MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA Official Schedule ✔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to be driving our HTC by July. I guess August will be okay.....

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
      I was hoping to be driving our HTC by July. I guess August will be okay.....
      Highly doubt August if you didn’t have a TPW of April 6 or there abouts before shutdown. Those HTCs would most likely be built as production for HTCs begins the w/o July 20. Add a month or so of transit and those orders will be hitting dealerships as early as mid to late August.

I originally had a dealer expected date of mid July and I have now revised that to mid October at the earliest. The plant is running 15 weeks behind its original HTC schedule (April 6 to July 20).

Keep in mind that they most likely are interspersing the building of HTCs within coupe production. So the 2000 to 2500 2020 HTCs ( my own estimate) would most likely be spread across the remaining production period which ends at the end of October. Some 2020 HTCs may only reach customers by the end of November.

I was planning on driving my HTC in July but November is what I now expect.

Comment

Originally posted by OT997tt View Post
        Some '20 HTCs may reach customers by the end of November.
        or later 😣

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcinsb View Post
          What we don't know yet is what GM may do re any MY2021 price increase and if they would impose it in my situation if I went for a 2021 now?

Also, I gave myself a back up in mid-April and got on Kerbeck's 2021 list (1K deposit) because at the time I had 0 response from my small dealer( 5K deposit) where I'm 6 out of 7 allocations and they had 1 delivery before the shutdown. Estimate is I'm at about #300 on Kerbeck's 21 list. Question: if it is better to go with 2021 now (or in 2 weeks after the "cross-functional team" confer, then do I stick with my low volume dealer or go with Kerbeck? What gives me (and those like me) the best chance to get a C8 the soonest and with the least hassle in the fairest manner?
          If you're at 1100 it's pretty clear that you won't get a 2020. Also, IMO your small dealers deposit requirement of 5K is outrageous. I wouldn't deal with them. Regarding best chance for a early '21 I'd get on Mike Furman's list and maybe McMulkin as well. Between the three of them you should be in pretty good shape, although you could have discussions with other smaller dealers who understand the Corvette process. I'm sure there are some around the country who have little or no wait list for '21 models. Don't know where you're located, but there could be someone closer to you that you could work with also?
          Last edited by George; 05-22-2020, 10:04 AM.
          Recently sold:
          Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
            deposit requirement of $5K is outrageous
            I thought $500 was high 🤑

Comment

Info in this article on 2021 ordering and HTC production.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/05...ks-open-today/
              Shadow Gray Metallic; 1LT with Z51, FE4, Comp seats, blk int and package with PDR.

Comment

Isn't the article incorrect? MY2021 did NOT open up yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Jake View Post
                  or later 😣
                  Perhaps but they would be in transit as production would have wrapped up at the end of October. I'm assuming around a 4 week in transit time from build to dealership, but it could take a little longer. That's of course if nothing else unnatural hampers this production year any further.🤔

Comment

All of this is dependent on the Supply Chain. Other General Motors assembly plants have been impacted.https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gm...of2&yptr=yahoo Hope BG will be able to run as planned.

Comment

I know a guy that has a 2020 at 3000 and 3 deposits on a 2021....

Comment

"Cross-functional team to confer 2 weeks from start of production to create official revised guidance on MY20 vs MY21 allocation & build schedule." 3000 w/3 2021 deposits: Cautiously non-optimistic considering consensus all around is that 3000s will be built. BUT, certainly better safe with all that has and could happen. Less hopeful as an 1100, although Rick Conti in his vlog yesterday seemed a bit more than slightly optimistic due to MY2020 production to 10/31. I'm 1100 with 2 other deposits. Appears we should all know more after 2+weeks if guidance is, indeed, handed down....

Comment

WRT future MY2020 coupe and HTC production, Kai Spande said Tadge J. will make some announcements at the NCM Michelin V-BASH tommorrow afternoon.

BTW, Spande showed a short video of the chassis assembly - all robotic automated. 24 dudes and 154 robots - wow !! I'd love to see more of this setup !!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X