MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM’s Day Went Well Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM’s Day Went Well Yesterday

Some good news from day 1 of GM production resuming at some of its plants. More will be coming on line. BGA starts just five days from now. Thanks GM Authority for this article.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F27C4A7-9E3C-4262-B6D1-FE04068E5894.jpeg
Views:	1767
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	147873

General Motors Marks Successful First Day Of Reopening U.S. Assembly PlantsSponsored Links

Several General Motors assembly plants returned to work this week after they were shut down in early March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. According to local Detroit publication Click On Detroit, the reopening “went about as smoothly” as GM could have hoped for at this time, with workers saying they were impressed by the automaker’s newly implemented safety protocols.

Most of GM’s concern over workers spreading COVID-19 were related to the entrances and exits of the plants. In the past, workers would come in close contact with each other as they left the building while the other shift arrived. For this reason, the automaker is only operating one single shift at its U.S. plants right now, with second shifts set to come back online next week.

These GM plants all went back to work as of Monday, May 18th, though they are not operating at full capacity yet:
    GM CEO Mary Barra, along with other top GM executives like Mark Reuss, are set to visit GM’s U.S. assembly plants in the coming weeks and months to observe how the plants run in a post-pandemic world. The automaker has implemented a number of COVID-19 safety protocols at its production plants, which include taking employee temperatures when they arrive on-site, frequently cleaning workspaces and employee common areas and requiring social distancing measures where possible.
    https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/05...sembly-plants/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Outstanding! I had faith that GM and the UAW would get it worked out to where it was safe for workers to build cars. ( as safe as it can be, nothing is without an element of risk ) There will likely be some cases of Covid19 pop up but I am sure they have protocols short of going turtle again to deal with it. Great news.

Comment

Well thats good news...glad nobody coughed...

ford had a little fun with their first day..

maybe the union decided to take it easy on GM for the rest of the year since they had a forty day strike at the end of last year...

hopefully the double shift can safely and smoothly occur at the plants gm needs production on too.
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

I hope those were stock photos pre corona . The workers did not have masks on. I really feel that ventilation systems need to be addressed. remember Legionaires disease???

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
          I hope those were stock photos pre corona . The workers did not have masks on. I really feel that ventilation systems need to be addressed. remember Legionaires disease???
          Everyone in GM plants is required to wear a mask. Those are definitely stock photos.

Comment

Latest info is that the virus is not spreading from surfaces being touched. From reports it sounds like employees would do well to avoid break rooms and associating during break times.
            Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

My wife just read something about 2020 production will now run untill november

Comment

Well Alright!!! BGA andiamo!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                  Latest info is that the virus is not spreading from surfaces being touched. From reports it sounds like employees would do well to avoid break rooms and associating during break times.
                  Yes, that is what is generally now believed. I know doctors who don't wipe products they bring home. That is why social distancing is vital. Masks to keep it from going airborne and gloves to keep hands from touching eyes etc. Masks don't help you. They help people you contact in case you have it. The workers only really need to wear this stuff when in close proximity to others.
                  Like I said in another thread Ford workers are likely getting it from home from people who are not following the guidelines. Until that sinks in DEEP workers will continue to test positive. It's only a matter of time.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Yesterday I had a nurse say that gloves were the biggest joke for non-medical workers. Her point was that their purpose was to protect others from YOU, the same as masks; and that virtually no one outside the medical profession knows how to take off the gloves and to immediately dispose of them. Point is for folks to learn the dangers and use common sense.
                    Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Years ago, I remember my Grandfather always complaining about big brother and seat belt laws ... but insisted I put my seat belt on every time we were in the car 😉

He said the same thing about Smoking Laws, but told me to never put one in my mouth.

Hopefully 10 years from now, we'll all be able to look back at this, smile at who the experts where and still enjoy our C8 Corvettes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                        Yesterday I had a nurse say that gloves were the biggest joke for non-medical workers. Her point was that their purpose was to protect others from YOU, the same as masks; and that virtually no one outside the medical profession knows how to take off the gloves and to immediately dispose of them. Point is for folks to learn the dangers and use common sense.
                        *IF* I wear gloves, I have a box of 150 of them in my car.... I put them on, touch something, and dispose of them. I put one on when getting gas and touching the PIN pad. Toss it IN THE TRASH when done filling up. That's pretty much the extent of it. You are right where people don't understand the logic behind wearing gloves. You don't wear them all day, touching your phone, whatever else, and then dispose of them after you've spread something all over the place!

Comment

Does anybody know of BGA plant will be shutting down on the 4th of July ? I think I read somewhere they usually shut down for a 2 week holiday....
                          Would that be a Union contract issue ? The reason I'm asking, my TPW is July 7th.
                          Thanks
                          Bill

Comment

Did not go well for Ford here in Chicago. An employee tested positive. They cleaned, started back up, and stopped again due to parts shortages.
                            The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Z51, FE4, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Gloves offer some protection, but you still have to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often. I carry a little bottle of the stuff in my car and use it every time I get out of the car or receive anything from curbside service etc. You just have to develop some new habits. Also as potent as these coronavirus aerosols are, I always wear a mask when out in the public. Outdoors is safer, but why take a chance. I only take my mask off when I am in my car, in my house or sitting outside on my patio.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X