the cherries.
                            Someone didn't care at all about what going on, what they were capturing in the photos, or the choosing of the photos placed in the album. This moment in my Corvettes history is lost for all time thanks to someone who didn't care.
                            Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

[QUOTE=corvette1953;n148374]
                              Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                              My pictures are blurry compared to yours.
                              probably used an iPhone 🤣

Comment

The comments I present here are not to belittle or berate the NCM, but are offered in the hope that the managers involved in the production of the Build Album will take note, and perhaps rectify the grievances that have been presented on this forum.

The first 13 years of my working life were in broadcasting, the last ten of those in television production, and whether it be a show or a commercial, we had to sell a product, or cease to exist.

Most folks do not like to be scammed or monetarily taken advantage of, whether it be $7, $70, or $700.
                                If the museum takes the attitude that a Corvette buyer is willing to spend $500 for colored calipers or seat belts, do not think that they will unquestionably spend $700 for a photo album no matter what the results are. A person that is capable of spending an average 80K on a car toy is usually affluent enough to be more discerning.

The NCM is really dropping the ball here. Properly executed, this program could be indeed very lucrative for the museum, but this laissez fair attitude will not be tolerated by the majority of Corvette buyers if the quality of the product is not professional.

Profit margin for an accepted and first class album here could easily be 60%.

Just after Jag presented his album for forum viewers to see, I'm absolutely sure sales for the album jumped. Currently I'm sure the opposite is happening.

I know I ordered ours before I saw Jag's album, and although I was disappointed in the content, it was decided to continue on with the order in hopes that by the time our car was the star of the album, the content would have improved by then.
                                But, after reading the recent comments, we have decided to cancel our order.

My major complaint with the results of Jag's album was it was only half a build, starting around where the chassis meets the body. Where's all the good stuff like installation of the suspension, engine/drivetrain etc.
                                Perhaps this is a restricted area. Don't know why, I've seen these on many You Tube videos of other marques.
                                Solution; work out a deal with GM that on a one time occasion, take file photos of a chassis being assembled as a non-Z51, and as a Z51. Then with the various colored calipers. Then when the album is assembled, these file photos are included. Might not be their car, but the presentation is accurate, and they all look the same anyways. "Too much work you say", well that's what it's going to take.

Appears the NCM is doing this the cheapest and easiest way possible. Bad thinking, as this policy will result in less albums, and less profit.

It's going to take a legitimate car person to take these photos (in focus) because they will have the understanding of what an owner would like to see as his car is being assembled.

Wish I lived in the Bowling Green area.
                                Then there would be the finest Corvette Assembly Album to ever come down the line,
                                Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                                Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                                3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X