MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bowling Green Assembly line Photo Album

    The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

  • #2
    Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
    The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build.
    wa$ted ca$h 👎
    Last edited by C8Jake; 05-21-2020, 06:57 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well hopefully they will get better camera’s since I ordered the book also. It will probably get her before my C8. LOL!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
        The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
        I got my car on March 20 through Mike Furman but just got my album yesterday! I must agree with corvette1953's comments; the photos are high school yearbook quality at best - and on the last page is the finished car - NOT!!! On the last page is a photo of the front of the BG Assembly plant!!! There is no picture of the finished car included.

        The Museum advertised "Each 15″ x 12″ leather bound album is created with the highest quality photo paper preserved in a padded leather album with high quality stitching detail and includes: ..." the book is produced by Shutterfly!


        Thank goodness that car is everything its been reported to be and way beyond in my opinion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Did you guys report this and show the NCM these pictures? Maybe they can do something about it... at least discount the book you received if the quality is bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
            The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
            Sorry about your disappointment.
            There was a posting a while ago displaying the shots in their album. (believe it was Jag)
            OP seemed very pleased, I was not although the picture quality appeared to be fine, but the pictures started with the body mating to the chassis. In my opinion, half of the car's build was not presented, that being the chassis being assembled.

            Am looking forward to other comments as cars start to appear again, although if I'm going to cancel my album, I probably have only about 4 weeks to do that.

            Will spend the money on something else from the museum, like some nice jackets.
            Cape Cod Taxachusetts

            3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
            Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
            3000 TPW ????????????

            Comment


            • #7
              I share the disappointment as with the others... out of about 45 pics ten were in focus...and there was no uniqueness about the story of the car being built...it was a terrible moment when I realized how upset I was with this third class delivery....I actually requested a refund and sent the book back today....I understand it’s to raise funds for the NCM but don’t portray the book as something it’s not...it’s not professional and it’s cookie cutter at best.. to me it was worthless...
              3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

              Comment


              • #8
                Could you post one or two photos?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Someone posted their book on here and pics and story looked great to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is Jeremy’s album. How does this album compare to the ones received recently? It starts with the trim line.

                    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...jeremy-welborn

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I will be getting mine on Friday I hope. Will report back as soon as I see it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
                        The assembly line photo albums have been shipped and I would assume looked at by now. Waiting for the book was almost as painful as waiting for our car to finally arrived. Unfortunately I am somewhat disappointed with what I received. The photos were not in focus nor were most of them taken at decent locations or stages of the build. If the proceeds didn’t benefit the National Corvette Museum I would return mine. I know many people who had/have C8 Corvettes on order were unable to get one I will send you copies of pictures from mine because you can’t tell who’s Corvette your looking at. This is my opinion only.
                        Mine was fantastic !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by USCANAM View Post

                          Sorry about your disappointment.
                          There was a posting a while ago displaying the shots in their album. (believe it was Jag)
                          OP seemed very pleased, I was not although the picture quality appeared to be fine, but the pictures started with the body mating to the chassis. In my opinion, half of the car's build was not presented, that being the chassis being assembled.

                          Am looking forward to other comments as cars start to appear again, although if I'm going to cancel my album, I probably have only about 4 weeks to do that.

                          Will spend the money on something else from the museum, like some nice jackets.
                          Mine was much better than the descriptions I see here , much better money spent than a Museum Delivery .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tbob View Post
                            I share the disappointment as with the others... out of about 45 pics ten were in focus...and there was no uniqueness about the story of the car being built...it was a terrible moment when I realized how upset I was with this third class delivery....I actually requested a refund and sent the book back today....I understand it’s to raise funds for the NCM but don’t portray the book as something it’s not...it’s not professional and it’s cookie cutter at best.. to me it was worthless...
                            Show us photos you are not happy with.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry those of you that purchased this are disappointed. Now I'm glad I decided against it. Hope to be taking my own pictures soon.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X