MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
    The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build.
    wa$ted ca$h 👎
    Last edited by C8Jake; 05-21-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Well hopefully they will get better camera’s since I ordered the book also. It will probably get her before my C8. LOL!!

Comment

The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
        I got my car on March 20 through Mike Furman but just got my album yesterday! I must agree with corvette1953's comments; the photos are high school yearbook quality at best - and on the last page is the finished car - NOT!!! On the last page is a photo of the front of the BG Assembly plant!!! There is no picture of the finished car included.

The Museum advertised "Each 15″ x 12″ leather bound album is created with the highest quality photo paper preserved in a padded leather album with high quality stitching detail and includes: ..." the book is produced by Shutterfly!

Thank goodness that car is everything its been reported to be and way beyond in my opinion.

Comment

Did you guys report this and show the NCM these pictures? Maybe they can do something about it... at least discount the book you received if the quality is bad.

Comment

Sorry about your disappointment.
            There was a posting a while ago displaying the shots in their album. (believe it was Jag)
            OP seemed very pleased, I was not although the picture quality appeared to be fine, but the pictures started with the body mating to the chassis. In my opinion, half of the car's build was not presented, that being the chassis being assembled.

Am looking forward to other comments as cars start to appear again, although if I'm going to cancel my album, I probably have only about 4 weeks to do that.

Will spend the money on something else from the museum, like some nice jackets.
            Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
            Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
            3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

I share the disappointment as with the others... out of about 45 pics ten were in focus...and there was no uniqueness about the story of the car being built...it was a terrible moment when I realized how upset I was with this third class delivery....I actually requested a refund and sent the book back today....I understand it’s to raise funds for the NCM but don’t portray the book as something it’s not...it’s not professional and it’s cookie cutter at best.. to me it was worthless...
              3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Could you post one or two photos?

Comment

Someone posted their book on here and pics and story looked great to me.

Comment

Here is Jeremy’s album. How does this album compare to the ones received recently? It starts with the trim line.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...jeremy-welborn

Comment

I will be getting mine on Friday I hope. Will report back as soon as I see it.

Comment

Mine was fantastic !

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post

Sorry about your disappointment.
                          There was a posting a while ago displaying the shots in their album. (believe it was Jag)
                          OP seemed very pleased, I was not although the picture quality appeared to be fine, but the pictures started with the body mating to the chassis. In my opinion, half of the car's build was not presented, that being the chassis being assembled.

Am looking forward to other comments as cars start to appear again, although if I'm going to cancel my album, I probably have only about 4 weeks to do that.

Will spend the money on something else from the museum, like some nice jackets.
                          Mine was much better than the descriptions I see here , much better money spent than a Museum Delivery .

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
                            I share the disappointment as with the others... out of about 45 pics ten were in focus...and there was no uniqueness about the story of the car being built...it was a terrible moment when I realized how upset I was with this third class delivery....I actually requested a refund and sent the book back today....I understand it’s to raise funds for the NCM but don’t portray the book as something it’s not...it’s not professional and it’s cookie cutter at best.. to me it was worthless...
                            Show us photos you are not happy with.

Comment

Sorry those of you that purchased this are disappointed. Now I'm glad I decided against it. Hope to be taking my own pictures soon.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X